Bermuda Chat Transcript

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jebediah
Occasional

Ask anyone?

Post by Jebediah »

Aw, jeez, I'm sorry I missed the chat. And I had some questions too. In fact, I'm sure plenty of people had more questions. (light bulb) Hey Bermuda, is there any possible slightest chance that you could possibly reopen Ask Bermuda please please please please please? I realize you have a lot to do, but could you possibly try to squeeze it in, even if it's only open for a week or so? You said that the good questions had run out, but I'm sure we have plenty of questions about the new album. But if you're too busy, I'll understand.... ::sigh::
-- Jebediah, always at my PC double-clicking on my mizouse
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Ask Bermuda would be awesome. Jon closed it up just shortly before I discovered WOWAY.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

maybe it could be opened just long enough to post questions (like 10 minutes or so) then Bermuda could get to them at his leisure....

Sarah
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

If there was a way to make it easier on Bermuda... maybe the peeps who already have admin rights could accept questions, sort them to get rid of or consolidate the repeats so that he doesn't have to slog through a zillion of them.

I would volunteer to help, but I don't have admin rights so I'm volunteering the services of other people.

:biggrin:

It also seems to me that if something like that could be set up it might make Ask Al more do-able. Asking Al or Bermuda to go through thousands of questions, especially repeat ones and already answered 27 million times, is just ridiculous. I can't blame them for not wanting to do it.
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

Ask Bermuda would be awesome. Jon closed it up just shortly before I discovered WOWAY.

I discovered it sometime in June, got an account in like, August or something, but then temporairily moved to Vermont and when I came back I couldn't access my old account anymore (J_Man272) so I came up with the current one I have and here I am today. I was pretty bummed out to realize I had missed out on asking Bermuda any questions. I had intended to when I first found this forum. At least I got to ask him one during yesterday's chat! I hope there will be another! :biggrin:
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

there are tons of fans here who would love to help in that sort of way!

Sarah
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Jon said it closed because of a lack of original questions--but they'd be avoided if they went through a middleman to check if something's been asked before...
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

And remember, NEVER say Bermie.
Why never say Bermie?

Because Bermuda himself SAID SO -- right here!!!
My name is Bermuda, or Jon, and no other versions and variations are acceptable to me.

And if you want to know how and when he got the name "Bermuda", click here.

Glad to be of service!

Dr. Dad

P.S. He doesn't like "Berm" either ..... :bomb:
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

*writes note to self on scrap of paper*

Sarah
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Jon said it closed because of a lack of original questions--but they'd be avoided if they went through a middleman to check if something's been asked before...

I'd be happy to act as a middleman / filter / garbage disposal for said questions. As my answer above to the "Berm" question demonstrates, I can and do find most answers to many previously answered Q's and can generally give direct links to the "proof", as they say. Most answers can be found here in WOWAYF or in "Ask Al" or in AMW-A or in various print or electronic media. If desired, I can shoot the info directly to the questioner or post it in the forum for public consumption -- and forward only the unanswered [or unanswerable?!?! :nervous: ] questions to WhiZZI, Jon, or [*gasp*] even Al himself, if need be.

Hmmmm .... the wheels in that tiny head of mine are cranking ... must ponder how to do this the right way ...

Please let me know if I can help in any way!

Dr. Dad

[excitedly giggling about the possibilities ... as only a forty-something year-old physician can giggle ... :P ]