The View Appearance! - July 15

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

billmusic

Re: The View Appearance! - July 15

Post by billmusic »

I know but they block videos to those not watching in the US (I'm in Canada). Plus, I'd like to keep a copy of the show and I can't capture streamed videos.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

billmusic wrote:I know but they block videos to those not watching in the US (I'm in Canada). Plus, I'd like to keep a copy of the show and I can't capture streamed videos.
Okay, I'll set up a trade with you. I'll copy the segment onto a VHS for you along with some other clips that you may have missed, and you can do the same for me and we'll mail each other the tapes.

:P Who remembers doing that back in the 90s to get Al content we had missed? Ah, those were the days.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Bruce the Duck wrote: :P Who remembers doing that back in the 90s to get Al content we had missed? Ah, those were the days.
Hey, that was actually my prize for winning WOWAY Survivor. I remember how excited I was to have my choice of all that Al content. Those were indeed the days.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

They had some comedian named Tommy filling us in on how things will work and warming up the crowd during breaks and stuff and he noticed some guy had a UHF DVD and pretty much every Al CD album cover with him. So then he asked who else was there to see Al and Mike showed him his Al tattoo. So during one of the commercial breaks, he pointed out the Al fans to Whoopi and she said that she was a fan too and that she really wants Al to do a School House Rock segment. That's where the whole educational song comment started from.

Anyway, it was different than any other taping I've been to. I never watched the show before so I didn't really know what to expect. They let us take pictures during the commercials so hopefully I got some good ones of when Al came out. Whoopi and Sherri and Jenny all seemed really nice. All three took questions from he audience during the breaks. Al's segment was really good, though I was disappointed they didn't show the whole video, but the audience loved what they saw. And that's pretty much it, the rest I think you can figure out from watching the show.

And I'll let Mike tell you about the dude who got drunk and threw up on him, then kissed him. :vomit: :*

Dave
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Elvis wrote:And I'll let Mike tell you about the dude who got drunk and threw up on him, then kissed him. :vomit: :*
That would make for some good television :oo
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
albinodwarf27
Addicted

Post by albinodwarf27 »

All he told me was that the guy had smooth lips - I didn't hear about the throwing up part! Details, Mike!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

So the comedian saw the guys cds and said he was a superfan and asked if anyone could top it, so naturally I raised my hand. He made a big deal about the tattoo. Then he remarked rhat my bright yellow hawaiian shirt was referred to as Weird Al formal wear. At the first commercial break he came back to me and had me stand up and show Whoopi my tattoo. She got to talking about Al and how he is perfect for School House Rock, which she later mentioned to him. On the last break the comic was telling a story while standing next to me that involved vomit and he bent over as if he was throwing up on me. Well Whoopi looked up at this moment and said "Are you throwing up, or doing something else?" which led to more simulated oral entertainment and then he leaned my head back and planted one on me. His lips were quite soft. It was a good day, topped off by me getting to wear Als old glasses!
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Since I currently have no cable I am not able to watch it for another week according to the website :x:
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Post by Alinite27 »

Watched it on OnDemand today. A very 'meh' appearance. Glad that those of you that went had a good time, though.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Did you see Dave and I in our yellow shirts? It wasnt planned
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ