cooli-oh dear

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

IIRC Coolio once said in an online chat that Al should be castrated
I refuse to believe that Coolio ever said that. He just couldn't have. That word has three syllables.

Memo to Al: If Coolio ever mentions "running with scissors" to you, run faster.
So, either Al doesn't hate Coolio, or he's just really good at hiding it.
I choose Door #1. Al doesn't seem to have much of a knack for hating. Probably that's why he has so much energy available for other things.
Now, I would be less surprised if Al named a dead fish something like "The Seafood Formerly Known as Fish."

Now, that, I could believe. :biggrin:
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Well, for what it's worth, I talked to somebody today who interviewed Coolio recently. He said Coolio's still mad at Al.

He also said Coolio has a lot of trouble getting through airport checkpoints. His hair keeps setting off the metal detectors! Sorry, I know that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I just find it hilarious!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

IIRC Coolio once said in an online chat that Al should be castrated
I refuse to believe that Coolio ever said that. He just couldn't have. That word has three syllables.

Plus the fact he was able to type it in an online chat...
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

You know, I think on the celebrity chats it's not the celebrity who does the typing. They hire unemployed elves for that.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

You know, I think on the celebrity chats it's not the celebrity who does the typing. They hire unemployed elves for that.

Oh, undoubtedly.

Online Relayer: "What do you think of Weird Al now?"

Coolio: (long string of monosyllabic words with many references to Al's crotchal region)

Online Relayer: Um, I'll just use "castrated."
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I found some pictures of Al at wireimage.com attending the recent South Park Anniversary party. After a little more digging I found pics of Coolio attending the same party. I gotta wonder if they even had anything to say to each other. I would've loved to have been there to find out.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I was channel surfing and caught a small interview with Al regarding the Bad Hair appearance at the American Music Awards. He talked about how painful it (the hair style) was and how Dick Clark was a little nervous about what Coolio would think. Al said he seemed fine with it, shook his hand and showed him how to do the Coolio walk before they went onstage with it.

Then they cut to an interview (seemed recent) with Coolio, he said he thought it was pretty funny. So maybe he has chilled out a bit over time. Or maybe he forgot that he forgot he gave permission in the first place.

And did I mention, Al looked nice? :inlove:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

OK, Al looked nice. But what show was it? Details! We want details!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

OK, Al looked nice. But what show was it? Details! We want details!

I didn't catch the show title, it was on before Eminem:The Ultimate Album (Oy...)

I am going to guess it was VH1 Goes Inside:The American Music Awards. They don't have another air date posted, but it would be worth checking on in the future. Cuz, did I mention, Al looked nice? :biggrin:

And I too saw the ever so brief, blue-shirted, goateed Al, in a commercial for that Kid's thing.

He looked pretty much like this:

http://www.weirdal.com/071301.htm

only not with Ben Folds.

It must have been Dick Clark that made me h-AL-lucinate the Great Weird One, if it wasn't him, since Shatner was nowhere in sight.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

but you just said...

Post by Elvis »

From LiveWorld:

Coolio: I don't know.I suppose so. Everyone has some sensitivity to them. It's not easy to hurt my feelings though. I don't have any hang-ups.
then
Sussiou: How was it doing a video with Weird Al?

Coolio: I didn't do it.I'm not a Weird Al fan.

Jedi: Coolio, which is your favorite music, or the music that you usually listen to?

Coolio: I listen to everything. I try to keep my mind open. Helps me with my ideas.

:huh: But you just said.... oh never mind. I don't get how Coolio's mind works. The braids must be too tight.

Dave