Most risque/controversial song?

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

yoda728b

Post by yoda728b »

After columbine, Trigger Happy.
I went to Columbine (just graduated) and while I did not actually go through "THE SHOOTING", I know a lot of people who did. The ones who liked Al still loved the song Trigger Happy. One even tried to put the song on a CD that each student was supposed to make for our new library. The Administration understandably didn't let the CD go in.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Walking Round in Womens Underwear is played in heavy rotation during Xmas in Cleveland. And what's wrong with Lovr? I stiill think the ONLY controversial part is the butt chewing question.

Now a video would be controversial.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Smells Like a Username
Occasional

Post by Smells Like a Username »

There are many other somewhat innapropriate parts, but they don't just jump out and say "HEY! LISTEN TO ME! I'M SOMEWHAT INNAPROPRIATE AND I'M ON A CD!" Although it would be cool if they did.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

There are many other somewhat innapropriate parts, but they don't just jump out and say "HEY! LISTEN TO ME! I'M SOMEWHAT INNAPROPRIATE AND I'M ON A CD!" Although it would be cool if they did.

That's funny. LOL!
Phillipemoz
Occasional

Post by Phillipemoz »

I voted for Trigger Happy as most controversial song. Now most controversial doesn't mean bad; I mentioned elsewhere on this board how Al said it is an anti-gun song. It's pretty obvious that Al is being sarcastic, I hope none of you really believe that Al thinks shooting people is a good idea. Why does this always happen to me is in kind of the same vein as trigger happy. I think it was an indirect way of commenting on september 11. Obviously Al couldn't mention 9/11 in a funny song, but he could sing about an earthquake in Peru that killed thousands of people, because who cares about people dying in Peru? People dying in Peru is HILARIOUS! (By the way, I'm being sarcastic).

The song is about someone who cares more about missing The Simpsons or being late to work than about other people dying. I think the whole 9/11 tragedy put things in perspective for a lot of people, at least temporarily. We realized what was really important, that sometimes we are too self centered and worry about petty things. Your personal problems seem much less when you think of the many people that lost their lives.

So obviously, in WDTAHTM, Al is telling us what we SHOULDN'T be like.

I believe the most controverial Weird Al song is Good Old Days. I would have voted for it if it was a choice but I felt more like voting for Trigger Happy than "other." In it he talks about torturing rats with a hacksaw, setting fire to Mr. Fender's grocery store and then bashing in his head, and shaving off his girlfriends hair, tying her to a chair and leaving her in the desert. It almost sounds like an Eminem song!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I believe the most controverial Weird Al song is Good Old Days. I would have voted for it if it was a choice but I felt more like voting for Trigger Happy than "other." In it he talks about torturing rats with a hacksaw, setting fire to Mr. Fender's grocery store and then bashing in his head, and shaving off his girlfriends hair, tying her to a chair and leaving her in the desert. It almost sounds like an Eminem song!

Ah, what a combination.... the musicianship of James Taylor and the lyrical sensibility of Marshall Mathers.
Lounge Chair
Occasional

Post by Lounge Chair »

Phillipemoz, I feel much the same way you do about the subliminal (or not-so-subliminal) meaning(s) behind Why Does This Always Happen To Me? It's also one of my favorite songs off POODLE HAT. I not only "get" the lyrics (as do you) but the music moves along beautifully and it is truly gorgeous to the ears (is that even possible?!). Ben Folds' piano playing is marvelous ~ that keyboard joy on top of everything else WDTAHTM? brings to the proverbial musicAL table makes me beam when I listen to it.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ack! Another poll....

Moving it now.
danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

Post by danthefanman »

Gotta go with JS, the only song where Al has used the words KKK, slut, gay, crack ho, transvestite, shemale... I think. That's not the normal Al explicit stuff, usually just blood and gore and inuendos.
Dan wuz here
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

y is that contrvertial?
"I wanna (blank) you like an animal. I wanna feel you from the inside?"

Oh, I dunno. I can't imagine why that might have raised an eyebrow or two. :dontgetit:

I think thats pushing it. Thats only two lines. I would hardly call it "controvertial" Besides Al didnt even write those lines.