Survivor 3 Game Play Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #8 RESULTS

[Click here to enjoy some music while you await the results.]

I've now tallied the votes. Once the votes are read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

Again, a reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)

American Pie
AlsGal27
WeirdAlFanatic27
AlsGal27

That's 1 vote for American Pie, 2 votes for AlsGal27, and 1 votes for WeirdAlFanatic27.

Next vote:
AlsGal27

and the fourth Survivor voted out of the MINSTREL Tribe and the third official member of our Survivor 3 Jury is:

AlsGal27

That's 3 votes. That's a majority.
Since the last vote could not affect the outcome, it will remain a mystery.

AlsGal27, you need to bring me your torch and relinquish your Survivor Avatar.

AlsGal27, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread.

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!
And weirdallie27, remember to again remove your immunity avatar and return to your tribe avatar as soon as possible after this TC. Click here to find your tribal avatar quickly.

Remember, Survivors ... every Survivor who is voted off from here on out will end up on the JURY! These folks whom you have voted off and those you will vote off in the very near future are the same ones you may end up asking for their vote for YOU as Sole Survivor!! Your game play strategy should consider that fact.

And Manda, stupidsurgeon27, and now AlsGal27, you and the other future Jurors should still continue to follow the game, even though you are out of it! It will be your important task to determine a winner at the end of this game in the Final Tribal Council, so knowing how the others have played will help you to decide which of the Final Two Survivors deserves the Grand Prize.

Click here to end this Tribal Council appropriately.
[Thanks again, Driew!!]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL COMMENTS:

Wow. Impressive. You faced a tough Challenge and met it head on. This one was by far the most challeging of all. And yet, here you four stand as the FINAL FOUR. You each reached this way by different ways.

American Pie ... Your Al knowledge is very good, and yet you've stayed out of sight and out of fire for a long time. But these next two Challenges are crucial. Can you use your knowledge to grab Immunity and keep yourself in the Final Two??

DrSteggy ... You've shown without question that you can hold your own in the Challenges. Your alliance with weirdallie27 has helped you as well. Will both of those facts be enough to secure you a shot in the Final Two??

WeirdAlFanatic27 ... You've stayed quietly under the radar and done a good job in keeping yourself alive in this game. But as the Challenges progress, can you STAY under that radar long enough to reach the Final Two??

weirdallie27 ... You've blown the competition away so far, winning every Immunity but one so far. Can you continue your winning streak to make the Final Two?? Or could a loss of a Challenge at this point paint a huge target on your back??

We'll know soon enough, Survivors. Our next Challenge -- to whittle you down to three -- is in less than 24 hours.

Grab your torches. You can all head back to camp. Good night.

Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

IT'S TREE MAIL TIME!!

TREE MAIL #9

Now, some Survivors in this game
Say they will never lie.
But for you to make the Final Three
Means NOW you've GOT to try!

The next Immunity Challenge will begin at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) on Monday, August 30th, and it will end shortly thereafter.

NOTE: NOTE: Please note -- the next Immunity Challenge will take place LIVE in the WOWAY Survivor 3 Challenge #6 Game Play Thread [NOT IN THE CHAT ROOM!!], which can be accessed here [I've put up a temporary message there so you can access it quickly]. The rules for the challenge will be posted in this Game Play thread ten minutes prior to the announced start of the Challenge. The challenge will then begin roughly ten minutes later in the chatroom. You are all URGED to be there ON TIME. We will NOT be able to wait indefinitely for all members to arrive!! If you do not think you can arrive at the Challenge on time at 8:00 PM EST, PLEASE P.M. ME QUICKLY, and tell me what time you should be able to arrive. Failure to arrive on time could result in your not being able to participate in the Challenge!

We'll see you there, Survivors!!

Doc Probst
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Ooh! I know what this challenge is going to be! Doc already shared it with me! This one will be a lot of fun!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Welcome, Survivors, to your 9th Immunity Challenge!!!

Immunity is once again back up for grabs! Image

The person that wins this competition will get this avatar, which will gair-un-tee that [everyone in your tribe / that person] will get to stay in the game for 3 more days. You will also be able to use this icon as your avatar for those three days.

If you lose, you will report to TRIBAL COUNCIL [date and time to be announced at the end of the challenge], where you will have to vote out one of your tribe members.

=================================

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE #9 -- "B-AL-DERDASH!!"

PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING!

This game is played much like the board game Balderdash. For those not familiar with the game, rules of the standard game are here. The game is basically won by whoever is the best ... well ... liar.

Basically, for the regular game of Balderdash, the gameplay begins by one player [called the "Dasher"] being given on a card an unusual word rarely heard in normal conversation [say, ""]. That player is also given the correct definition of that word on the same card. The player must read ONLY that word aloud [NOT the real definition] and spell it for the other players. Each player then writes the real answer [if they THINK they know it] or their own FAKE definition to the word [it doesn't MATTER if each player REALLY KNOWS the REAL definition or not ... each person must just make up some definition that seems believable!] These definitions, individually written by each player on a paper from their own scratch pad, are all given to the Dasher, who compiles the "answers" and reads them all to the group in random order [including the real definition]. Each player then must guess which of the definitions is the true one. [And yes, the Dasher knows the correct answer -- but just for THIS round ...]. Scores are based on not only if you correctly guess which is the correct definition, but also how many [or if ANY] of the other players picked YOUR FAKE ANSWER as the correct one. The play then continues with the player to the right of the old "Dasher" becoming the new "Dasher".

:huh:

Confusing, ain't it?

Well, we decided to simplify the rules a little for our game. For our Weird Al flavored Balderdash game, you already have each received a PM via WOWAY. In it, you will find the definitions of three highly obscure persons ... but EACH relates to Al in a very specific and undeniable way. We will have nine rounds of play, three per Survivor.

At the start of each B-Al-derdash round, I will announce one of these persons' names in the Chat Room in a random order. Each of the three of you must then give a definition or idenitity of that person, which will be sent to me via PM in WOWAY. [For instance, "Jim West" has an identity of "Al's guitarist".] If you are certain you know the answer for that person immediately or if you are certain one of the two definitions you were sent via PM is correct for that person, go ahead and send that to me as your definition.

If you are NOT sure what the correct definition is, then you must bluff.

You may consider using one of the two definitions you have as your answer [if that seems appropriate -- sending in a man's identity for a woman's name may not be considered, well, believable]. You may also make up one of your own identities -- but try to make that definition convincing!

After each of you has submitted a definition, I will then post all of your submitted answers in the Chat Room [without naming who sent what answer]. I will then ask each of you to pick which of the four submitted definitions [if any] are correct. If you DO know the actual definition, choose the definition closest to the correct one and announce it in the Chatroom. If you do NOT know what is correct, then choose any one of the four submitted definitions.

If you chose the correct identity, you will receive 2 points.

However, for each person who believed YOUR FAKE answer is correct, then you will collect one point per person's choice.

Also, if you post the correct identity, and NO ONE chooses it, you get 3 points!

After nine rounds, the one with the highest score wins Immunity.

Got it??

So the basic gameplay is -- for each of nine rounds, try to state the real identity of each person named, or at least make up a convincing FAKE one that others will guess at.

SCORING RULES FOR EACH ROUND:
1. One point is given to each player for every vote (or guess) his phony definition receives.
2. Two points are awarded to each player who chooses the true B-Al-derdash meaning.
3. Two points are awarded to any player who submits a definition which is similar or very close to the correct meaning.
4. Three points are given to the person with the correct definition only if none of the players choose that true B-Al-derdash meaning.

Please note -- we will have Tribal Council Chat immediately after the Challenge!! So don't go anywhere!!!

Survivors ready ... and ... GO!! [to the ChatRoom]

Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

ATTENTION, SURVIVORS!! The immunity challenge is now officially OVER!!

weirdallie27 AND DrSteggy BOTH win immunity! Congratulations!!

They have also elected to keep Immunity rather than give it up for two TC votes or give it to someone else.

weirdallie27 and DrSteggy, please take the Immunity Avatar as your avatar!
You may cut and paste this link into your avatar settings window:
http://irev.net/dr_dad/ImmIciSm.jpg

Tribal Council Chat was held, but the entire discussion was lost when I forgot to save it before closing the Chat window. So we have no record of it or the Challenge itself. [[[[EDIT: But then again -- WE DO!! Scroll below the TC announcement!!]]]]

Tribal Council Announcement to follow.

Doc Probst
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

=====================================================

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
===================

[Click here to get in the proper spirit of the game.]

Welcome to TRIBAL COUNCIL.

This is where you will answer for your actions and your contributions to the tribe. Please take a torch and light it in the fire.

At Tribal Council, fire represents life on the island. As long as your torch is lit, you will remain in the game. When the fire goes out, you go home. Well ... okay ... maybe you ARE home already ... but you're out of the game anyways.

This is how we'll vote:

Each of you will send me a Private Message through WOWAY with the name of the person you want to vote out of the tribe. Please use their actual SCREENNAME [NOT their real name or any Survivor nickname you may have for them], so that it will be easier for me to tally the votes. You can include a reason if you'd like, but it is not necessary, and no comments in your note to me will be mentioned to anyone else during this Tribal Council. PLEASE NOTE: If any Tribe Members fail to vote by the end of Tribal Council, their vote will count as an automatic vote against them. Once all the votes have been cast, or once the time deadline for Tribal Council has passed, I will tally and then read the votes.

NOTE: For this round, Tribal Council will officially end on Wednesday, September 1, 2004 at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time!

Don't forget to check the Survivor Challenge Schedule on the first page of the original Game Play Thread to find out the day and time of our next Challenge. Watch for TREE MAIL. It will be posted here in the Game Play Thread sometime between the conclusion of Tribal Council and the next Challenge.

TRIBE MEMBERS ELIGIBLE TO BE VOTED OUT THIS ROUND:

ImageAmerican Pie
ImageWeirdAlFanatic27

Remember that since DrSteggy and weirdallie27 BOTH won Immunity this last challenge and is keeping Immunity for herself, they cannot be voted for this round. Any vote FOR either of them will be counted as a vote against YOURSELF!!! So please vote carefully!!

It is time for you to vote.

And if there are any more questions specifically about Tribal Council, please ask in this topic.

====================================================================
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Er....how about Wednesday, September 1st? Hehehe. ;)

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Good news, Survivors!! :whoot:

Driew was in the Chat Room with us during the Challenge and during the TC Chat! He hadn't signed out last night form the Chat Room when I discovered I'd closed my Chat Room window! So thanks to Driew, we have our log of BOTH!! I will post both of these here shortly, each slightly edited for space.

Thanks again, Driew!!!

Doc Probst
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Here is the transcript of the Survivor 3 Challenge #9 ["B-Al-Derdash"] game play in the Chat Room on August 30, 2004 at about 8:30 PM EST. Playing the game were American_Pie, DrSteggy, and weirdallie27 [Allie27`]. Current Survivor PrincessBob [Weird AlFanatic27] was not able to attend. TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles [The Mecca, a former Survivor himself] was also in attendance as an observer and frequent kibitzer ... :P ]

<DocProbst> Welcome to your ninth Immunity Challenge, Survivors! I know you've all read the directions and had questions answered. So here is your first person:

<DocProbst> DAVID SILVERMAN

<DocProbst> msg me your answer on who this is ... or give me your best B-Al-Derdash answer

<Allie27`> uh ok

<TheMecca> This is tough.

<DocProbst> Waiting on your answer, Allison. msg me as soon as you can.

<Allie27`> ok

<DocProbst> You may also use one of the three answers from your PM box

<DocProbst> Keep in mind ... the answer MAY be none of the above ...

<DocProbst> but you must pick ONE

<Allie27`> ok....

<DrSteggy> sure

<DocProbst> Alright Survivors here are your choices for DAVID SILVERMAN:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: The set designer responsible for all the weird and wacky stuff seen on "Dare to be Stupid" video

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: Worked as a director on Al's "Headline News" video

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: Had a role on Eek the Cat, which Al was a guest on

<DocProbst> Now, announce here in the Chat Room which of the three you think the correct answer is ... if ANY

<DrSteggy> do we take turns picking?

<DrSteggy> ok, I am gonna go with choice 3

<DocProbst> Just each of you post 1, 2, or 3

<Allie27`> 3

<American_Pie> 1

<DocProbst> Hmmm ...

<DocProbst> Techincally, none of them is right.

<TheMecca> Hehehe

<Allie27`> lol

<DocProbst> Now one of the producers of the Simpsons, he designed the animated characters on the video for "Money For Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies"

<TheMecca> Yeah.

<TheMecca> What he said.

<DocProbst> Mentioned on the UHF commentary track

* Allie27` slaps TheMecca around a bit with a large trout

<DrSteggy> guess I'll have to watch the commentary track again

* TheMecca slaps Allie27` around a bit with a large trout

<DocProbst> Well, let's see

<DrSteggy> "none of the above" is never an option, right?

<Allie27`> hehe

<TheMecca> Heh

<DocProbst> Allison gets 2 points because two people guessed her answer, and Jackie gets one for her answer being chosen once

<DocProbst> So, the standings are: Allison 2, Jackie 1, AP 0

<DocProbst> Ready for the next one?

<DrSteggy> yep

<Allie27`> yea

<American_Pie> yuppers

<DocProbst> Number 2:

<DocProbst> BRIAN HALEY

<DocProbst> Msg me your answers

* TheMecca makes popcorn

<TheMecca> I know this one!

<TheMecca> I KNOW IT!

<Allie27`> well, you're not playing.

<TheMecca> I know

<TheMecca> but I still actually KNOW this one

<DocProbst> AP, waiting on you ...

<TheMecca> Oooh! Popcorn is done

<DocProbst> Hoo boy ...

<DocProbst> Here we go. Your three choices then are:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: The real name of the actor who plays the Hooded Avenger on The Weird Al Show

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: played the Hooded Avenger on an episode of "The Weird AL Show"

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: Was in The Weird Al Show With Al

<DocProbst> Well, you all got that one right!

<TheMecca> Yeah

<TheMecca> It's obvious

<Allie27`> so what happens?

<DrSteggy> we still pick a def

<DrSteggy> cause we still get points

<DrSteggy> 2

<American_Pie> 1

<DocProbst> So each of you gets 2 points

<Allie27`> 1

<DocProbst> No, TWO

<DocProbst> 2. Two points are awarded to each player who chooses the true B-Al-derdash meaning.

<DocProbst> 3. Two points are awarded to any player who submits a definition which is similar or very close to the correct meaning.

<DocProbst> See?

<DrSteggy> OH

<DrSteggy> I like this game

<Allie27`> huh?

<Allie27`> LOL

<DocProbst> This rewards you for knowing the answer

<Allie27`> ah

<DocProbst> But if you DON'T know the answer, you try to make up one everyone will guess at!

<DocProbst> See???

<Allie27`> ooooooh

<DocProbst> So, after Round 2, the standings are: Allison 4, Jackie 3, AP 2 !

<DrSteggy> woo hoo

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 3??

<DrSteggy> yeah!

<Allie27`> yea

<American_Pie> yup

<DocProbst> Number 3:

<DocProbst> WENDY CLARENDON

<TheMecca> ugh

<DocProbst> See, this would have been better with four players ....

<DocProbst> .... but it still works ....

<DocProbst> Allison and AP, waiting on you ...

<DocProbst> Okay, Survivors, this should be an interesting round. Your choices for WENDY CLARENDON are:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: Worked behind the scenes on the Jurassic Park video making various clay figures.

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: The actress who in the movie UHF played the part of Elaine, the front desk secretary at the dental office where Teri worked as a hygienist; her part was totally cut from the final movie print

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: Real Name of synthesizer whiz Wendy Carlos, who Al worked with on Peter And The Wolf

<DocProbst> Cast your vote

<DrSteggy> 2

<Allie27`> 2

<American_Pie> 2

<DocProbst> Well, you all are correct!

<DocProbst> Again, two points apiece!

<DrSteggy> woo hoo

<TheMecca> Whoot.

<DocProbst> She was mentioned in the Deleted Scenes and in the UHF commentary

<TheMecca> I gotta watch UHF more often

<TheMecca>

<DocProbst> So, after Round 3, the standings are: Allison 6, Jackie 5, AP 4 !

<DrSteggy> a freakin horse race

<Allie27`> lol

<TheMecca> But AP's a boy..

<American_Pie> lol

<Allie27`> so?

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 4??

<Allie27`> yea

<DrSteggy> yeah!

<American_Pie> Sure

<TheMecca> sure.

<DocProbst> Your mystery person for Round Number 4:

<DocProbst> FRANCIS JOHNSON

<DocProbst> Msg me your answers.

<DocProbst> Waiting on answers, Survivors. Remember, if you really get stuck, consider using one of the three answers I PMd you ...

<DocProbst> ... one MAY be right!

<DocProbst> Okay, your choices for FRANCIS JOHNSON are:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: The actor who played the boy who was caned in the "Headline News" video

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: Legendary creator/compiler of the Darwin, MN BBOTIM

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: The makeup man responsible for Al's transformation in the "Fat" video and for Al's appearance as "Cabbage Man" on Amazing Stories

<Allie27`> 2

<DrSteggy> 2

<American_Pie> 1

* TheMecca listens to the Vocals only mix of Hardware Store

<TheMecca> Ooooh

<TheMecca> I see

<TheMecca> I see now

<TheMecca> The cat's out of the bag now

<TheMecca> Another case solved, my dear Watson!

<DocProbst> The correct answer is #2 !!

<TheMecca> WOO HOO

<TheMecca> I knew it.

* DrSteggy cheers

<DocProbst> Allison and Jackie gets 2 points each for being correct, and Jackie gets one MORE for her answer being chosen once.

<DocProbst> So, after Round 3, the standings are: Allison 8, Jackie 8, AP 4 !

<Allie27`> mine was chosen once too.

<Allie27`> or is that not how it works?

<DrSteggy> that only works if it's a wrong answer

<Allie27`> aaaaaah

<Allie27`> ok

<DocProbst> You only get the point if your FAKE answer was chosen!

<Allie27`> gotcha

<DocProbst> Good going all!

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 5??

<TheMecca> sure.

<DrSteggy> YEAH!

<DrSteggy> dude this is fun

<American_Pie> yeah

<Allie27`> hehe

<Allie27`> k

<DocProbst> Your mystery person for Round Number 5:

<TheMecca> Ironic, I'm listing to AWBP, track 5 of PH

<DocProbst> WAYNE WHITE

<TheMecca> Okay

<TheMecca> I got it

<TheMecca> Didn't take me that long.

<DocProbst> Msg me those answers

<DocProbst> Or use one you have

<Allie27`> pipe down, kevin.

<TheMecca> fine

<DocProbst> Just need one more Survivor's answer ....

<Allie27`>

<DocProbst> Is it starting to make sense now??

<Allie27`> yea

<Allie27`> hehe

<DocProbst> Is it starting to get FUN now?

<TheMecca> Kind

<TheMecca> *kinda

<American_Pie> No things I suck at are not fun lol

<DocProbst> Okay, Survivors, here are your choices for WAYNE WHITE:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: The set designer responsible for all the weird and wacky stuff seen on The Weird Al Show

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: A set designer on the Weird Al Show

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: Designer of most of the props used on the "Weird Al Show"

<DrSteggy> this is fun, I'm ready to go buy the game and force people to play it

<DocProbst> So, guess what?? You're all CORRECT!

<DocProbst> Two points each!

<Allie27`> weee

<TheMecca> THEY'RE THE SAME ANSWERS

<TheMecca>

<DrSteggy> woo hoo

<TheMecca> I figured it out on my own.

<DocProbst> So, after Round 5, the standings are: Allison 10, Jackie 10, AP 6 !

<TheMecca> THIS IS SEXIST!

<TheMecca> The girls are winning

<DrSteggy> how is it sexist?

<DrSteggy> that isn't sexist

<Allie27`> that's because girls rock.

<DrSteggy> that's right

<Allie27`> biotch.

<DocProbst> LOL ... we only had like 3 men in this whole Season!!

<TheMecca> Heh

<Allie27`> hehe

<TheMecca> And most of them are DEAD!

<DocProbst> LOL

<Allie27`> wasn't it only 2?

<Allie27`> LOL

<DrSteggy> cause girls are smarter and better

<DrSteggy> that's not sexist, its just the way it is

<DocProbst> Let's see ... we had Mecca, AP, WeirdAbbott ....

<DocProbst> Hmmm ....

<DocProbst> I need to check the list ... that may be IT!

<Allie27`> oh yea...

<TheMecca> ...

<Allie27`> forgot about abbott. LOL

<DocProbst> And now AP is the Sole Testosterone Survivor ....

<DocProbst> Shall we move on before this gets outta hand?

<TheMecca> Okay

<American_Pie> Yes

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 6??

<Allie27`> yes

<DrSteggy> its not outta hand already?

<TheMecca> But if this gets out of hand...

<American_Pie> Yes

<DrSteggy> yeah 6!

<DrSteggy> how many are there, 9?

<DrSteggy> or 8?

<DocProbst> [nine]

<DocProbst> Your mystery person for Round Number 6:

<DocProbst> JOHN LISK

<DocProbst> Waiting on one more Survivor

<DocProbst> Okay, your choices for JOHN LISK are:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: Al's long time tour manager

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: The real name of "Skip", Al's stage manager for many of his concerts

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: The makeup man responsible for Al's transformation in the "Fat" video and for Al's appearance as "Cabbage Man" on Amazing Stories

<DrSteggy> 2

<Allie27`> 1

<DocProbst> Make your choices

<American_Pie> 2

<DocProbst> It is Choice #2 ... but 1 is also correct!

<Allie27`> ed is the stage manager.

<DocProbst> SO all three of you are correct!! Two points each!

<Allie27`> skip is the tour manager.

<DocProbst> Oh darn ...

<DrSteggy> you muffed the wording there Doc

<Allie27`> like mongo used to be the stage manager.

<DocProbst> You are right, Allison

<DocProbst> Right, I did muff the wording

<DocProbst> I got the words mixed

<DocProbst> Sorry

<DocProbst> Still two points for all

<DrSteggy> yeah!

<DrSteggy> points for all!

<Allie27`> hehehe

<Allie27`> weee

<DocProbst> So, after Round 6, the standings are: Allison 12, Jackie 12, AP 8 !

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 7??

<Allie27`> yep

<American_Pie> sure

<DrSteggy> lets go lets go

<DocProbst> Your mystery person for Round Number 7:

<DocProbst> KEVIN YAGHER

<DocProbst> One more Survivor to answer ....

<DocProbst> Okay, Survivors, your choices for KEVIN YAGHER are:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: the makeup artist responsible for some of the effects seen in Al's videos

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: The voice of Larry the Lobster and Plankton of SpongeBob Squarepants, he was the one responsible for drawing the infamous "Al skeleton" CD cover for the cheesy compilation The Food Album

<DocProbst> Umm ... you can post your choices

<DrSteggy> 3

<American_Pie> 3

<Allie27`> 3

<DocProbst> Okay

<DocProbst> All three of you are correct AGAIN!

<DocProbst> Two more points each!

<DrSteggy> fanfare

<DocProbst> So, after Round 7, the standings are: Allison 14, Jackie 14, AP 10 !

<DrSteggy> 2 more to go

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 8??

<TheMecca> sure.

<DrSteggy> yeah!

<American_Pie> yaddy

<DocProbst> Your mystery person for Round Number 8:

<DocProbst> DOUG LAWRENCE

<DocProbst> Two more Survivors need to answer.

<DocProbst> One more ...

<DocProbst> Okay, Survivors, here are your three choices for DOUG LAWRENCE:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: The actor who played the boy who was caned on the Headline News video

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: The voice of Larry the Lobster and Plankton of SpongeBob Squarepants, he was the one responsible for drawing the infamous "Al skeleton" CD cover for the cheesy compilation The Food Album

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: Drew the cover for "Weird Al" Yankovic's "The Food Album."

<American_Pie> 2

<Allie27`> 2

<DrSteggy> 2

<DocProbst> Well, again, all three Survivors are correct!

<TheMecca> Yeah it is 2.

<DrSteggy> woo hoo!

<DocProbst> So, after Round 8, the standings are: Allison 16, Jackie 16, AP 12 !

<TheMecca> oooh

<DocProbst> Ready for Number 9??

<American_Pie> surdy

<Allie27`> yup

<DrSteggy> YEAH

<DocProbst> Now, Number Nine is a little different ... an addition I made since we lost Natasha ...

<TheMecca> Ooooh!

<Allie27`> k

<DocProbst> It is NOT a person ... but a TITLE

<DrSteggy> so no one has this one?

<DrSteggy> woo hoo

<DocProbst> Some one does

<DocProbst> Your mystery title for Round Number Nine:

<DocProbst> RABID PUPPY

<DocProbst> Okay, Survivors, your choices for RABID PUPPY:

<DocProbst> CHOICE #1: The working title of a screenplay of a made for Showtime movie Al was working on

<DocProbst> CHOICE #2: The title of an early song composition by Al and his college roommate Joel

<DocProbst> CHOICE #3: The working title of a screenplay about a fictitious rock band which Al wrote prior to BHD but was never made

<American_Pie> 3

<Allie27`> 3

<DrSteggy> 3

<DocProbst> Gee ...

<DocProbst> Guess what?

<DocProbst> yeah, all three of you are correct .... AGAIN ...

<TheMecca> ugh

<DrSteggy> now what?

<DrSteggy> sudden death?

<Allie27`> we eat candy

<DrSteggy> oh even better

<DocProbst> So, after Round 9, the standings are: Allison 18, Jackie 18, AP 14 !

<DocProbst> And yes ... I have a tie breaker

<DocProbst> Hopefully

<Allie27`> lol

<DrSteggy> yeah this could be a long game

<TheMecca> Hey, like you said...

<TheMecca> I won't repeat it

<DocProbst> I have one more person I will use ...

<DocProbst> ... but this time you will have SIX choices instead of three ....

<DrSteggy> ooooo

<Allie27`> you're giving us 6 answers?

<DocProbst> ... I will add two fakes and the real answer ...

<Allie27`> ok

<DocProbst> to the three answers you three give me

<Allie27`> ah

<DrSteggy> ok let's roll

<DocProbst> If you guess it correctly, I will give you FIVE points

<DocProbst> Okay, Survivors ready?

<DrSteggy> ready

<Allie27`> ja

<DocProbst> For Immunity, here is your [hopefully] LAST mystery person:

<DocProbst> RUDY LAROSA

<DocProbst> ......

<DocProbst> Oh for crying out loud .....

<DrSteggy> what?

<Allie27`> lol

<DrSteggy> oh I think I know

<Allie27`> we're all right?

<TheMecca> LOL!

<DocProbst> Yeah .....

<TheMecca> LOL!

<DocProbst> The real name of the janitor in the SLN and YDLMA videos

<TheMecca> Heh

<DocProbst> What's the point in making the fake ones?? ...

<DrSteggy> hahahaha

<Allie27`> yea....

<DocProbst> When they both answered correctly in the PMs??

<DrSteggy> no they were easily googled

<DocProbst> Sheesh ... Jeremy and I both thought that was one NO one would get ....

<Allie27`> lol

<TheMecca> LOL

<DocProbst> Alright ....

<DocProbst> I think I have one other one I can use ... give me a second

<DocProbst> okay I think I got one

<DrSteggy> bring it on

<DocProbst> Same thing applies ... each of you send an answer, and I'll add three others

<DocProbst> Okay?

<Allie27`> k

<DrSteggy> k

<DocProbst> AP, you send one in too .... even though you can't win Immunity ...

<DocProbst> Okay?

<American_Pie> k

<DocProbst> For Immunity, here is your [hopefully] LAST mystery person:

<DocProbst> ALLIE RAYE

<DocProbst> Need answers

<Allie27`> *yawn*

<DocProbst> .....

<DocProbst> Arrrgghh ...

<DrSteggy> let me guess

<Allie27`> haha

<TheMecca> Muahahaa

<Allie27`> i didn't have to google that if it makes you feel better....

<DocProbst> Jackie was close, but I'd have to accept it

<DocProbst> She said, "Actress from the 'You Might Be A Redneck' video that Al directed"

<DocProbst> but Allison's was closer:

<DocProbst> "The actress who played the fat lady tourist in Al's 'Amish Paradise' video; she also was featured in Jeff Foxworthy's video, 'Redneck Stomp', which Al directed."

<Allie27`> it's redneck stomp

<DrSteggy> I got that from her website

<DrSteggy> Allie Raye's

<Allie27`> lol- she must be stupid then.

<DrSteggy> well I think she did her own site too

<Allie27`> lol

<DrSteggy> and lets just say graphic design isn't her strong suit

<DocProbst> A POX ON YOU, INTERNET!!!

<DocProbst> Well, should I try another? Or is this getting pointless?

<DrSteggy> we could arm wrestle for it

<Allie27`> um.

<TheMecca> Eh

<Allie27`> can immunity be shared?

<DocProbst> I MIGHT have another

<DrSteggy> yeah that's what I was going to ask

<TheMecca> Hm...

<DrSteggy> are setting precident here?

<DrSteggy> are we rather

<DocProbst> Well .... it's never been done ...

<Allie27`> well...we kinda know how voting will go this round anyway....

<DrSteggy> true

<DocProbst> Um ....

<DocProbst> I suppose

<DocProbst> You want to try one more? Or faggedaboddit?

<Allie27`> LOL- you know what's gonna happen.

<DrSteggy> I'm up for fergedaboutit

<DocProbst> I suppose .... LOL

<DrSteggy> we both get immunity and we move to TC!

<DrSteggy> we tried to break the tie twice

<DocProbst> Lemme try one more .....

<DocProbst> Okay?

<TheMecca> 'kay

<Allie27`> k

<DrSteggy> sure

<DocProbst> For Immunity, here is your [hopefully] LAST mystery person [and we MEAN it this time!!]:

<DocProbst> ROBERT EBERSOLE

<DocProbst> *sigh* ... Here goes nothing ....

<DocProbst> *cringes*

<DocProbst> ........................

<DrSteggy> so can we just share immunity now?

<DocProbst> .... okay okay ... I surrender ....

<Allie27`> lol

<DocProbst> Both of you take Immunity ....

<Allie27`> good old Blues Bob.

<DocProbst> Sheesh ....

<DocProbst> Also known as "Blues Bob," he played harmonica on tour with Al during the Al-Can tour during "Generic Blues."

<DocProbst> Okay ladies ... I bow to your superior Googling skills ...

<Allie27`> i knew that one...

<Allie27`> hehe

<DocProbst> For the first time ever, we have shared Immunity ...

<Allie27`> good old midnight star.

<DocProbst> Yes indeed, Allison

<DocProbst> I tried to use the MS for most of these figuring they may not have stuff on the net about it

<DrSteggy> you would be surprised

<DocProbst> but I was obviously WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<DocProbst> LOL

<Allie27`> hehehe

<DrSteggy> Everything you know is wrong...?

<DocProbst> Shall we segue right into Tribal Council Chat?

<DrSteggy> please

<DocProbst> Such as it is

<Allie27`> sure

<DocProbst> Okay then congratulations, weirdallie27 and DrSteggy on the first combined Immunity win!

<DocProbst> And now, we begin TC Chat

* DrSteggy cheers

<Allie27`> weee
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Here is the transcript of the Survivor 3 Challenge #9 ["B-Al-Derdash"] Tribal Council Chat which immediately followed the game play in the Chat Room on August 30, 2004 at about 10:30 PM EST. Participating were American_Pie, DrSteggy, and weirdallie27 [Allie27`]. Current Survivor PrincessBob [Weird AlFanatic27] was not able to attend. TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles [The Mecca, a former Survivor himself] was also in attendance as an observer and frequent kibitzer ... :P ]

<DocProbst> Welcome, Survivors, to your latest Tribal Council chat!

<TheMecca> woo hoo.

<Fintron> woo

<DocProbst> So you all did well on B-Al-Derdash ...

<TheMecca> even me!

<DocProbst> ... maybe TOO well ...

<DrSteggy> tha was much fun

<DocProbst> So you did enjoy it?

<DrSteggy> yes!

<DocProbst> Good!

<Allie27`> yup

<TheMecca> I enjoyed it

<DocProbst> Did the mystery persons seem too easy or too hard? Did you know a lot of them off the bat, or only after you saw the choices?

<Allie27`> i knew a few right away.

<Allie27`> some of them were like, "huh?"

<DrSteggy> I knew a couple, and others I made good guesses on based on what the three answers were

<DocProbst> Well, of course, that was the idea

<DocProbst> I mean, the real game of Balderdash wouldn't be much of a game if the words it asked you the definitions of things like "cow" or "chicken" or "potato" ...

<Allie27`> lol

<TheMecca> hehe

<DocProbst> You gotta ask words like "zymurgy" ... and "singultus"

<DocProbst> So our version HAD to have obscure folks

<DocProbst> But curse the power of Google ... < _ <

<Allie27`> and the MS....

<DrSteggy> obscure always depends on who you ask

<DocProbst> True

<American_Pie> I'm back

<DocProbst> We're in Tribal Council Chat, AP

<American_Pie> I see

<DocProbst> Let me ask you: Did the mystery persons seem too easy or too hard? Did you know a lot of them off the bat, or only after you saw the choices?

<American_Pie> Uhh I didn't know any really

<DocProbst> LOL ... Sorry, man ...

<DocProbst> What about the format of the game? Did it make sense?

<DrSteggy> once we started playing it did

<DrSteggy> I've never played Balderdash before

<American_Pie> Yes

<Allie27`> yea, it didn't at first.

<DocProbst> Do you think that the Survivor's choice of correct answers should have been in msg as well?

<DrSteggy> nah

<Allie27`> i dunno

<Allie27`> maybe

<DocProbst> Did you feel that once someone picked an answer, EVERYONE picked it?

<DrSteggy> that's part of the strategy in the actually game isn't it?

<Allie27`> yes

<American_Pie> Yeah

<DrSteggy> or do you select defs in secret?

<DocProbst> Everyone sends me their own definitions and I post them as is with minor modifications to make each answer resemble the others

<DrSteggy> no--in the actual game of Balderdash, do player choose the definitions in secret? Or do they just shout em out?

<DocProbst> the deifinitions are written in secret

<Allie27`> oh

<Allie27`> no...

<Allie27`> lol

<DrSteggy> are they chosen in secret

<Allie27`> yea. LOL

<DrSteggy> like, if I think defintion 2 is the right one do I tell the Dasher alone or the whole room

<DocProbst> One person has the correct answer and knows it; he's called the "Dasher".

<DocProbst> I'm trying to remember ...

<DrSteggy> Do i get points for stumping you on the rules??

<Allie27`> haha

<DocProbst> I linked to a Balderdash site in the instructions for the game

<DocProbst> Lemme see ....

<DocProbst> http://www.centralconnector.com/GAMES/balderdash.html

<DocProbst> There we go

<American_Pie> Uhh, guys I have to go soon.

<DocProbst> Okay

<TheMecca> okay

<DocProbst> It's late in the game. Any last minute alliances or agreements? Or is it pretty much everyone for themselves at this point?

<Allie27`> basically.

<American_Pie> All by yourself

<DocProbst> Now, you realize ... whoever wins the next Challenge picks who will sit next to them in the Final Tribal Council.

<DrSteggy> alls fair in love, war, and survivor

<TheMecca> heh

<DrSteggy> huh?

<Allie27`> understood.

<DrSteggy> never mind I get it

<DocProbst> Talking to each of you as individuals, if you were the one to win this next Challenge, do you have an idea of which of the other two you'd take to the Final Two with you? Or is it still up in the air? [No need to name names.]

<American_Pie> I know

<TheMecca> heh

<DrSteggy> I know

<Allie27`> yea

<DocProbst> So it's pretty much already decided then.

<American_Pie> pretty much

<DocProbst> After this next Challenge, two of you will face Manda, stupidsurgeon27, AlsGal27, and the losers of this Challenge and the next. Does that concern any of you?

<American_Pie> Not really.

<Allie27`> eh

<DrSteggy> nah

<DrSteggy> we've been fairly controversy free

<DocProbst> I mean, if you are in the Final Two, do you see your chances of being chosen the Sole Survivor at risk from any of those that you helped to vote out?

<American_Pie> Not at all

<DrSteggy> nah

<Allie27`> not really

<DocProbst> Zzzzzzzzzzzz ..... I mean, thank you, Survivors!

<DrSteggy> hehehehe

<TheMecca> heh

<Allie27`> hehehe

<DrSteggy> can we go vote now???

<DocProbst> ["Controversy free", indeed ....]

<Allie27`> will the challenge be thursday?

<DocProbst> Yes

<DocProbst> One last thing before we vote ---

<DocProbst> -- and yes, it's a stupid question, but I have to ask --

<DocProbst> Are either of you two ladies giving your Immunity to anyone else?

<DocProbst> [duh]

<Allie27`> nah.

<DrSteggy> nope!

<DocProbst> Okay, just making it official.

<American_Pie> thanks gals i feel so loved lol j/k

<Allie27`> lol

<DocProbst> Thanks Survivors for another successful Challenge!

* DrSteggy cheers

<TheMecca> whoot

<DocProbst> I will make the Tribal Council Announcement momentarily!

<DrSteggy> ok!

<DocProbst> Then send me your votes!

<DrSteggy> night gang!

<Allie27`> aight

<DocProbst> We will end TC on Wednesday at 8:00 PM EST, and start the LAST IMMUNITY CHALLENGE on Thursday!

<DocProbst> Thank you Survivors!! See you all Thursday!

<DocProbst> *** END OF TC CHAT***