Poodle Hat WINS a Grammy

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Driew_La_27 @ Feb 11 2004, 11:34 PM wrote: I guess I just don't see what the big hype is about it. Yeah he won, woppie, but its not like this will change his whole career. I mean they aren't going to sign him to a multi-million dollar contract just because he won it. Plus they'd say that he won against not much competition. So its a given that after each of his ALbums he'll win a Grammy for it, because no one can beat him. SO right now he'll have about 6 Grammies after his current contract is up. Do you see where I'm going with this??????

Nevermind.
What? He has lost 6 other times. Not to mention it has been YEARS since he's even been nominated. And I happen to think Both Margret Cho and George Lopez are excellent comedians. It may not change his life but Its still a cool honor.

:onfire:

I'd better quit before I say something that will get me kicked off...
%
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

kidcid @ Feb 11 2004, 03:43 PM wrote:
Driew_La_27 @ Feb 11 2004, 11:34 PM wrote: I guess I just don't see what the big hype is about it.  Yeah he won, woppie, but its not like this will change his whole career.  I mean they aren't going to sign him to a multi-million dollar contract just because he won it.  Plus they'd say that he won against not much competition.  So its a given that after each of his ALbums he'll win a Grammy for it, because no one can beat him.  SO right now he'll have about 6 Grammies after his current contract is up.  Do you see where I'm going with this??????

Nevermind.
What? He has lost 6 other times. Not to mention it has been YEARS since he's even been nominated. And I happen to think Both Margret Cho and George Lopez are excellent comedians. It may not change his life but Its still a cool honor.

:onfire:

I'd better quit before I say something that will get me kicked off...
I see what you're saying, but to me, Al already knows he's made it. He shouldn't need an award to do that. When I heard that Al won, I went cool, then moved on to imagining what he might do next. I guess in my opinion these awards seem meaningless. I don't judge a movie OR CD by them saying that its a three time academy award winning movie, or a Grammy winning Cd. I see it and most of the time the movie sucks anyways.

I could care less if it said 27 time award winning movie, book, CD, piece of pizza. I also ignore the meaningless movie reviews and CD reviews. I never agree with what they have to say. NEVER! So I don't waste my time reading those or anything like that. I'd rather go to a movie myself and watch than trust someone else to say for me that it sucks.

Anyways enough with that. Congrats Al on winning the Grammy. :rolleyes:
In hiding since 2010
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

The thing about a Grammy is that it is voted on by his peers. I don't think it gets old to Al to get recognition from his peers. No, it doesn't make or break his career, but it doesn't hurt either.

It's never a given that anyone will win. And it's been years since Al's even been eligible. So if we want to hoot and holler a bit, there's nothing wrong with that.
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

Well, I thought that Al didn't have much competition either, but most of the other comedians were pretty profane, and that's 'cool' around now. But Al just goes to show - good ol' clean humor (with a dash of subtle innuendo) still comes out on top!
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I see what you're saying, but to me, Al already knows he's made it. He shouldn't need an award to do that. When I heard that Al won, I went cool, then moved on to imagining what he might do next. I guess in my opinion these awards seem meaningless. I don't judge a movie OR CD by them saying that its a three time academy award winning movie, or a Grammy winning Cd. I see it and most of the time the movie sucks anyways.

I agree that not all award winning CD's or Movies are good. And maybe awards are kind of pointless. But to me when Al hasnt won one in years he should have at least one win. I dont know if it well help his career but I mean it wont hurt it.

Oh and I'm sorry if all this grammy talk is getting old. :)
Al team # 2836
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I agree with you. It doesn't seem very fair that albums like BHD and RWS didn't even have a chance to be nominated.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I hope its ok to be honest here, but I thought RWS should have won a grammy that is if he was eligible which he wasnt. Not that PH isnt good.
Al team # 2836
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Well, one man's award winning material is another man's stupid boring trash.

I, for instance, can't stand Eminem for beans. iisryan, on the other hand..... would do anything just to be cussed at by the guy!
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I dont think anybody thinks its trash here. I dont think so. Maybe some people dont get as excited about it. Nothing wrong with that. Right? :unsure:
Al team # 2836
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

true. I was really referring to what Driew was saying about how award winning movies aren't all they are cracked up to be. Maybe I should have used a quote.