Short Song Survivor - Round I

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is your least favorite of the short songs?

Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung
13%
George of the Jungle
56%
Twister
No votes
Let Me Be Your Hog
No votes
Fun Zone
6%
Bite Me
19%
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
No votes
Since You've Been Gone
No votes
The Weird Al Show Theme
No votes
Weasel Stomping Day
6%

Total votes: 16

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Short Song Survivor - Round I

Post by Bruce the Duck »

In the Nightmare Album series of polls, it looks like a lot of the shorter songs are the ones that people are voting for most. Of course the length of a song isn't always tied to its quality. So, I'd like to see how everyone views the shorter songs in relation to each other.

For the purposes of this poll, I am defining a short song as one that is an official studio release (sorry Leisure Suit Serenade and Green Eggs and Ham), and under 2 minutes in length. I am also not including "Spatula City" or "Gandhi II" as they are just movie clips and not actually songs at all. If there are any others that I have included that you feel shouldn't be included, like "Bite Me", feel free to vote it out! :D

Remember, as always, to vote for the track that is your least favorite.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Short Song Survivor - Round I

Post by TMBJon »

This is a pretty interesting survivor thing in that the songs are all so varied. I'm pretty sure I know what my top two are. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. The worst of these by far is George of the Jungle.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Is "Fun Zone" considered a song? Anyway, I don't consider it one, so I'll vote for it first.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

mrmeadows wrote:Is "Fun Zone" considered a song? Anyway, I don't consider it one, so I'll vote for it first.
Well, if a song has to have lyrics to be considered a song, it has "Hey!" That's more than "Bite Me" has. :P
TMBJon wrote:This is a pretty interesting survivor thing in that the songs are all so varied. I'm pretty sure I know what my top two are. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. The worst of these by far is George of the Jungle.
Yes, there are a few that are much better than the others. Most of these tend to be "throw away" tracks - just their presence on the album itself is a bit of a joke. But a handful are just really good, short songs.
CheeseSandwich

Post by CheeseSandwich »

The problem with George of the Jungle is that if you listened to it without knowing it was Weird Al, you'd never guessed it was one of his songs. Plus kinda funny seeing a track on his album that isn't a parody or even a joke song original.