Fan Website

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Morbid Undead
Occasional

Fan Website

Post by Morbid Undead »

I have spent the last few months constructing this website all about Al. I hope people like it. Please let me know what you think!

http://crashcourseinweirdal.com
Last edited by Morbid Undead on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Morbid Undead~

Weird Al fanatic since 22nd June 2011
Creator of http://crashcourseinweirdal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Life is like a bowl of three-legged salamanders, swimming around in an infinite ocean of cherry Kool-Aid."
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Fan Website

Post by Big Spoon »

Wow! That site looks awesome, Morbid.
And Peggy
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I clicked on the link. I liked it. Good job. You show Bermuda yet?
Morbid Undead
Occasional

Post by Morbid Undead »

Thank you :) I haven't shown Bermuda yet, no.
~Morbid Undead~

Creator of http://crashcourseinweirdal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Life is like a bowl of three-legged salamanders, swimming around in an infinite ocean of cherry Kool-Aid."
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Fan Website

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Very nice site! It would be a great place for a new fan to start out.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
HalifaxKat
Regular

Post by HalifaxKat »

It's awesome, Morbid!!! I remember when you first had the idea of doing an Al website, so it's great to finally get to see it finished. Well done!! I have no idea how long I was just on the website because there was so much there that I lost track of time. I liked your personal story of how you became a fan and what has happened to you so far as an Al fan (tattoos, autographs, etc.) Also like how Al keeps looking up on the front page.

I was interested to read that Al started dating Suzanne in 2000. I believe they technically started to date over the phone in mid 1999 close to the airdate of the original Behind The Music special (because Al mentioned this on the updated BTM, I think), but then it occurred to me that I don't know when they first met in person nor when they officially became a couple! I see that Al did a concert in L.A. in Sept. of '99 (maybe roughly 3 months after their first phone date), so could that have possibly been their first face-to-face meeting, or is it known to be later (or earlier) than that? And is it known approximately when they became an exclusive couple, or can it only be speculated upon at best as being anywhere between the first phone date and whenever they announced their engagement? Just curious, that's all! You seem quite knowledgable on all things AL. :)

Again, great job on the website (and please be sure to update the site when YOU eventually meet Al face-to-face!) :Y
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein
Morbid Undead
Occasional

Post by Morbid Undead »

Thank you :D

As for when Al started dating Suzanne, I might have to look into that a bit more. There's so much conflicting and wrong info floating around, it's been really hard to figure out what's the truth and what's not. Thanks for pointing it out to me! :)
~Morbid Undead~

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

If you want to look deep into Al's tweets, I believe I recall Al tweeting about it being the 10th anniversary of their first date back in 2009.
Is my dude a dweeb?
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Likin' the site, Morbid! Very well put together!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Morbid Undead
Occasional

Post by Morbid Undead »

You were right, HalifaxKat! They did start dating in mid 1999. Thank you :) Their first date was also the first time they met (they'd only been talking on the phone before that).
~Morbid Undead~