Nightmare Album VIII

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the worst 8th track?

The Check's in the Mail
No votes
King of Suede
No votes
Girls Just Want to Have Lunch
30%
Toothless People
52%
Alimony
13%
She Drives Like Crazy
No votes
Taco Grande
No votes
Livin' in the Fridge
No votes
I'm So Sick of You
4%
Your Horoscope for Today
No votes
Why Does This Always Happen to Me
No votes
Weasel Stomping Day
No votes

Total votes: 23

JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Nightmare Album VIII

Post by JEDM »

1. Living with a Hernia
2. Gandhi II
3. I Can't Watch This
4. The Weird Al Show Theme
5. I Was Only Kidding
6. George of the Jungle
7. Let Me Be Your Hog
Last edited by JEDM on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Nightmare Album VIII

Post by Bruce the Duck »

"Girls" mainly because it was forced on him and he intentionally didn't really try too hard to make it good.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Not a huge fan of most of the track 7 songs, but "Girls" is the clear choice here.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I would prefer to listen to Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch over Alimony, a song I've never liked.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

While none of the top contenders are favorites, there were times when I enjoyed "Girls" and "Alimony." I've never liked "Toothless People" but decided to listen to it again just to be fair with my vote. Still awful: "Some people don't have teeth / It's gross / and they can't do things people with teeth can / but at least they don't have to take care of them anymore!" And that to the tune of a song no one knows.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Tough call between "Girls" and "Toothless", but decided to go with "Girls" since it arguably should never exist in the first place (one wonders what Al might have parodied in its place on DTBS), and you can just feel the lack of enthusiasm towards the song. "Toothless" isn't much better (who's even heard the original?), but at least it was something Al actually wanted to record.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

avesjohn wrote:Tough call between "Girls" and "Toothless", but decided to go with "Girls" since it arguably should never exist in the first place (one wonders what Al might have parodied in its place on DTBS), and you can just feel the lack of enthusiasm towards the song. "Toothless" isn't much better (who's even heard the original?), but at least it was something Al actually wanted to record.
I finally heard the full length version of "Ruthless People" just a few months ago when someone uploaded it to YouTube.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

avesjohn wrote:one wonders what Al might have parodied in its place on DTBS
Nothing. He's said he wanted to release DTBS as it was, and then his label forced him to do a Lauper parody.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Bruce the Duck wrote:
avesjohn wrote:Tough call between "Girls" and "Toothless", but decided to go with "Girls" since it arguably should never exist in the first place (one wonders what Al might have parodied in its place on DTBS), and you can just feel the lack of enthusiasm towards the song. "Toothless" isn't much better (who's even heard the original?), but at least it was something Al actually wanted to record.
I finally heard the full length version of "Ruthless People" just a few months ago when someone uploaded it to YouTube.
Thanks for the link. Definitely the most obscure song Al's ever parodied.

Interesting case study in Al's choices with "Girls" and "Toothless": one was an ubiquitous (I assume, I wasn't born yet at the time) hit that seemed like an obvious choice for a parody, which Al chose not to do (as is often the case), until it was forced on him. The other was a little-known song by a well-known rocker from a smash hit movie (had the first of those three factors been the other way around, it may have been a more understandable target), which Al nevertheless parodied anyway. Compare and contrast...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

avesjohn wrote:one was an ubiquitous (I assume, I wasn't born yet at the time) hit that seemed like an obvious choice for a parody
Your assumption is correct. That song was kind of like "Party in the USA" or "Gangnam Style" for its time. It was impossible to NOT have heard that song.