The Weird Al Show

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Ok, then I apologize for jumping all over the newbie. Welcome to WOWAY! :)
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah...I remember a while ago, one of the mods here said something like this: "We allow video files of TV appearances because they cannot be purchased elsewhere and doesn't harm Al in any way." Of course, we can't give away MPEG files of music videos and the like here, but stuff like The Weird Al Show, an episode of a show Al appears in (unless it's on DVD), one of those AL-TV fake interviews, or a TV appearance where he sings a song or something would be okay.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SlightyUnusualAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by SlightyUnusualAl »

Weirdojace, I tried your link and it worked, but the videos would download at super-slow speeds. Who's the host? Does he have slow bandwidth?
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

My computer is the host. As for it being slow, I was just getting to that...

Somebody here has been using a download accelerator. Whoever it is, STOP IT. You've been hitting at "Mining Accident" over 20 times at once, and you are MAJORLY slowing down my computer. I can barely even use the Internet because of you. You're slowing it down for me, and everyone else trying to download. Stop NOW.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Manda @ Jun 28 2004, 08:16 PM wrote: I really like Fred Huggins. I'm a little Kitty cracks me up all the time.
I know, because to me, the Fred Huggins show is the best part of the Al-watching-TV sequences! I espeically like the award show one.

By the way, you know in "Bad Influence" when Al says something like "I'm WAY MOBY!" was that an indication of his own personal label, or did that come out even before he started using that one, and he got the name from that ? I'm so confused :wacko:
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Heather
Occasional

Post by Heather »

Heh, I quote this show on a daily basis, if only because I laugh and nobody else does.

To the irritating cheerleader: I like you! I mean, in theory. If you weren't so bossy. In an alternate universe where you weren't like a tyrant, I like you.

To mother, while being sarcastic during dinner: Well, no offense to your pasta mother, but it's like I always say, "If you've got blacktop and you've got gelatin, you've got good eatin'!"

I could kinda go on like this, but I'll spare you.
Why does Al resemble Ted Kazensky? Because he's the bomb! Shine!
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

:ph34r: Nevermind!
Al team # 2836
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Manda, I think Heather was talking about Al's record label, which was WAY Moby for a while there. I dunno if he had that label name before or after TWAS was filmed, Heather, but that's a good question for Ask Al.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

It first made its appearance on TWAS in 1997, I believe. At that time, Scotti Bros. was still around. The first album to be released on the Volcano Way Moby label was RWS in 1999.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Manda, I think Heather was talking about Al's record label, which was WAY Moby for a while there. I dunno if he had that label name before or after TWAS was filmed, Heather, but that's a good question for Ask Al.

Sorry I don't know how I did that. And I think it was tws24_7, wasn't it?
Al team # 2836