Survivor 2 Game Play

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

BTW, I don't know why Melissa's so mad! She's the only one (other than Miss Janine, Mr. Carl, aintafraidofy3k, and stargazer) who I DIDN'T lie to. In fact, I never even communicated with her throughout the game.

:lol: >:)
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Bruce the Duck @ Jun 8 2004, 08:01 AM wrote: BTW, I don't know why Melissa's so mad! She's the only one (other than Miss Janine, Mr. Carl, aintafraidofy3k, and stargazer) who I DIDN'T lie to. In fact, I never even communicated with her throughout the game.

:lol: >:)
I'm just playing with you Jeremy, you know I love you! :P
-Melissa

Mrs. Duggar, your vagina is not a clown car. Shut it down.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Congratulations Jeremy!

I'll address your post later. You can PM or e-mail me your address and I'll send the prize right away.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Great job Jeremy! :bigups:
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Thanks! You know, I just realized that I received more cummulative previous votes for elimination than anyone in the game. I think the only one who got more than me was TWO in season 1, and many of those were from lack of participation. Even with being one of the three biggest targets in the game, having hosted the first season, and having broken every alliance I formed, I still managed to win the game! Now, all of you guys who predicted early eliminations for Elvis, Dr. Dad, and I can slowly remove your feet from your mouth. ;) :P

There's just one mystery of this game that I haven't solved yet! During the tribal council in which Melissa was voted out, there was a mysterious vote for Elvis. There were 3 votes for me, 4 for Melissa, some MIA votes, and then the one for Elvis. Dr. Dad and I couldn't quite figure out who cast that vote. Our initial hunches were either lookatthenumbers, CurlyFries, or the42guy. So, whoever voted for Elvis that round, come clean now, PLEEEEASE! I've been dying to know who that was ever since I saw the vote.
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

There was a lot less scheming on my part, but some. Again, nothing personal to anyone I schemed against. It's just a game, and I tried to play it the best I knew how with the limited Survivor knowledge I have. Everyone playing was a good player and everyone I worked with had strong showings in all the challenges. You guys really know your stuff!

From the start I had an alliance with lookatthenumbers and Melissa, but they each didn't know I had an alliance with the other. I intended to keep these alliances up until at least the merge, and then reevaluate each one after the merge. With the alliances and the strong showing in the group challenges, I made it to the merge easily. At the merge, our tribe had enough players left that we could pick and choose who we wanted off when, if we stuck together. We were going to vote out BTD first, Dr. Dad next, and then the rest of the other tribe. But the only problem I saw with that was that after the other tribe was gone, I had the biggest target on my back and I would be next logical choice to go. I couldn't take that chance, so I needed to even out the tribes, which meant I had to vote off at least one of my own at some point. Not only would it even the tribes, but hopefully would shake everyone's confidence and make people scramble and forget about voting me off.
Bruce the Duck wrote: THE MERGE and THE FIFTH TRIBAL COUNCIL

Even before the merge, Dr_Dad and I agreed that we should approach Elvis and get him in on our alliance, but much to our surprise, Elvis approached us first!

Actually I approached Dr. Dad only. To win Dr, Dad over, I told him he was our tribe's target, but I could save him, which would be easy to do, because everyone was voting for BTD anyway, so I didn't have to even do anything to "save him." I never had any intention of making an alliance with BTD. As far as I was concerned, he was the only one smart enough to know how to scheme his way into the winner's circle (which he did!) and if I got involved in an alliance with him, he'd backstab me (which he did!), so it was best just to stay away. I figured BTD and Dr. Dad had an alliance, but what I didn't expect was that Dr. Dad would extend my offer of an alliance to BTD without consulting me.
Bruce the Duck wrote: After the merge, M3m3s3 contacted CF and tried to form an alliance. She told him that the Weasels were planning on getting rid of Elvis and me first.
M3m3s3 wrote: Actually, he [CurlyFries] aproached me from the beginning. I told him we were planning on getting rid of Elvis so he wouldn't catch on to the fact that Elvis and I had an alliance.

I actually caught on that M3m3s3 and CF had an alliance early on. M3m3s3 slipped up during the second or third challenge (I forget which one). We were on AOL IM working together during the challenge and CF posted a correct answer and M3m3s3 cheered. I reminded her that CF wasn't on our team and then let the subject drop so she wouldn't catch on that I knew she just slipped up.
Bruce the Duck wrote: After CF shared this bit of info with me, I shared it with Elvis and he agreed that we needed to get rid of Melissa, since she was trying to betray him.

Since I was now in an alliance I didn't want to be in with BTD, I didn't trust a word he said and he was going to have to earn my trust on this vote. It was really a no loss situation for me. If BTD kept his word and voted for M3m3s3, then we got rid of M3m3s3 and broke up the M3m3s3 and CF alliance, and I shook things up in my tribe like I knew I would eventually have to do. If BTD (and his alliances) voted for anyone else, including myself, then the votes would have been so scattered that my former tribe would have had enough votes to vote off BTD.
Bruce the Duck wrote: Elvis received an unexpected vote. We never did find out who voted for Elvis, but that vote ultimately lead to Elvis' demise in the game.

Yeah, who was that? Anyone care to fess up now that the game is over?
Bruce the Duck wrote: SIXTH TRIBAL COUNCIL (the fun one!!)

Here's where the game got wild!

After we eliminated Melissa, Dr_Dad began getting VERY cocky and overconfident. He kept saying how we were unbeatable and how we would sail to the final three, when we would have a BATTLE ROYAL between him, Elvis, and myself.

I actually would have taken Dr. Dad to the final two because I really wanted that challenge. But there was no way I was letting BTD get to the final three. BTD and Dr. Dad had too strong of an alliance to take that chance, and I needed to break up the alliance and get BTD out of the game.
Bruce the Duck wrote: The one thing I didn't expect during the Tribal Council is that Elvis actually DID turn on us! He and lookatthenumbers voted against me.

I knew this was my best and possibly last chance to get BTD out. I asked lookathenumbers who he wanted to vote for, doggans or BTD, but I worded it in such a way that he had no choice but to agree we should take out BTD now. I expected doggans and y3k and Mr. Carl to vote for BTD again, which is where I went wrong.

I knew BTD was playing me, but I thought I had another round or two of trust out of him. So getting voted out when I did came as a surprise. Of course it all made sense afterwards, but too late then. That's why in my goodbye message, I warned everyone left about BTD. I didn't think it would be fair to flat out say he betrayed me, keep an eye on him, so I left a cloaked message to let everyone know to "check their alliances" hoping someone would catch on and pick up where I left off.
Bruce the Duck wrote: THE FINALE

I could be entirely honest for the first time since we were marooned, or I could continue to lie and deceive people. If I lied, and the jury had been talking about me already (specifically Elvis, Dr. Dad, and doggans), they would easily figure out that I was lying, which would cause me to lose significant ground in earning their votes. But if I answered honestly, they may see me as a scoundrel who was willing to cut throats in order to win. I had confidence that if I told the truth, and revealed all of my lying and manipulating in totally arrogant, Richard Hatch-esque way, they would respect the fact that I indeed played a much better game than anyone else, especially Curly "Coat Tails" Fries!

I was torn who to vote for. So I asked my jury questions because I knew the answers to them already. Had either of the contestants lied, they weren't getting my vote. Both were honest in their answers so I had to turn to see how they answered the other jury's questions for the decision. That's when I realized that CF (unintentionally) made the best move of the game, convincing Jeremy that he was no threat because of his homework load. BTD was in control the whole game, and getting BTD to feel comfortable enough with you and your situation to bring you too the final two was something no one else could do and got huge points from me. Was that enough to vote for CF? Maybe not alone, since it was unintentional, but the arrogance of BTD's answers sealed the deal in the way I voted. If BTD had just been honest without the arrogance, he probably would have gotten my vote.

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Bruce the Duck @ Jun 8 2004, 12:10 PM wrote: There's just one mystery of this game that I haven't solved yet! During the tribal council in which Melissa was voted out, there was a mysterious vote for Elvis. There were 3 votes for me, 4 for Melissa, some MIA votes, and then the one for Elvis. Dr. Dad and I couldn't quite figure out who cast that vote. Our initial hunches were either lookatthenumbers, CurlyFries, or the42guy. So, whoever voted for Elvis that round, come clean now, PLEEEEASE! I've been dying to know who that was ever since I saw the vote.
Me too!!

Dave
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, okay! I'll fess up! I was being entirely arrogant in my answers, and pretty much the whole game, since I had been typing that log since before the merge! >:) I knew I would win and I knew none of you stood a chance! Honestly the only player I was ever really worried about in the game was doggans, because at the point when I approached him, I actually revealed EVERYTHING that I had done thus far in the game and he could have seriously damaged my game if he was vindictive enough. But to his credit, he didn't reveal what I had told him.

So, YES, my answers were extremely arrogant. But it was perfectly justified arrogance, IMO! I alone controlled the ENTIRE GAME, with the exception of Miss Janine's elimination. Hope you're not mad, Dave! :D
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Bruce won???

The fix is on!!! :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
doggans
Die-hard Fan

Post by doggans »

Bruce the Duck @ Jun 8 2004, 01:11 AM wrote: "You will find controlling her will not be difficult!" - Senator Palpatine in Star Wars
What?! Sidioius = Palpatine?! OMG spoilers! :oo

:P

Congratulations, Jeremy! Despite this knife you stuck in my back, the whole game was a lot of fun. :)
"Wow, another triple negative!"