Voted Off the Island

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

al fan300
Regular

Post by al fan300 »

I am very embarassed by Bedrock Anthem and when i listen to any cd featureing it I turn the volume down.Flinstones may be popular with the generation before mine but I am still embarassed.

And I really don`t like men without shirts even though it`s a manly thing.

Plus the others sounded much BETTER because Al`s voice has changed over the years

And they all sounded better than the album but there still good in album format.Because 1.al`s voice is now different.2.They don`t have the same istruments makeing it sound different [ex:guitar duet in beginning of Nirvana]
Moneybags
Regular

Post by Moneybags »

I like "Bedrock Anthem" far too much to ask it to leave "the island". I voted for "Amish Paradise" instead, because while "Bedrock Anthem" is the only song from Alapalooza that's a full-length concert regular, "Amish Paradise" shares Bad Hair Day with a few others (i.e. "Gump", and "The Night Santa Went Crazy"). I'd rather lose a goodie like "Amish Paradise" than let Alapalooza go unrepresented.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Don't even kid about that silver suit being gone with Scotti. She almost had a heart attack. ;)

Oh believe me, "Pentiums" would literally be last on my list of songs for Al to do away with in concert...it's one of my all-time favorites of his!

The silver-suit is cool, too. I guess....

Meadows
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I voted for "Amish Paradise" instead, because while "Bedrock Anthem" is the only song from Alapalooza that's a full-length concert regular, "Amish Paradise" shares Bad Hair Day with a few others (i.e. "Gump", and "The Night Santa Went Crazy").

I think we can pretty much assume that "Gump" is getting bumped to the medley this tour (if it's in the setlist at all) and "Santa" has a good chance of being replaced since it's one of those "early, no-costume" songs mentioned elsewhere.
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

No, please don't get rid of "Santa"! My family and I are going to see Al in July and that's one I'd love to see him perform in person (this will be my first Al concert, I'm excited already!!!! :biggrin: ). And definitely don't get rid of "One More Minute"! And "Pentiums" is one of my faves of his too.

"Bedrock Anthem" or as Larry suggested, "Like A Surgeon" I think could be eliminated to make room for new songs.

Then again I think Weird Al must really like LAS considering how elaborate it is!! And it's important for him to have songs he likes to perform too...

So I'd say Bedrock Anthem then, and that seems to be everyone else's feeling too!
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

You know what? I should get a silver suit like that.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

I am very embarassed by Bedrock Anthem and when i listen to any cd featureing it I turn the volume down.Flinstones may be popular with the generation before mine but I am still embarassed.

:nervous: Shame on you! Being an Al fan you should turn all of his music up! Play it loud and proud! :P
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

:nervous: Shame on you! Being an Al fan you should turn all of his music up! Play it loud and proud! :P

I agree. If you were to lsten to Bedrck Anthem and Give It Away and Under the Bridge, Al and his band NAILED the music. Even though I voted it off the isalnd its still a great song and a great performance.
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

i voted for amish paradise. i would have voted for bedrock anthem if i didnt love seeing al rip his clothes off so much.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Well, Al kinda listened, huh, maybe, if he looks?
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.