Al's 2007 Australian Media Appearances

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

That was neat, although the pixelation was really bad. Didn't look like there were any spoilers in it though. The "way off key" accordion bit was hilarious!
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

mewrio @ Mar 17 2007, 11:01 AM wrote: ETA: Looks like this might be the extended jtv XL version, so any Aussies who don't want to get "spoiled" should not watch that yet.
what kind of spoilers?
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

KnottyEmily @ Mar 17 2007, 10:31 AM wrote: what kind of spoilers?
I just meant that you might prefer to see the extended version on TV before you see it on the web. But if you don't get ABC2 it doesn't matter anyway I suppose.
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

algonacchick @ Mar 17 2007, 06:28 AM wrote: What? I thought he was great! He was the best thing about the show!! I think that Ari woman was the one who didn't come across well at all.

Btw, I've watched it twice already, and I'll probably watch it again in the near future. I can't get enough!

ETA: I loved it when the other guy named Al mentioned that 24/7 internet polka radio station. Our Al said "Wow! That'd be like crack to me."

:lol:
I loved that line too! Especially the way he looked so serious when he said it. But I thought Al's entire performance was just brilliant. He's such a charmer, isn't he? :wub:

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
WAYFan
Addicted

Post by WAYFan »

OK, here I go... Never done this before...This is very intense...If there was music here, it would be, y'know, INTENSE...

Fave Quotes:

-JTV:
"Oh, this is REALLY a bad accordion!"

-Mornings with Kerri-Anne:
"I had learn to writhe, and writhing takes practice!"

-Spicks & Specks:
1. "Really? Wow, that'd be like crack to me."
2. "Buh-bum--"
BEEP!
"How could you not know this? It's the theme from JAWS, with the most famous tuba solo in history!"
Janet! Dr. Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky! (BULLWINKLE!)

Hellooooooooooooooo, Nurse!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Goodness, that is amusing for him to play the really bad accordion. :lol:
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

stupidsurgeon27 @ Mar 16 2007, 10:00 PM wrote: Goodness, that is amusing for him to play the really bad accordion.  :lol:
Yeah!!! I burst out laughing when he said " the best accordions are from hawk shops" then plays 2 notes on it and goes "oh this is BAD... This is a good accordion for setting on fire... This makes me wanna kill!".

Unbelievably funny. I had to watch it twice because I was laughing too hard to pay attention to what was going on. Too bad it's not up for download though.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Paul Burns

Post by Paul Burns »

Awesome! Downloading the morning show one, thanks a bunch
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

childofthespiral @ Mar 17 2007, 01:46 PM wrote: Too bad it's not up for download though.
Oh, but it is. No-one really wants me to upload my own version of it, do they? Like I said before, I doubt I will, since the ABC have been so kind as to put it up on the internet for us all. The Americans here have been able to access it, haven't they?

Here's the podcasts for the entire episodes, just in case anyone wants them.
Mariel
Occasional
Location: IL, USA. South of the Mecca of the Albino Squirrels.

Post by Mariel »

Edit: Never mind. mewrio just beat me to it.

And yes, mewrio. We have no trouble accessing it.

Mariel
Feed Me!