100 Moments That Rocked TV on this week

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE MJ is practicing his werewolf scream. MJ screams like a white girl (my words, not Al's)

Four words: Nature Trail To Hell. Of course Al is probably trying to scream like a Hollywood Scream Queen. Still...
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Al was on twice on the final installment of the series.

#11 Madonna singing Like A Virgin on the VMAs

#6 The Osbournes -- this was probably Al's funniest comment. He said "If you took out all the profanity, the satanic imagery, and the incontinent pets, you'd have Ozzie and Harriet."
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

#6 The Osbournes -- this was probably Al's funniest comment. He said \"If you took out all the profanity, the satanic imagery, and the incontinent pets, you'd have Ozzie and Harriet.\"

That is funny... and perceptive too. After all, the Osbournes are a nuclear family that hasn't turned into "Christmas At Ground Zero."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE \"If you took out all the profanity, the satanic imagery, and the incontinent pets, you'd have Ozzie and Harriet.\"

Yeah, but who would watch that?
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

(before 55) discussing what he thought the funniest music/tv moment was -- the part in the Making of Thriller where MJ is practicing his werewolf scream. MJ screams like a white girl (my words, not Al's)

Wait a scond, r u saying that michael jackson ISNT a white girl?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I tried to watch 100 MTRTV but I just couldn't sit through 4 hours of that drek even for Al. I did catch a couple of his bits though. The one that made me perk up and listen was when he talked about The Osbournes. I have thought that we will see/hear some references if not an outright parody of them. Al spoke in some detail and knowledge of the show. Could he be doing research??
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Al spoke in some detail and knowledge of the show. Could he be doing research??

Maybe research of a personal, not professional kind: observing in semi-horrified fascination how ANOTHER rock star is raising his kids.

Only semi-horrified, because the Osborne kids do seem reasonably un-messed-up and pretty fond of their parents, in a profane sort of way. They just have to watch where they step in the living room. :nervous:

Of course, he could just go hang out at the Jay house and skip the being-horrified part altogether.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ok, so I can sit through some dreck for Al. Not all four hours, but still...

I was watching VH1 and reading (see, I can multitask) and I heard a very familiar voice! It's Al!!

I wonder if Al has a permanent parking space over at VH1, he's been there a lot these last few months. Unless they kept him there for one really long interview.

He was wearing the shiny Hawaiian shirt that he wore for the UHF Outtakes... I like that shirt, but you would think that he has enough of them to not wear them so closely in succession.

And speaking of clothes: Who picked out that outfit for Molly Shannon? It was hideous. At least she didn't have the Makeup Artist Of Doom do her makeup.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I know i isnt 10 MTRTV, bt Al is also featured in Rock Star Bodies, not as someone showing off his body (sorry Scotti) but in a segmnt on hair plucking, the guy comments that Madonna told him he should be a surgeon, andthere is a quick clip of LAS shown twice. Its about 40 minutes in, dont sit through the whole thing, trust me.

Mike