It's all about the pentiums video.

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

The UHF commentary is greater than all though. Especially the part where he pops up and gets donuts, and the "No!! They're coming through the window!!!!" part. Great.

Michael Richards: You were out of town that day, we just got a cardboard standup for that scene.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Actually, I think the lady who did the vocals is on the players page still:

QUOTE Natasha Barr - vocals

Sexy vocals on \"It's All About The Pentiums\" on RUNNING WITH SCISSORS.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE The UHF commentary is greater than all though. Especially the part where he pops up and gets donuts, and the \"No!! They're coming through the window!!!!\" part. Great.

I still wish Al was allowed to do the Stanley Brock interactive part that was shown at ALCON, but oh well....lousy stinkin' MGM cowards (or whoever's fault that was).
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Why oh why didn't HMV.com.au have any WAY Live DVDs? *Cries* Why oh why hasn't UHF been released internationally? *Cries some more*
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

QUOTE I still wish Al was allowed to do the Stanley Brock interactive part that was shown at ALCON, but oh well....lousy stinkin' MGM cowards (or whoever's fault that was).

I missed that AlCon :mad: Could you tell me about it????

QUOTE Actually, I think the lady who did the vocals is on the players page still:

Thank you! I missed it...
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
b-whales
Occasional

Post by b-whales »

The commentary on WAY Live is well worth the price (as is the commentary on UHF) and it only took me a few times to figure out how to get it to play! :P

QUOTE QUOTE I still wish Al was allowed to do the Stanley Brock interactive part that was shown at ALCON, but oh well....lousy stinkin' MGM cowards (or whoever's fault that was).

Me too. I'd like to know!
JKaudio
Occasional

Post by JKaudio »

In addition to the commentary and educational videos... I think my favorite feature is watching the captioning on the Yoda chant! Priceless!

-Jeremy
-Jeremy
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE QUOTE I still wish Al was allowed to do the Stanley Brock interactive part that was shown at ALCON, but oh well....lousy stinkin' MGM cowards (or whoever's fault that was).

It took place during the scene in which Uncle Harvey is in the swimming pool and he's just about to get the phone call from Big Louie.

Anyway, the commentary goes along as normal, and I think Jay says something. Al responds in a sort of mumble, "Sorry, I was just staring at that weird rash on his chest." And there is some kind of red mark on Stanley Brock's chest (I don't know about anyone else, but I unfortunately never had any trouble noticing that).

Anyway, Jay starts talking again. When it goes back to Al, he says, "What is that thing??"

The commentary continues with Jay. Then in true MST3K fashion, Al appears on screen (a la "They're coming in through the window!"). Pointing at Brock's chest, he starts screaming, "THAT! Right THERE! What IS that?? A birthmark?? A third nipple??!!"

It's never quite resolved, so they just go back to the movie.

This little bit ended around the point in the movie in which R.J. calls Harvey.

Not to say that "They're coming in through the window!" or the donut bit aren't funny little "interactive" gags, but they almost pale in comparison to this bit that was taken out.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I think my favorite feature is watching the captioning on the Yoda chant! Priceless!

It is! I usually have the captioning on my TV incase I didn't hear something right.

Though, sometimes I really wonder about captioning. It seems to get a point of a pure jibberish.

-CindyBob
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Though, sometimes I really wonder about captioning. It seems to get a point of a pure jibberish.

Yeah, captioning isn't the most reliable source if you're trying to get the exact dialogue. At the very least it can point you in the right direction if something sounds mumbled.

But I do have to say the "Live!" DVD did a pretty good job keeping the lyrics intact.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;