Generic Al Blather 2.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

KnottyEmily @ Aug 10 2006, 05:58 AM wrote: On another note, I want to order a copy of TWAS, but I'll need to get my dad to do it. What methods of payment can you use? Does the Mothership accept paypAL?
I doubt that they accept Paypal, but I know they accept credit cards.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
DrSteggy
Off The Deep End
Awards: Winner, Survivor All Stars

Post by DrSteggy »

They take VISA, Mastercard, Discover and AmEx...no paypal.

Jackie
"Positioning is everything in life." A. de La Hunta
ducttapeearth
Obsessed

Post by ducttapeearth »

TheMagic#27- I would of had fun with that guy! "Okay, first look around your house. Good. You'll find a big yellow book. Now look up "CD store". Go to one on the list. Ask them for UHF the SOundtrack and give them money. Go home and listen."

algonacchick- I did the same thing! Lousy hooligans!

KnottyEmily- Why not buy it in a store? I've found that Cicuit City has the best prices. Fye is even better, but only for the first week and give you rebates wich take a long time to get back.

Hey, did anyone notice BOB is sung backwards?
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

ducttapeearth @ Aug 11 2006, 12:55 AM wrote: Hey, did anyone notice BOB is sung backwards?
:lol:

Man, I wish I woulda thought to mess with that girl's head! That would've been so great.
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

KnottyEmily @ Aug 10 2006, 07:58 PM wrote: I want to order a copy of TWAS, but I'll need to get my dad to do it. What methods of payment can you use? Does the Mothership accept paypAL?
WAAIIIIT!!

forum/index.php?showtopic=5283

It winds up being about $30 cheaper than ordering from weirdal.com, and it's released here about the same time as it'll take for the DVD to get from America to here, so yeaaah...

And I imagine it'll be in any number of stores, so if your Dad is worried bout stuff ordering online, it's win-win.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

Thanks Grom, I'll just wait the two weeks.

And algonacchick, I left a comment in the guestbook too, and I sent him an email. I think I might email Bermuda to check about hosting permissions...
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Zenith
Occasional

Post by Zenith »

Oh my goodness - I just learned from my (much) older brother that he met Al years ago! *polka jig* He works in Burbank and Hollywood around the theaters and recording studios, and I guess he met Al when he came to do some album work or something!

This makes my night. I will need to get the details later. Whooo-hooo! *promptly dies*
-- Zenith
"This means something… this is important."
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

How can you ask for details (and share them with us) if you're dead?
Zenith
Occasional

Post by Zenith »

^ Harrharr, well if Al can still love Melanie after jumping from a sixteen story building, this would be a piece of cake ;)
-- Zenith
Zenith
Occasional

Post by Zenith »

Sorry for the double post, here's what he said...

My brother says that back in 1985, he went to Madonna's "The Virgin Tour". There he saw Al sitting two or three rows up from him. So he walks up to Al later and asks him if he was Weird Al and then if he's going to parody "Like A Virgin" - he says just smiled at him and gave no answer.

At the time, my brother was the manager of AudioEffects, a company that is sort of like a recording studio kind of thing. He says Al came in not long after to do some album work, and as the manager, he had some sort of business discussion with Al.

He says Al was "a nerd - no other way to describe him". Harrharr.
-- Zenith