The Album Medley

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

BIGAlfan2711
Regular

The Album Medley

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

I'm making a Weird Al medley with one song from each album, even album 13. only one problem... I HAVE NO ACCORDION OR ACCORDION EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!! so, anyone know where I can find an inexpensive accordion and lessons?
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Re: The Album Medley

Post by Way_Moby »

Oooooon CRAIGSLIST!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, if you're talking POLKA medelies here, than that's been done at least twice already.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

BIGAlfan2711 wrote:I HAVE NO ACCORDION OR ACCORDION EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!
I will say this might be a little difficult to do in a snap, seeing as how it takes time to get good at accordian. Do you know how to program MIDI? That might be able to fix some of the snags you're hitting. :)
BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

if you want me to tell you, it's NOT a POLKA!!!!!! here are the songs:
1.my bologna
2.theme from rocky xiii(the rye or the kaiser)
3.like a surgeon
4.dog eat dog
5.fat
6.money for nothing/beverly hillbillies*
7.smells like nirvana
8.bedrock anthem
9.cavity search
10.pretty fly for a rabbi
11.couch potato
12.white & nerdy
13.cnr

now, i know only 2 of those songs have accordion, but i'm adding accordion on them all(for the ones with accordion, i'll just play along)

this color=edit
Last edited by BIGAlfan2711 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

So can you play accordion now?
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

So, it's not a polka but the medley has accordion throughout, replacing the regular instruments in the original songs? Have you ever heard an Al polka? You know that's pretty much exactly what makes his polka medleys a polka medley, right?

but whatever, I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING THE SONG IN 5-10 YEARS WHEN YOU MASTER THE ACCORDION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

oddaustin wrote:So, it's not a polka but the medley has accordion throughout, replacing the regular instruments in the original songs? Have you ever heard an Al polka? You know that's pretty much exactly what makes his polka medleys a polka medley, right?
Actually, Al's polkas usually do have a little more than accordions. They have a banjo, some horns and other assorted "wacky" noises.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
RoyalJester

Post by RoyalJester »

Assorted wacky noises sounds like a key part of the Spike Jones modus operandi; it's cool to spot musicians' nods to their influences.

I can't play instruments or sing, but one thing I'm tempted to do someday is to use audio software to mash-up the original versions of Al songs. I've done this a few times on non-Al songs and still need practice. Also, I've written a few lyrics-only parodies
His Alness is certainly part of the inspiration for that.