Mandatory Fun Survivor R9 (Final Four)

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is the worst remaining song?

Handy
43%
Foil
48%
NOW That's What I Call Polka!
2%
Tacky
7%

Total votes: 44

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Mandatory Fun Survivor R9 (Final Four)

Post by mellow weasel »

TMBJon wrote:It's not the forum. Have you noticed not one person is standing up for Foil as their choice? 20 votes and not one person is defending it? These are trolls. Some idiot with a lot of free time on their hands who is logging into 20 different accounts.
Attack of the Clones :lol:
Although some of the votes might be from people who applied enemy's tactics to save their votes until they switch them the last day. At least I wish that was the case. Is there no way for moderators to see who's voting and expose the ones with no posts? I think people should have the same post count barrier for voting as they do for "weirdlist". That should prevent using clones for voting.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

i don't think anyone's created fake accounts just to vote. the number of votes has been pretty consistent since round 3, and the tactic of contra voting to save a song likely started there. and then Elvis, an administrator :oo , publicly supported voting for Sports Song just for the hell of it, and then this whole Survivor series became a joke. The only way to avoid this would be to disable re-voting, although I get that at that point it fails to be a "Survivor" poll. And even if we did this all over again without re-voting enabled, it's unlikely that the result would be meaningful.

I do believe that the hatred Handy has been receiving is ridiculous. It's much better than the forum gives it credit for, so that's why I support taking Handy all the way to the title. Even though it appears that the polka will probably win, which is even more ridiculous, the lyrics aren't even written by Al.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Burger
Regular

Post by Burger »

TMBJon wrote:
Burger wrote:Wow at this forum.
It's not the forum. Have you noticed not one person is standing up for Foil as their choice? 20 votes and not one person is defending it? These are trolls. Some idiot with a lot of free time on their hands who is logging into 20 different accounts.
I do notice that nobody is defending it. I'm surprised the admin can't find the duplicate accounts.
Currently serving one year in grammar school for word crimes
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I'll be honest: I'm one of the people who voted for "Foil". I do like "Foil". I think it's well-executed for what it is. I also happen to enjoy the other three songs more (even "Handy", albeit that's mostly because I can sing along with all the words now and it amuses me a lot). I've been voting for "Foil" ever since "Sports Song" finally got taken down; thus far, these songs are the only ones I've voted for.

That being said, I recognize that most people like "Foil" waaaaay more than they like "Handy", and I would not be distraught if "Handy" were to go out before "Foil", because in the eyes of most people, it's clearly the better song, and I totally understand why people feel that way. I just personally enjoy "Handy" more. But clearly something is amiss. If "Sports Song"'s steady hold within the poll for so long wasn't an indicator, the rapid removal of "Word Crimes" sure as heck was (especially when you consider that this song was listed as almost everybody's favorite on the song-ranking thread). And that's a shame.

So, yeah. I voted for "Foil" to go out. And if the other 19 people who've voted for "Foil" so far are reading this (and are also legitimate people), I implore you to speak up too, because otherwise we're just going to continue grimacing at you from varying remote locations.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Moneybags wrote:So, yeah. I voted for "Foil" to go out. And if the other 19 people who've voted for "Foil" so far are reading this (and are also legitimate people), I implore you to speak up too, because otherwise we're just going to continue grimacing at you from varying remote locations.
Good on you! :clap:
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I was going to vote Foil out after Handy was gone, but it's crazy for it to go beforehand...
And Peggy
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I'm switching my vote to "Handy". As I mentioned before, I like "Handy" more than "Foil", but the votes are tied now, and I have to do this for the greater good. (The greater good.)
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Moneybags wrote:I'm switching my vote to "Handy". As I mentioned before, I like "Handy" more than "Foil", but the votes are tied now, and I have to do this for the greater good. (The greater good.)
Now would be a time to close this poll, until THEY haven't noticed. But seriously, how come it's not closed yet :huh: ?
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

Welp, I tried. I'm kind of surprised it's not closed, too, considering that it's always closed by the time I get into work.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Moneybags wrote:Welp, I tried. I'm kind of surprised it's not closed, too, considering that it's always closed by the time I get into work.
Now we'll blame Jon for this FOREVER :annoyed: