Al in Major League 3?

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Al in Major League 3?

Post by Elvis »

Here's the latest addition on IMDB:

QUOTE Major League: Back to the Minors (1998) (uncredited) .... Buzz fan in last game

... aka Major League III (1998) (USA: short title)

This one's looking mighty suspicious. Anyone see this movie and can confirm or deny it? Or will admit to actually having seen it?

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

I haven't heard anything about Al being on it...and I don't think I've seen it. I know I saw I & II. Hmmmm...

Cid
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Okay, I will bravely admit that I have seen this sequel...but only for research! :lookround:

I really don't recall Al being in the movie. All of the crowd shots were just that, crowd shots. They never focused on any one fan in the stands, IIRC. And you'd think they would at least devote one whole shot to any celebrity cameo, credited or not, right?

I'm going to guess there was someone who looked vaguely like Al in the stands, and well we all know how accurate the IMDb is....

The movie was around like a virus when it first showed up on cable, and then of course it suddenly dropped into that abyss of "domestic television distribution" that franchise movies like "Supergirl" and "Arthur 2: On the Rocks" fall into.

It sometimes pops up on the Turner networks (TBS, TNT, CNN-Portugal, etc.), so I guess we'll have to keep our eyes open for it to make sure.

Unless this is just an oddball plot to get that movie on TV more so Bob Eucker can collect more SAG royalties....
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Okay, I will bravely admit that I have seen this sequel...but only for research!  :lookround:

So if you weren't looking for Al, what were you researching?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE So if you weren't looking for Al, what were you researching?

I wanted to see if a washed up yet down to earth has-been can bring a bottom-of-the-barrel ball club out of the gutter with the help of a motley crew of plucky rookies...with wacky results, of course.

And as luck would have it, ML3:BttM was on TBS tonight (ha...told ya!).

Al was nowhere to be seen...big surprise there.