Al's 2007 Australian Media Appearances

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Are you going to get the JTV appearance Mewrio?
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

My mother watched Spicks and Specks and said that she didn't think Al came across all that well... when I said that I thought it was funny, she said 'you're obsessed.' in this whole 'yes, dear' tone of voice. It was a little annoying.

What time was the JTV appearance going to be again? I need to set up my VCR for it...

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

It starts at 11:05pm....I wasn't going to stay up and watch it, but it's only about 10 minutes away, I might as well.
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

Thanks for that, Emily. I'll try to tape it, since it's still a couple of hours away here... I really shouldn't stay up too late, since I have to go to work tomorrow...

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

jtv puts whole episodes up on their website, so I probably won't. Might do it for XL though.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I must say I liked how Al's team got more points in the first round than the other team got in the whole show.

The recorder orchestra was very neat, and I was impressed with Al's immediate "get" on the Jaws theme.

Al singing the thesaurus reminded me a lot of the time I saw Elton John compose music to a stove instruction manual. Hilarity ensued
This means something. This is important.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

NerdyNyara27 @ Mar 16 2007, 07:38 AM wrote: My mother watched Spicks and Specks and said that she didn't think Al came across all that well... when I said that I thought it was funny, she said 'you're obsessed.' in this whole 'yes, dear' tone of voice. It was a little annoying.

- Laurel -
What? I thought he was great! He was the best thing about the show!! I think that Ari woman was the one who didn't come across well at all.

Btw, I've watched it twice already, and I'll probably watch it again in the near future. I can't get enough!

ETA: I loved it when the other guy named Al mentioned that 24/7 internet polka radio station. Our Al said "Wow! That'd be like crack to me."

:lol:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

Will these work w/ Macs??? PLEASE TELL ME!!!
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

Never mind. I got a Win and watched. S&S: HILLARIOUS!!!!! (Haven't watched the other yet...)
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Here's Al's jtv appearance.

ETA: Looks like this might be the extended jtv XL version, so any Aussies who don't want to get "spoiled" should not watch that yet.