Al's 2007 Australian Media Appearances

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Al's 2007 Australian Media Appearances

Post by mewrio »

I took it upon myself to do the recording and capping of Al's TV appearances from while he was in Australia, and put them up on the net for all to enjoy. Many thanks to Bobbi for letting me use the webspace, BTW.

Here's how to figure out which version to watch (whenever you have a choice). The AVI is much bigger, but looks a lot better and plays more easily on systems other than Windows. The WMV is smaller, but doesn't look as good, especially if you watch it full screen. The Mornings clip has a HD version, which is the same format as the AVI but is much bigger, and requires a new-ish computer to play properly.

If the AVI file won't play, get XviD. If the WMV won't play, get Windows Media Player. If the MP4 won't play, get Quicktime.

Unless it's specifically a streaming file, right click the link and click "Save As" or "Save Link As".

The Catch-Up (Topic)
Streaming WMV - only works in Internet Explorer - I have lost this URL, so if anyone has it, it would be much appreciated.

Mornings with Kerri-Anne (Topic)
HD AVI - 1080p (524mb)
AVI (143mb)
WMV (37mb)

Spicks and Specks (Topic)
AVI (245mb)
WMV (70mb)
Outtake - AVI (12mb)

jtv and jtv XL
MP4 (91mb)
WMV (91mb)
Streaming WMV/Real Media
MP3 (4mb) - extended radio version

Get This
MP3 (60mb)
Last edited by mewrio on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Thanks, mewrio! That's a lot of work you're putting yourself to. I really liked the Kerri-Anne thing. That's really and gave Al plenty of screentime. :D
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

Wow, thanks for posting that. The only thing is, it's gonna take several hours to save to my computer, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Edit: I stopped the avi download and started the wmv. It's much smaller and faster. Thanks again for doing this. That's really nice of you.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

This is not a double post.

I just finished watching that video, and dude, I can't thank you enough. It was unbelievably cool. And since 'stellar' is my new favorite adjective (don't ask me where it came from, because even I don't know) I think you're totally freaking stellar for taking the time to make that available for us to download. Thanks, duder. I mean really. Wow. I loved it!!!
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

childofthespiral @ Mar 13 2007, 11:38 PM wrote: This is not a double post.
Well, technically... :P
taste is only something if it is yours.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Nice one, Bob. :lol:
And Peggy
evan_ms

Post by evan_ms »

Thanks for that mewrio, that clip was great :)
Keep it up!

-Evan
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Thanks so much, mewrio! For some reason, all my files initially download as Winamp files. When I tried to play the video in my Winamp playwer, I only got sound. So then, I decided to try Windows Media Player, and I did get both video and audio, but the audio was like 10 seconds behind from the video. Third time's the charm, as I had great success with my VLC player. I used the full screen option, and it was such a beautiful, clear picture. I downloaded the avi file. What a fun interview! I especially liked the writhing, and the "Ya think?" reaction when Kerri Anne asked if he was a nerd in high school. Great, great stuff!

^_^
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Well, Well, Well @ Mar 13 2007, 11:39 PM wrote: Well, technically... :P
I was saying it wasn't a double post because I wasn't saying the same thing twice. I just couldn't wait any longer to tell mewrio how cool it is the video is up. :D
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Don't worry about it. It's the dreaded triple post that can start riots. :P
taste is only something if it is yours.