A Vision I Just Had

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Re: A Vision I Just Had

Post by PlayAWarGame »

MandatoryFun wrote:I don't like this.
Me either. :unsure:
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

:oo Holy moly.

You know, this reminds me of Isaac Asminov's short sci-fi stories. It's a speculative glimpse into the future, without being overtly prophetic, but it reads like a cautionary tale.

There is an allusion to "Soylent Green", which was a movie from the 1970s about an overpopulated Earth, where human remains are turned into a dietary supplement. What's eerie is that TODAY there is a new company called Soylent, which is marketing a nutritional beverage that could potentially end the need for solid food.

The polka medley sent shivers down my back. If you closely analyze the lyrics and the song titles, it's evident that the world took a bad turn somewhere along the timeline.

Al's final words really hit me: "Whether you're listening to this underground or in the open, have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!" :nuke:

I'm going to call your bluff and say this was a meticulously crafted piece of writing, and not a dream you had. If it was loosely based on a dream you had, that I would believe. (Of course, maybe you are telling the truth, and I'm secretly panicking.) :foil:
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

I'm glad you recognized it. There's one other thing you might have missed, between the parody and the polka medley:
Al wrote: Let's all listen to our one and only Christmas classic, "The Night Santa Went Crazy."
Trying to forget something, Al? :blink:
It doesn't matter if I do things for a reason, or on a W-H-I-M... Just stand back and enjoy the show, cuz baby, I perform this way!
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

PlayAWarGame wrote:I'm glad you recognized it. There's one other thing you might have missed, between the parody and the polka medley:
Al wrote: Let's all listen to our one and only Christmas classic, "The Night Santa Went Crazy."
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought something of that.
Skippy
Addicted

Post by Skippy »

It would figure that Rebecca Black and Julian Thicke survive whatever apocalyptic fate we suffer in the next 13 years. Oh well, I guess that's the trade off for Al and Nina making it. Hope Suzanne's okay.

And also me.

And I guess you guys too.
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

PlayAWarGame wrote:I'm glad you recognized it. There's one other thing you might have missed, between the parody and the polka medley:

Let's all listen to our one and only Christmas classic, "The Night Santa Went Crazy."

Ah, but what about "Christmas at Ground Zero"? ;)
tomatochives
Die-hard Fan

Post by tomatochives »

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/5 ... 9043899392

PlayAWarGame, looks like your vision will come true after all!
PlayAWarGame
Occasional

Post by PlayAWarGame »

tomatochives wrote:https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/5 ... 9043899392

PlayAWarGame, looks like your vision will come true after all!
:oo