Al On Speakeasy

Is AL-TV returning or did you find a nice interview? Just tell the folks here.

Moderator: Moderators

DrDecay
Addicted

Re: Al On Speakeasy

Post by DrDecay »

I can't believe that I just saw this interview. It was strange watching Al drink. Ooops. I hope I didn't spoil anything by pointing it out. Well, anyway, great little fun interview.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

we need to get Al on 'Getting Doug with high' now.
taste is only something if it is yours.
WEIRD_AL_IS_GOD
Occasional

Post by WEIRD_AL_IS_GOD »

I couldn't agree more. But the effects of the THC might just normalize his brain. "Normally Weird" Al Yankovic.
LovelySortsOfDeath
Occasional

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

WEIRD_AL_IS_GOD wrote:I couldn't agree more. But the effects of the THC might just normalize his brain. "Normally Weird" Al Yankovic.
Man I would love to get high with Weird Al.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Weird Al Dankovic
taste is only something if it is yours.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I know that no one has commented on this interview since July, but I wasn't sure where else to post this. Remember when Al was telling Paul what it's like to be him, getting really bad parody ideas from fans? I thought it was pretty bad when he talked about someone wanting him to do a parody of "Thriller" about Phyllis Diller. I just saw an older song than that mentioned on twitter today. I swear this is true. Someone suggested that Al do a parody of "Anticipation" by Carly Simon, called either "Precipitation" or "Procrastination". I see parody ideas in Al's feed daily, but this one is for such an old song! It came out in 1971! I was 10!! I watched this interview again recently, and I just wanna add that I liked that Paul asked Al if any of the artists he has parodied ever performed his version of their song in concert. That's a question I had not heard anyone else ask before. This is a fun one to watch again and again. :D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

algonacchick wrote:I know that no one has commented on this interview since July, but I wasn't sure where else to post this. Remember when Al was telling Paul what it's like to be him, getting really bad parody ideas from fans? I thought it was pretty bad when he talked about someone wanting him to do a parody of "Thriller" about Phyllis Diller. I just saw an older song than that mentioned on twitter today. I swear this is true. Someone suggested that Al do a parody of "Anticipation" by Carly Simon, called either "Precipitation" or "Procrastination". I see parody ideas in Al's feed daily, but this one is for such an old song! It came out in 1971! I was 10!! I watched this interview again recently, and I just wanna add that I liked that Paul asked Al if any of the artists he has parodied ever performed his version of their song in concert. That's a question I had not heard anyone else ask before. This is a fun one to watch again and again. :D
There was a 2010 era pre-Alpocalypse piece on Al where someone posted in the comments that Al should've done a "Poker Face" parody called "Cockroach face"
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

That's pretty bad. I see lots of horrible, horrible ideas, much like that one, every day in Al's twitter feed. At least that one is current. I just thought someone wanting him to parody such an old song was ridiculous. I'm waiting for suggestions for him to parody classical pieces. Of course, those don't have words, so...

So awesome!

Al Team #325
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

algonacchick wrote: I'm waiting for suggestions for him to parody classical pieces. Of course, those don't have words, so...
Operas have :lol:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

This is true.

So awesome!

Al Team #325