NEW LOOK FOR WEIRDAL.COM

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

aintafraidofy3k
Occasional

Post by aintafraidofy3k »

I'd say 27, but it doesn't go that high. lol
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

It's pretty awesome, but not the greatest thing in the world.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I gave it a 7 -- nice, but could be a little better. I kinda liked the old one just fine. It appears Jon is still futzing with it even now, so that's by far not my final vote. So I haven't logged in an official vote yet.

BTW, I tried last night, but could NOT access the Ask Al Archive then. I tried again today, and I STILL get a "404 Not Found Error"!!! What's up with that??? :huh:

Doc
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Looks like Bermuda hasn't got all the pages re-linked yet. His night job must be interfering with his day job. We'd better just hope he doesn't get his hi-hat and his laptop mixed up. :nervous:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

BTW, I tried last night, but could NOT access the Ask Al Archive then. I tried again today, and I STILL get a "404 Not Found Error"!!! What's up with that??? :huh:

Doc

I have it bookmarked, so if you need to access it (and who doesn't need to see it 27 times a day??) here it is.
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Gave it an 9, the only problem is that the latest news section is a little hard to follow.

I have to agree with you on that one. I was confused at first glance.

~Allison
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

Doc
I have it bookmarked, so if you need to access it (and who doesn't need to see it 27 times a day??) here it is.

I just had the same problem and figured it out (I should have known it was posted here!).

What happened is that Bermuda must have accidentally put "html" instead of "htm" for the extensions. The FAQ also doesn't work. The correct addresses for the Ask Al Archive and the FAQ are:

http://www.weirdal.com/faq.htm

http://www.weirdal.com/aaarchive.htm

If any of the other parts of the site don't work, I'd suggest taking the l off the "html" at the end of the link if it's there.

I've learned to do this from other sites: often the webmaster puts an extra letter somewhere or does a capital letter instead of a lowercase, etc. So sometimes if you play around with the address, you can find the page.

I'd assume Bermuda's quite busy these days (I was very pleasantly surprised he had time to do the overhaul!), but I'm sure he'll get around to fixing it when he has time.
Phillipemoz
Occasional

Post by Phillipemoz »

The new look rules! Much cooler looking than the old look. Good job, Bermuda!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I gave it a five. Much harder to find info on it now, and the double column layout isn't doing anything for me. There is no "date last updated" stuff that I saw, so you can't tell what has changed since you last visited. And with the additional graphics, it seems to take much longer to load on my paperweigh--er, desktop pc. I really enjoyed the fast load times there.

Maybe it just takes some getting used to...

It also looks like he's updating the page in pieces, and I know he's working on revamping of the gallery page, which hasn't been implemented yet, so maybe once everything's in place, I'll like it better and find it a little more user friendly.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think it is a little slower in download times. As much as I like all the pictures, perhaps we could do without the mouseover changes.

And I've always thought there should be a What's New page.