Login    Register

Interest Generator

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

• Author
Re: Interest Generator

Postby Iamabrawler » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:14 am

We just need to find someone who`ll gladly interpret the winning medley the best he/she can.
I`ve already been making lists of ideas of medleys for those who want a challenge. Of course, there will be some that are easier (mainly the ones that revolve around a polka medley of one band only, or those about a certain era or genre). However, some will be more difficult, will include more requirements, or need some more clues in building the list of songs.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Iamabrawler » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:54 pm

EDIT: If we start the topic, here is how it will work. There will be 30+ categories to pick from (eras, other bands/singers, styles of music, other stuff), and all the contestant pick one, then make their polka medley out of it. Some categories can be picked more than once, except for specific bands/artists that can be picked only once. Then, the round goes and we all judge the polka medleys resulting. We pick the best one and then one member of WoWAy talented with an acordion will sing it.
All categories will have "lives". that means the number of times they can be picked. When it falls to 0, then no one can pick them again. After each round, we remove one life for each category that has been picked, which results in the choice of polka medley subjects getting more and more difficult, as at the end we will have very few choices left. This will result in the contestants having to do polka medleys they maybe didn`t think of at first... At the very end, when all the rounds have been done and we have the 5 or 6 winning polka medleys, we will decide once and for all which one is the best of them all. For this, both the written version and the interpretation will have to be taken into consideration.

I know it sounds complicated, but for now it`s a good concept.

Here are the categories I have for now.
Per era: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 21st century
Per genre: Country, Jazz, Blues, Electronic, Rap, Pop, Folk, Ska, Rock
Per artist: (your pick, but no artist can be picked twice and all the songs in the medley have to have been on the Billboard once)
Related to TV: Cartoon themes, Live-action TV series themes, songs within episodes of cartoon/live-action series, songs in the Simpsons/Family Guy/(any series that has a LOT of music in it), songs covered in Glee
Other: Songs made especially for live-action movie soundtracks (example: Scott Pilgrim VS The World soundtrack - this option can cover one soundtrack only, or many), Songs made for cartoon/CGI movie soundtracks, Songs/pieces from musicals (Lion king?) OR movies based on musicals (Little Shop of Horrors/Sweeney Todd/etc.) OR musicals movies (South Park`s Bigger, Longer and Uncut), happy songs in cartoon/CGI movies, evil characters` themes in cartoon/CGI/musical movies, sonsg based on the Harry Potter universe (wizard rock), Songs based on other popular movie series, Music by the FuMP members, medley made from songs Weird Al has parodied, medley made from Weird Al originals, medley made of one Weird Al song per album, music from videogames or based on videogames (as an example, Crush 40, music on Newgrounds based on the Mario series, singles for videogame series such as Making Fun of Everyday Life, and so on...)
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Postby TMBJon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 am

Can we all agree to hold off on Mandatory Fun Survivor until at least August 15? :king:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Postby TMBJon » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:54 am

Hey anth, any thoughts on how you might expand the stats-based video ranking into other areas? Possibly ranking every song ever? Or at least start with a ranking of the 14 albums?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Postby anthontherun » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:13 pm

I definitely would like to do a poll of every song (released + widely-heard rarities) and album, but I was thinking the next one could be something UHF-related to tie in to the upcoming Blu-Ray. Rank the characters? The shows/movies? Favorite quotes/moments? What do people think?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Previous

Return to Polls & Games