Login    Register

W or Y?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

W or Y

W
11%
Y
89%

Total votes : 9
  • Author
W or Y?

Postby Teh Dingo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Whenever I go to a store that has a well stocked music section, I always check to find Al cds even though I don't need any. I always want to know where they keep them: Under W or under Y?

It's just a simple stupid thing I get a kick out of (And hey, if we can have whole topics dedicated to 27 and pre-concert mix cds , why not this?)

So if you got a record or entertainment store, where is Al? W or Y? And if you don't have access to a store, where does Al go in your collection if you have your cds or lps or 8 tracks alphabetically?
in a complicated song does it look like al has no head
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Liked in: 0 post

Re: W or Y?

Postby TMBJon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I usually find Al under Y, which is where he belongs. The most common exception I've found isn't W but rather that Al is taken out of the main Rock section and is instead filed under the Comedy or even Children section. And of course, there is also the problem that once the Rock section hits V, it's usually a total cluster of artists that start with V, W, X, Y, and Z, often out of order, and sometimes even ending before getting to Y.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Postby Heds » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:51 pm

There's no record stores near me, I have to go to the city for an HMV. Otherwise I CAN shop off HMV offline, but then that wouldn't slightly wouldn't be relevant to this topic since we're talking about psychical record stores.

Speaking of HMV: I've never been inside one. Nor have I been in any record shop for a fact. I actually do remember the Blockbuster that was in my town that shut down around 2011/12, and I'm not sure many 12 year olds across the pond remember renting DVDs from Blockbuster! I'd still rather do that than have a Netflix subscription, to be fair ;)
i can call you betty, and betty when you call me you can call me al

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey
Heds
Obsessed

Postby YankoSwag 8888 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:39 am

The place I go to has him under Y
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed