The Big 2007 Grammys Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Isn't that a Jeff Foxworthy quote?
taste is only something if it is yours.
American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

TMBJon @ Feb 18 2007, 01:59 PM wrote: I'm not saying you can't enjoy his comedy, but to tie this back to the original topic, the award for Best Comedy Album should go to the artist who uses smart comedy, not recycled old jokes about farts and whose catch phrase is "Git-R-Done."

(I know you don't have anything else to say but I can't help but respond. :D )

Says who? That's a very subtle way of saying "people should only like and respect what I like and respect." You know, some people think that what Al does is childish and not real comedy, so will we not give him any Grammys? Personally, I think the Grammy should go to whoever the voters want it to go to.

Plus, I don't think Larry's main market is idiots and rednecks. You'd be surprised at how few people you'd find in the south who fit either description.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

American Pie @ Feb 18 2007, 07:47 PM wrote: Says who? That's a very subtle way of saying "people should only like and respect what I like and respect." You know, some people think that what Al does is childish and not real comedy, so will we not give him any Grammys? Personally, I think the Grammy should go to whoever the voters want it to go to.
Well said, AP.

Plus, I don't think Larry's main market is idiots and rednecks. You'd be surprised at how few people you'd find in the south who fit either description.

Well, that's not quite accurate. You'd find quite a large number of idiots in the south, but not any more than you'd find in the north. In fact, the number of idiots in the country in general is quite staggering.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bruce the Duck @ Feb 18 2007, 07:38 PM wrote: You'd find quite a large number of idiots in the south, but not any more than you'd find in the north. In fact, the number of idiots in the country in general is quite staggering.
Hence Larry the Cable Guy's popularity.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Wow, Jon. You just managed to personally insult every member of this board who happens to enjoy Larry's comedy. Including myself. Well done. :rolleyes:
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

TMBJon @ Feb 19 2007, 01:50 AM wrote: Hence Larry the Cable Guy's popularity.
And the fact that Britney shaving her head was the top story on the news. :rolleyes:
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

:lol:
taste is only something if it is yours.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Thanks for the compliment, Bruce.

Sorry, but I don't feel the need to include yellow smileys every time I'm being sarcastic or joking.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

No Grammy, huh? Ah well maybe next time.

Sheesh!
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

Come on, everyone, let's all play nice, huh? This is a forum about Al, not about the merits or lack thereof of other comedy acts...

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'