Jimmy Fallon Appearance

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

There's nothing that unusual about an artist performing a new hit on a late night show and the host holds up a copy of their greatest hits. I've seen it happen before. I still say he'll perform Craigslist.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Three pages before the show even airs?!?

Im hoping for something older, like DED. And I see Al performing on Jimmy Fallon again. Jimmy himself is a fan, so its very likely
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

That's a good point, minnick. This is the first time a mainstream late night talk show host has been a confirmed Weird Al fan, with the exception of Tom Green (who did indeed have Al on a few times).
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

I'm surprised they didn't have him on when "Craigslist" was released. That was the big video hit for Internet Leaks and he did more promotion for that than any other song on the release.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

GuyWhoIsAnonymous @ September 22, 2009 04:41 pm wrote: I'm surprised they didn't have him on when "Craigslist" was released. That was the big video hit for Internet Leaks and he did more promotion for that than any other song on the release.
Well, Ringtone got an entire episode of SuperNews dedicated to it. However, Craigslist was the only other Internet Link in the episode, so I guess you can say Weird Al had exceptionally high hopes for that song.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

FredHuggins @ September 22, 2009 02:52 am wrote: If he performs anything from Internet Leaks, I'd think it'd be CNR - it's fast, energetic, rockin' as all hell, and relatively short, which is better for TV.

If he performs a classic from Essentials, my fingers are crossed for "Dog Eat Dog."
That would be great, Fred...but again, this is JIMMY FALLON we're talking about here...I've said it before and I'll say it again...he is merley NBC's PUPPET for the tween audience...My money is still on Craigslist or more likely Ringtone since the crowd Jimmy shamelessly panders to MOST LIKELY DOESN'T KNOW WHO CHARLES NELSON REILLY IS!!!! They'd most likely have Al do Virus Alert or one of the two latter leaks I mentioned since the suits at NBC most likely assume the tweeners will want to see references to webistes and technology because that's the newest thing...that's why Ringtone is a more distinct possibility since it may be more relatable to middle-school-aged kids than Craigslist...okay, I kinda lost my train of thought just now, but I think I've made my point...

(but, who knows...it could go either way...)

...and whoever mentioned a possible Al on SNL cameo...yeah, that would be beyond awesome, but won't happen unless Al decides to spend another week or two in New York or travels there at least a week early...their first four hosts and musical guests have been confirmed and their schedule for this seasons live shows is available on saturday-night-live.com (in the forums) and I know they're not doing a live show on Halloween night...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Al certainly wouldn't host or be the musical guest, but your average SNL episode contains three or four random celebrity cameos in addition. THAT'S what we're talking about.

Let's not forget, Jimmy Fallon OPENED for Al back in '03. And thanked Al in the liner notes of his regrettable 2002 album "The Bathroom Wall." Fallon might be a puppet, but he's a recognizable-enough puppet to demand SOME authority over a show with his name on it. I fail to see why it would matter to the NBC executives which song one musical guest performs, out of the dozens of musical guests they have every month.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I think he'll do the medley. Well maybe not THE medley, but a medley of greatest hits. Makes the most sense if he's promoting a greatest hits album. And he has medley experience.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

FredHuggins @ September 22, 2009 08:21 pm wrote: Al certainly wouldn't host or be the musical guest, but your average SNL episode contains three or four random celebrity cameos in addition. THAT'S what we're talking about.

Let's not forget, Jimmy Fallon OPENED for Al back in '03. And thanked Al in the liner notes of his regrettable 2002 album "The Bathroom Wall." Fallon might be a puppet, but he's a recognizable-enough puppet to demand SOME authority over a show with his name on it. I fail to see why it would matter to the NBC executives which song one musical guest performs, out of the dozens of musical guests they have every month.
Yes, Fred...I figured Al wouldn't want to spend six days in New York to rehearse a dozen or so sketches...and I have a sense that Lorne Micheals and NBC like to use the musical guest slot to break up the (intentional) comedy before Weekend Update starts...they'd only be comfortable with Al making a small cameo and if Al were indeed booked as a host, trust me, I would've heard about it by now.

...and if you've seen Jimmy's show more than once, you'd notice he makes conciuous efforts to (*ahem*) "appeal" to the teen demographic (Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and all three Jonas Brothers have been guests...'nuff said...) I'm just saying Jimmy or at least NBC seem comfortable with that age group as their audience and they'd be a little more careful with Al about which song to preform...they'd want the younger crowd to get teh jokes...that's all...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

What's this topic again? Oh, right. It's to discuss Al's upcoming performance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

I think it's really a tough call on what song Al will sing. Fred made the good point about Al not doing "White & Nerdy", and craigslist seems like a very good option, but it's the day after "The Essential "Weird Al" Yankovic" is released, so it's a very good possibility he'll perform something off of that.

Again, a really tough thing to call.