Weird Al on Songpop

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Weird Al on Songpop

Post by anthontherun »

Songpop is a free app that allows you to compete against others in identifying five songs from short clips. They have tons of different playlists, spotlighting different genres, decades, and individual artists...one of whom is Weird Al. (You'll need a certain number of coins to buy each playlist, but you earn them by playing the game--of course, you can spend actual money but you don't have to.) If you're a music junkie, the game is a lot of fun, although be prepared to hit yourself in the head when an itchy trigger finger induces a wrong answer.

If anyone wants to challenge me, my username is anthontherun.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Weird Al on Songpop

Post by Big Spoon »

Cool! Will definitely give this a shot. Signed in via FaceBook, so was given a randomly generated username. Looks like it's pop_3229764009. Will probably change it if I can find where to do so within the app.

EDIT: ... And that wasn't that hard. My username is now set as joejaffa.
And Peggy
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Oh wow! I've been playing this playlist and annoying people! XD I didn't think about making a topic and challenging you guys.

Errr... My song pop doesn't wanna load right now >.> I dunno if you can search with my facebook name, but if you can, its "Dan Takatomon" (Not my real last name XD) And my icon is Al with a mustache and glasses!

Edit: Its working again, I'll challenge you two :)
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Cool! Accepted your challenge, Dan! Don't have the Al one unlocked yet, so can't challenge you back... for now.
And Peggy
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

Cool! So one question I have so far: If I want to challenge somebody, but the playlist I want to use isn't there, I shuffle it to get it to appear, right? But eventually I see I'll run out of shuffles. So that means that while playing people on this forum, the game might shift from Al to 90's Pop or Country for one round, correct? Or am I just missing how to get it to go to Al every time?
And Peggy
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Right, unless you have the premium membership, you have to pick one of the three offered playlists or use a power-up to shuffle the deck. I don't think there's any way in the free version to guarantee that the playlist you want will be offered.

Personally, I don't mind being challenged on any playlist. I'm just glad to be playing against fellow WOWAYers. :) Although I suck ass at the country and rap games, so don't give me those. :P
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

Cool. Yeah, I really don't mind playing another category or two either. Plus The Beatles categories ought to be a lot of fun.
And Peggy
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Big Spoon wrote:Cool! Accepted your challenge, Dan! Don't have the Al one unlocked yet, so can't challenge you back... for now.
Awesome!

And I agree with you guys, Its very cool to be playing against others from the board!
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

I love playing the Al category, but sometimes in a haste to be fast because I know all of the songs, I press the wrong answer and get pissed :) I do like using the Weird Al category for those who I can tell don't know him. I do have a couple of people I play who are non WOWAYers who know Al, though.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Abbeybunny
Die-hard Fan

Post by Abbeybunny »

Is this game on the Amazon appstore? :)
Just your ordinary run-of-the-mill fangirl

6/21/15: First Weird Al concert!