The Big Introduction Topic

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Yankopunk
Addicted

Re: The Big Introduction Topic

Post by Yankopunk »

Annie27 wrote::welcome: to WOWAY, Yankopunk! I also have been a lifelong fan of Al. My dad started me listening to him when I was two. That was a great and interesting introduction. I enjoyed reading it very much! I can tell you're going to fit right in here on WOWAY. I'm Annie, as you can probably see from my username. :welcome: again!
Thank you so very much for that warm welcome, Annie! It's very nice to meet you! :D

I love that your father got you into listening to Al. I love seeing when family introduces someone to a wonderful person or thing. Thank you for the kind words about my introduction, too. Truth be told, I was worried about it: the length, whether it was weird (not in a good way), boring, and whatnot. It's great to hear that I should fit in here, too. Just seeing all the fellow fans at the VIP party / meet and greet, I saw that Al has some very welcoming, fun-loving fans. It'll definitely be nice to be around some friendly souls here. Can't express how much I appreciate that. :)

Once again, thanks so much, and I can't wait to talk with you and the others here again! :accordion:
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Annie27
Addicted

Post by Annie27 »

You're very welcome, Yankopunk! I really think you're going to love it here!
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

Annie27 wrote:You're very welcome, Yankopunk! I really think you're going to love it here!
First, apologies for making yet another post (strangely enough, some of the forum is locked unless you have a certain amount of posts; understandable, but I don't want to wear out the lovely welcome and be seen as a spammer or annoying member, you know?).

Second, I already am loving it here. I'm just going through a lot of the threads and it just makes me feel badly that I didn't take the plunge and join in sooner. I've had very mixed luck in communities online, to say the least. You can meet some really great people, and you can also meet some absolutely horrible people (and scarily enough, they might be the ones that seemed great in the beginning!). So far, I've seen nothing but lovely, fun people. :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

:welcome: Yankopunk! That may have been the greatest first post in WOWAY history. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to fitting in here; this is easily the best online community I've ever been a part of. I've been here for over half my life (yikes) and still love coming here.

I too am a huge comedy guy, and I really love your signature/philosophy on comedy. That is awesome. Do you have any videos you could share with us? (Totally understand if you'd rather keep things private for now though)
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

anthontherun wrote::welcome: Yankopunk! That may have been the greatest first post in WOWAY history. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to fitting in here; this is easily the best online community I've ever been a part of. I've been here for over half my life (yikes) and still love coming here.

I too am a huge comedy guy, and I really love your signature/philosophy on comedy. That is awesome. Do you have any videos you could share with us? (Totally understand if you'd rather keep things private for now though)
You are too kind to say that about my post! Thank you! :D

That's so wonderful to hear that you've been here a while and still enjoy coming here. Thank you for the kind words about my signature, too. It's my life's mission. Unfortunately, I don't have anything I can share. I still have to get around to hunting down my tapes in storage, seeing what's survived, and then finding a way to transfer said tapes to a digital format to preserve them. Hopefully I'll get around to that someday. At one point, they allowed us to just do plain old comedy segments during the news programs to keep the students happy and engaged with the show. There were some fun times. Like UHF, we even made some fake TV show and movie trailers and would air them as "commercial breaks" in between stories. :lol:
DonnieAmbew

Hello everyone

Post by DonnieAmbew »

I'm new at forum and just wanted to say hello, btw do we have any artists here? Can anyone recommend me good article about painting?
http://mypage.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Re: Hello everyone

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Welcome to WOWAY :wordcrimes:
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Capybara »

:welcome: to the forum!
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Hi I'm LaikaComeHome aka Kelly aka Noodle aka some fruitloop that loves the smell of basements, books and perfume. I first became a fan of Al in 2007 hearing his songs in many AMVs (primarily Happy Tree Friends ones). Until this year I've been a fairly casual fan but I've gotten more into Al in 2013-ish thanks to a good friend. When I found out he was coming to my state, I decided to jump at the opportunity and see him live. Hey, it's not everyday a legend comes to town! And since I've been binging his music all year pumping me up for the concert, my fangirlism's grown larger and larger. I found this forum a few months back looking for a new forum to call home and I decided to move in here.

I like sweets, Happy Tree Friends, Gorillaz, drawing, cartoons, reading and screwing around with my friends.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

Welcome to WOWAY