What's your SN mean?

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Well, because my best bud is a scottidog.

http://runningwscissors27.0catch.com/ceilidh.html

When I was first online, I called myself scottimom, but non-dog people never understand calling yourself your pet's mom (or dad as the case may be,) so I changed it to scottidog.

Ha! Your dog has a great name. :) I can see you also appreciate Celtic culture- I've got a t-shirt with a cartoon Scotti on it that says, "Yo quiero haggis."

~Allison
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE I can see you also appreciate Celtic culture-

And my posts about kilts didn't tip you off? :blush: LOL

I've got a t-shirt with a cartoon Scotti on it that says, \"Yo quiero haggis.\"

~Allison

That's funny.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

QUOTE And the only thing that makes a dingo cooler is if you shoot him into space.

I think I had one of those dingo coolers back in the mid eighties. Had kind of a fruity yet gamey taste to it. And I've certainly never shot one into space.

Dr. Dad

"Thank you for your support."

[Okay, let's see how many of the other old farts like me get THAT reference ..... :lookround: ]
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

My s/n originated about 4 years ago when one of my friends shortened my real name, Graeme, to Grom. On AIM and my old Hotmail address, I used the name "Grom Reaper" because 1) Grom was already taken, and 2) it's a clever little play on the Grim Reaper.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Dr. Dad

\"Thank you for your support.\"

[Okay, let's see how many of the other old farts like me get THAT reference ..... :lookround: ]

Oh great... I got it. That makes me an old fart? To be fair, I wasn't of legal drinking age when Bartles and Jaymes were famous. At least that's the story I'm sticking to.

Odd factoid, one of the gentlemen who played B&J was from the same area I was from. Then he went and got all "big city" on us...

Hey, Dr. Dad. You didn't explain your SN and I just cain't figger it out... :P

I am really enjoying this thread and the picture one. Fun to get to know our fellow Weird Al maniacs.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I wanted to pick a screen name that related to an Al lyric, and I thought of Zelda in Albuquerque, but my hair isn't the color of strained peaches and I never figured out how to use a left-handed nib without getting India ink all the way up to my elbows, and I DO have a generally nit-picky attitude about exactitude in language plus a shelf full of spelling bee trophies from my misspent youth, so...

Orthography Enthusiast.

Hmmm... maybe this should be filed under the "prescience of Al" topic. It won't be THAT long before Al himself will have hair the color of strained peaches, at least occasionally. And so will Suzanne. And then they'll have to go find the shampoo (or the Cheez Wiz-- I know Al doesn't eat it but he never said a word about its uses as a personal-grooming product) after Nina has finished her lunch.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

All this time and I didn't know you were a southpaw... My mom is too.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

The Dr. Dad Saga Begins ... And Ends ...

Post by Dr_Dad »

QUOTE Hey, Dr. Dad.  You didn't explain your SN and I just cain't figger it out...   :P

Well, gee, yeah ... mine's a bit of a strrrrrretch too.

I'm Dr. Dad, because I'm a Doctor [Really! Internal Medicine!] and a Dad [Really! Four kids!] Plus the name is a little sly takeoff on that Robitussin commercial where they say the cough syrup is "the brand trusted by doctors, pharmacists and 'Dr. Mom'".

I did have another screen name a few years back. Since (1) I'm a fan of the Budweiser commercials with the classic tagline "WHAZZZAP!!", (2) an old school Looney Tunes fan, and (3) a doctor -- I tried "Whussupdoc".

But, in chatrooms, I got tired of being called a "whuss" ... :nervous: ...

... And I came up with Dr. Dad soon thereafter.

The pitiful story of Dr. Dad

[Yes, I know I could have tried "Whazzapdoc", but I figured being called a "Whazz" wasn't much better than being called a "Whuss" .... :( ]

[And hey, OE! I'm a southpaw too!!!]
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

:whaasup: Doc?

Dr. Dad is so much better.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, I like Dr. Dad best. Being called a whuss just couldn't be all that much fun for you. Makes me a little more tolerant of being called Algona. :)

Patti