Al's Pals

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The jury was wrong.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

:rolleyes:

I knew before long there would be a troll on here trying to bring up this crap. Have some damn respect for the man. He did more good for the children of the world than just about ANYBODY in the last 40 years.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Yeah that's true. Remember that kid who had cancer and then slept with Michael Jackson and his cancer was cured?
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

The jury was wrong.

Really, were you there? If so, I'm more concerned about YOUR hobbies...

Anyway, God forbid people's grief at the loss of a beloved icon get in the way of your all-powerful righteous anger, Jon. Hey, you know what else? Farrah Fawcett TOOK ILLEGAL DRUGS! STOP GRIEVING, YOU MORONS, AND LOOK AT THE CRIIIIIIIIIIME!!!

He allegedly raped a few kids dumb enough to sleep with Michael Jackson in the first place, but he also created "Smooth Criminal" and, oh yeah, CO-WROTE TWO OF AL'S - remember Al? - BIGGEST HITS EVER!!!

Just consider this: "Thriller" gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "phenomenon" in 1983. And at the very peak of his powers, when every major corporation in the world was clamoring for his attention and throwing offers every which way, Michael Jackson STILL took the time to approve one wacky curly-haired accordion player's idea for a stupid food parody, and a legend was born. Sounds like a wash to me.

RIP, Mikey. Rape as many angels as you want. You've earned it.
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn...that's alright because I like the way it hurts...
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well said, Fred! :Y
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I didn't say he wasn't a gifted musician, singer, dancer, etc. Just that people are overlooking what he did in his later years simply because he died. Of course, I still have enormous respect for his music.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

:rolleyes:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Ok, but the topic here is that Michael has died, not about what the inappropriate things he may or may not have done. So let's end it.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

I was sorry to hear MJ died. I didnt like his music nor admired him as a person but I can empathise with the state he had got himself into. He was evidently not a well man, and to think had he not been so rich and surrounded by sycophants and hangers on, maybe he could have received timely and appropriate treatments for what ailed him.
Oh well...RIP
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I believe the allegations had merit but I can still recall a time when he was a damn talented kid.

That loss is the loss I am mourning now. I've mourned it before -- when the allegations first came out -- 1993, I believe.
This means something. This is important.