Never Not Funny

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Never Not Funny

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

Al was on Never Not Funny today, hosted by Jimmy Pardo!

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/weird-al-yankovic-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, here are links to all the episode of Earwolf-produced podcasts that he's been on:

http://www.earwolf.com/person/weird-al-yankovic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: Never Not Funny

Post by Alinite27 »

Al's going to be on Jimmy Pardo's Pardcastathon.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I still don't get around to listening to this. Podcast is my least favourite form of media - my eyes get bored while I listen :lol: , I feel uncomfortable staring blankly to nowhere, but I can't browse anything else, because I need to focus on listening. Nowadays, is it really that much cheaper to make audio-only instead of audio+mediocre video?

Is it good? How come nobody has anything to say about it?

Edit: Oh wait... this is not a new podcast :imstupid: ... Maybe I even heard it, just don't remember...
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

mellow weasel wrote:I still don't get around to listening to this. Podcast is my least favourite form of media - my eyes get bored while I listen :lol: , I feel uncomfortable staring blankly to nowhere, but I can't browse anything else, because I need to focus on listening. Nowadays, is it really that much cheaper to make audio-only instead of audio+mediocre video?

Is it good? How come nobody has anything to say about it?

Edit: Oh wait... this is not a new podcast :imstupid: ... Maybe I even heard it, just don't remember...
Video is actually expensive because of the needed equipment. You have to have pretty good cameras, and those are not cheap. The production would have to hire a camera man to film it also.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Burger wrote:Video is actually expensive because of the needed equipment. You have to have pretty good cameras, and those are not cheap. The production would have to hire a camera man to film it also.
I thought you could just put your phone on some stand and the video would be decent enough :lol: . Then you could replace its audio with audio recorded with recording equipment they use now (seems like a task simple enough for "windows movie maker" or alike) so that the sound was fine and clear... But of course it might be more difficult than it seems to me.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

mellow weasel wrote:
Burger wrote:Video is actually expensive because of the needed equipment. You have to have pretty good cameras, and those are not cheap. The production would have to hire a camera man to film it also.
I thought you could just put your phone on some stand and the video would be decent enough :lol: . Then you could replace its audio with audio recorded with recording equipment they use now (seems like a task simple enough for "windows movie maker" or alike) so that the sound was fine and clear... But of course it might be more difficult than it seems to me.
That's not a bad idea. You could put a decent camera on a tripod and have it focus on the center of the conversation. Any movie maker would work in that regard.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Here is a pic of Al chatting with Chris Hardwick backstage at Pardcastathon. :inlove:

4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

algonacchick wrote:Here is a pic of Al chatting with Chris Hardwick backstage at Pardcastathon. :inlove:

[ https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3twkPECQAAK5V6.jpg:large ]

Omigod cutie!! <3
I can tell he's smiling... aw...

(sorry, sorry. *retreats to Drool topic*)

I haven't listened to this yet, but I am SO going to. This image was enough advertising for me- of BOTH podcasts!
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
Abbeybunny
Die-hard Fan

Post by Abbeybunny »

That picture tells me enough :wub:
Just your ordinary run-of-the-mill fangirl

6/21/15: First Weird Al concert!