Al on CONAN [TBS]

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

stardrop
Occasional

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS], July 21, 2016

Post by stardrop »

Just watched the 360 video with my VR headset(HTC Vive) and it was lovely. It felt like I'm floating in the theater and I can look around. I'd say there is a huge difference between watching it in normal screen.
I really wish there would be more VR Al contents(virtuAL reality?) in the future.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS], July 21, 2016

Post by Teh Dingo »

Not only is this episode scheduled to reair Tuesday, but Al's last appearance is scheduled to repeat on 8/15
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: Al on CONAN [TBS]

Post by Elvis »

Looks like Al will be on CONAN tomorrow night (10/23/2017). At first I thought it might be a repeat, but it appears to be a new episode!

http://teamcoco.com/schedule/2017-10-23 ... l-yankovic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Would be sweet if everybody came out and they did something never done before for the upcoming tour. Like Everything You Know Is Wrong.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Nice interview, but man, Al really likes promoting this tour as "unplugged". Bermuda has said that it won't be unplugged in the past, but Al still describes it as coming out on stage, sitting down on stools, and playing some old songs unplugged. I'm sure he is just trying to say downsized or simplified, but is misattributing that word.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

I like how he wore those Squeeze box socks :D
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I think Al is really trying to make it seem like an incredibly barebones, acoustic, no frills tour so that everyone’s expectations are so low. I think he’s afraid to disappoint any fans and so he’s trying to make it sound underwhelming. That way, when they do a song that does have electric instruments, people think they’re getting something extra special.

I really do commend Al for stressing over and over what to expect on this tour. I know it’ll be wonderful. He knows that you spend money on him and so he’s incredibly appreciative.

I loved that, too, Margarita! I think I’ll have him sign my accordion from Squeeze Box. Looks like right next to his head on the white side is a perfect spot. :D

I liked Al’s suit, too. He’s a handsome guy. Definitely doesn’t look his age!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

He did specifically mention stools though. I think we’re getting stools.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

TMBJon wrote:He did specifically mention stools though. I think we’re getting stools.
If we get chairs instead... I’m going to boo and ask for a refund!
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah, he didn't say too much about it, and I think he was just underselling it for people going to expect songs like Fat. He did say his "hardcore" fans have been wanting it for a long time so he knows we surely wouldn't want a fully unplugged show, but I would think there will definitely be more stuff with stools then on Mandatory Fun Tour. Would be dumb if they played acoustically on stools for 2 hours or more, Al could never stay still for that long! ;)
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!