Space Ghost coming to DVD!

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

DrewBoo
Occasional
Location: Alabama, where that kind of thing is NOT tolerated, thank you very much!

Post by DrewBoo »

O_O Space Ghost is my favorite show ever. I will buy all 8 (or 9?) seasons, I tell you!

They made one episode this year, with the Aqua Teens in it, and SG was on the Brak Show (which Al did a voice on once!). I guess it's the end of the line for SG:C2C. -_-

Memorable SG quotes:
"I don't think about anything except... *thinks* I... don't think about anything"
"Then what was the point of sanding my face off"
"Banjoooooooo!"
"Because it's more fantastical."
"Moltar, I have a giant brain, which is capable of turning any complex machine into a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer."
"The cleaners were closed, but I found this wonderful blouse in the gutter, and afashioned a hat out of a fry box."
"I'm SG and it's plain to see that my name is SG because my names is SQ"
"It's electrifyin'! *echo* "
"Did the lights just flicker? Look at it but don't blink."
Here's the Episodes that will appear on the first DVD:
Spanish Translation
Gilligan
Elevator
CHiPs
Bobcat
Banjo
Punch
Batmantis
Self Help
Gum, Disease
And last, but not least, the transcript of Al's interview:
SPACE GHOST: My next guest is Weird Al Yankovic, here he comes now!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Hi, people of the universe! Hi! Look at me, I'm on TV! Whoooooooo! Whoooooooo! (LAUGHS)

SPACE GHOST: (IMITATES) Whoooooooo! Whooooooooo!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Ahh! Ahhhaa!

SPACE GHOST: Whoooooooo! Welcome to the show, Weird Al. Whoooooooo!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Thank you! I, I, uh, I can't tell you what a intense thrill it is to be on your show, I...

SPACE GHOST: Sure you could!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

ZORAK: Tell him now! Tell him!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Hey Zorak, you...

ZORAK: Shut up!

SPACE GHOST: Oooooh.

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: (FRUSTRATED) I don't know how!

SPACE GHOST: Hey Al, tell us about your new record.

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Oh please, Space Ghost, um, I, I came on your show because I'm a, I'm a big fan, not to plug my latest album...

SPACE GHOST: Wrong! Next question! Super powers, got any?

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Well, um, I can eat my own weight in Ding Dongs. I can turn red traffic lights green just by staring at them, and I can do an oil painting with my butt.

SPACE GHOST: That's enough to get you on this show.

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Yeah, times are a little hard, I guess.

SPACE GHOST: So, what'd you think of Schooly?

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: He's, he's a party animal, he's, he's, he's a nut, he's completely out of control, he's, he's a party in a can, he's a wacky, zany, nutty funster.

SPACE GHOST: Zorak's wacky. Ain't he?

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Sure, um. Hey, Zorak, you evil locust!

ZORAK: Mantis!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: My powers are beyond your comprehension.

ZORAK: (EYES SPINNING) Do a B flat.

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Baaaaaaaaa! (DOES A REALLY HIGH B FLAT).

SPACE GHOST: (JOINS IN, SLIGHTLY OFF KEY, TRYING SEVERAL TIMES) Baaaaaaaaaaaa! Aaaaaaaaaa! Aaaaaaaaaaa!

ZORAK: Now, contort your body.

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Okay. (CONTORTS HIS BODY)

SPACE GHOST: Baaaaaaaa... what does that feel like?

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Well, it's kinda painful and it kinda feels good at the same time.

SPACE GHOST: You mean like when your enemy is shaving your back and...

MOLTAR: (SHIVERING) Oh-h-h-h-h-h!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: (STILL CONTORTED) Can you help me here, Space Ghost?

SPACE GHOST: What?

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Can you help me?

SPACE GHOST: Oh, yeah, yeah. (SAYS "SPELL" AGAIN; AL UN-CONTORTS) You know, that reminds me of a story... a story about a little pellet who, with a little grit and a lot of sheer will, became a Sea Monkey...

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Also he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

SPACE GHOST: (LAUGHS) And you know, Al, that little Sea Monkey is named Banjo.

ZORAK: Here, Banjo! (BANJO APPEARS ON THE SET, HE IS MONSTROUS)

SPACE GHOST: Banjo!

ZORAK: Here, shrimp.

SPACE GHOST: Aren't you plucky! Finding your way to the set...

(BANJO SHOOTS A RAY OUT OF HIS MOUTH AT ZORAK)

ZORAK: Uh oh. (GETS BLASTED)

SPACE GHOST: Jumpin' jujubes!

MOLTAR: Man, that's a big shrimp!

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC: Gotta go now! (WAVES, DUCKS OUT OF HIS CHAIR AND LEAVES)

SPACE GHOST: No, Banjo! Why are you doing this? I gave you life!

ZORAK: No!! (GETS BLASTED AGAIN BY BANJO)

SPACE GHOST: What have I unleashed! (IN A LOW VOICE) That's it boy. Come get some.

(SPACE GHOST FIRES A DESTRUCTO-RAY AND BLOWS UP BANJO. THE SMOKE CLEARS, SPACE GHOST LANDS ON THE FLOOR; A PIECE OF BANJO FALLS NEARBY)

SPACE GHOST: Why do we always hurt the ones we love? Why Banjo? Why?! Banjo! Banjo! Banjooooo!

(BLACK SCREEN WITH THE FOLLOWING WORDS:)

IN MEMORY OF

Banjo

September 23rd

11:00 pm - 11:15 pm
There are so many people who inspired me in my career. I'd like to sit down with each one of them and thank them personally. But of course, that'd be a complete waste of my free time.

- Weird Al quote of the week
Captain Tylor
Occasional

Post by Captain Tylor »

I thought it just said he was the first celebrity to do so.

With all of the oddball guests they've had on that show over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if more celebrities had asked to appear in later seasons.

Yeah I am sure there were more after Al but I just thought it was cool that they mentioned that distinction in the CD. Ill try to be more precise next time.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I thought it just said he was the first celebrity to do so.

With all of the oddball guests they've had on that show over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if more celebrities had asked to appear in later seasons.
Yeah I am sure there were more after Al but I just thought it was cool that they mentioned that distinction in the CD. Ill try to be more precise next time.

IIRC, didn't Hanson also ask to be on SG:C2C?? They were obviously as big fans of the show as Al [judging from the episode "Girl Hair" from 1999 -- "So, you like the lasers, do ya?" "Oh!! Yes!! Oh, higher!!! Please!!!"]. They might even have been inspired to ask to be on the show since Al had asked and gotten on; they probably talked about it during their work together on "River". Anybody know?

Doc
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

My favorite show ever ^_^

Been watching it since it first came out and it remains my favorite show on the Adult Swim block. I am going to pee myself when this comes out ^^;
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

IIRC, didn't Hanson also ask to be on SG:C2C?? They were obviously as big fans of the show as Al [judging from the episode "Girl Hair" from 1999 -- "So, you like the lasers, do ya?" "Oh!! Yes!! Oh, higher!!! Please!!!"]. They might even have been inspired to ask to be on the show since Al had asked and gotten on; they probably talked about it during their work together on "River". Anybody know?

Doc

I beleive Bjork also asked to be on. The episode she was in was like the funniest episode EVER. I also heard Tnaticous D did. There episode was hillarious as well. According to that episode, Satan looks exactly like Yogi Bear.
DrewBoo
Occasional
Location: Alabama, where that kind of thing is NOT tolerated, thank you very much!

Post by DrewBoo »

Oh yeah!

Zorak: Satan is here, you know, the guy with the necktie and the crown of femurs.

Space Ghost: Didn't I meet him at the open house?
Also on that episode with Tenacious D:
Space Ghost: Hey, sing a song about me and my bicycle!
Jack Black: Were you attached to your bicycle?
Space Ghost: Well yeah, my dad threw it at me every chance he got. Had to live in the trees, where it was too high to throw.

Congrats on 500 posts, Ratbert. :)
There are so many people who inspired me in my career. I'd like to sit down with each one of them and thank them personally. But of course, that'd be a complete waste of my free time.

sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Wellllllllllll, getting back to the asking thing, the source could be outdated with ONLY. The last Space Ghost Cd came out what, 4 years ago?

Eric, owns the Brak album. Still funniest non Al album I own. And stupidest ever album. But still hilarious.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Wellllllllllll, getting back to the asking thing, the source could be outdated with ONLY. The last Space Ghost Cd came out what, 4 years ago?

Actually the CD in question, if I'm thinking of the same one here, was a promo soundtrack with several mixes of the theme song. I'm not exactly sure of the date on it, but it was released a couple of years before the "Musical Bar-B-Que."

Anyway, the booklet looked back at the first season of episodes and offered a little trivia on each one. I thought it said Al was the first as opposed to the only, but either way it was true at the time the CD was made.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Moltar: Yeah, he was the guy, that was tryin' to get you to- kill that girl.

Zorak: Yeah, you know, with the necktie. And, uh, crown made of femurs.

Space Ghost: Uh, I don't remember him.

Zorak: Maybe you didn't see him. Your eyes were all rolled back in your head.

Moltar: Yeah, man, and you kept sayin' "Satan, daddy, satan!"

Congrats on 500 posts, Ratbert. :)

Why thank you
DrewBoo
Occasional

Post by DrewBoo »

Oh yeah, that's the quote. I should have looked it up in the transcripts at Adult Swim, but, well, I forgot what the episode was called. :)