Mandatory Fun Survivor R8

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the worst remaining song?

Handy
38%
Foil
5%
NOW That's What I Call Polka!
2%
First World Problems
55%
Tacky
No votes

Total votes: 42

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Mandatory Fun Survivor R8

Post by TMBJon »

Here we go again!!
:o

Voted Out:
1. Inactive (53% of 30 votes cast)
2. Mission Statement (45% of 40 votes cast)
3. My Own Eyes (39% of 41 votes tie; 52% of 42 votes in runoff)
4. Jackson Park Express (47% of 38 votes cast)
5. Lame Claim To Fame (49% of 43 votes cast)
6. Sports Song (51% of 49 votes cast)
7. Word Crimes (47% of 49 votes cast)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Mandatory Fun Survivor R8

Post by mellow weasel »

I'm guessing it will be First World Problems that leaves us the upcoming week. Because most of the people like it. Or it might be Foil. One of these 2 for sure.
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

The trolls/bots are ruining this thing..
I suppose the voting could be legit..
Is my dude a dweeb?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

God dammit...

Handy.
And Peggy
SmadaNave
Occasional

Post by SmadaNave »

OMG, This poll is all backwards. I swear.
Mission Statement was once cruddy to me and now it's warmed up to be one of the best examples of style parodies ever.
My Own Eyes is, HANDS DOWN, my new FAVORITE Weird Al song ever and THAT went out early.
Most of the rest off the songs suck a little in their own way:
"Handy" feels like a last-minute parody hackjob. While I do like some of the lyrics, I wish the lyrical content and overall concept should've been thought on a little better and the structure could've been a little tighter.
Aside from that, I still think "Foil" is the WEAKEST PARODY on the album, dispite the fact that "Inactive"`s musical accompaniment was butchered. It's a case of strong concept, bad left-field delivery.
"First World Problems" is good as an "every-now-and-then-I'll-listen-to-this" type of song, but other originals kinda deserved this spot in the top 5. (MOE)
I kinda feel that the NOW Polka isn't as strong as Polka Face was, and I know it's kind of... MANDATORY that a polka be included on an album, but a poll? I think it should have gone out in the middle.
"Tacky"`s the only one I feel deserves to be here: first parody released from the album, best conceptual video, best jokes.

I'm going for "Handy" or "Foil" EVERY time until it goes.
I've done things that'd probably make you lose your brain
'Cause I could surely act the same... THAT'S MY DISGUISE!
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

Okay guys, here's the deal: If you don't want obvious trolls ruining this poll any further, then really think about what you're doing with your vote. Ask yourself if you need to cast your vote right now (the poll is open until late Thursday/early Friday). Consider voting for one song now and then changing it later. Think of other things you might be able to do to throw them off.

They are going to come in late and start pushing some song until it has more votes than whatever has the most votes at that time, and then they'll keep voting somehow (creating new accounts?) every time someone tries to beat it. So stop making it so easy for them.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Skippy wrote:Okay guys, here's the deal: If you don't want obvious trolls ruining this poll any further, then really think about what you're doing with your vote. Ask yourself if you need to cast your vote right now (the poll is open until late Thursday/early Friday). Consider voting for one song now and then changing it later. Think of other things you might be able to do to throw them off.

They are going to come in late and start pushing some song until it has more votes than whatever has the most votes at that time, and then they'll keep voting somehow (creating new accounts?) every time someone tries to beat it. So stop making it so easy for them.
Exactly! After last week's success with getting rid of SS I thought people finally got it and I was expecting a surge of voting in the morning, but it was just me :?
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

that's a great idea to create new accounts lol. I bet some of the trolls never even thought of that (or the members who care so much about these polls!)

I must admit it is fun to watch the votes switch around. again it seems that we will have to save Handy by sacrificing a great song, although that only speaks to the greatness of Mandatory Fun as an album.

#keephandyalive
taste is only something if it is yours.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Well, Well, Well wrote:that's a great idea to create new accounts lol. I bet some of the trolls never even thought of that (or the members who care so much about these polls!)

I must admit it is fun to watch the votes switch around. again it seems that we will have to save Handy by sacrificing a great song, although that only speaks to the greatness of Mandatory Fun as an album.

#keephandyalive
Something about you today strikes me as drunk :? . Not sure what, but I can't help thinking that you're drunk. Maybe you remind me of my online acquaintance who only writes when drunk :lol:
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

smurf I don't drink and type since I vomited on my keyboard two years ago while commenting on a 9/11 conspiracy video.
taste is only something if it is yours.