Weird Al on Family Guy

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Weird Al on Family Guy

Post by JohnnyLurg »

On this Sunday's episode of Family Guy, "The Most Interesting Man in the World," Peter will present his family with a "Weird Al" Yankovic documentary entitled... An Inconvenient Tooth.

Image here: http://i.imgur.com/YMffCFI.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really, Family Guy? Couldn't even think of a food pun (see The Simpsons "Pringle Bells" joke)? Just any run-of-the-mill pun on pop culture equals Weird Al for you guys?
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Weird Al on Family Guy

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That's not terribly creative, but given that Family Guy is really not funny any more, I'm not surprised.
JohnnyLurg
Regular
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Kevbo1987 wrote:That's not terribly creative, but given that Family Guy is really not funny any more, I'm not surprised.
If anything, I wish they'd have bothered to give Al his current look, as opposed to his 80s one.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Its still his most recognized look, despite this year making his "new" look longer lasting than his "old" look
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Eh, wake me up when "American Dad!" references Al in some way. It's probably going to be funnier and more creative/biting if they do it.

Oh wait...I get it! It's funny because Al is named like Al Gore's name! Hahahaha....no.

(Now there's a reference to an animated show that's funny AND clever...or at least used to be until just this season)

I wonder what Al might have to say about this on Twitter if he happens to see it? He did tweet about The Simpsons' last two minor references (including the Pringle Bells one) as well as SNLs.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

At least it's a new clip for the next tour... :?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Actually, I gotta hand it to Family Guy's artists. Even if they left his old glasses and mustache intact and gave him short hair, that's probably the most accurate representation of his facial features they could ever pull off.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

JEDM wrote:At least it's a new clip for the next tour... :?
I feel like they would use the My Little Pony clips way before they would use this one, but that's just my opinion I guess. Also I haven't seen this other than what Al put on Instagram but I feel like it isn't worth watching. Maybe for one of those transition clip things. Again idk I'm not in charge of these things :up:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

FOX put up the clip on their Animation Domination YouTube page already. It's definitely not worth watching.

...and Al did mention this on Twitter, so I guess I spoke too soon.

Come to think of it, the more I see this the more it reminds me of the Jurassic Park video.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:I guess I spoke too soon.
You... speaking too soon? Impossible.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.