Survivor 3 Game Play Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Dr_Dad @ Aug 31 2004, 05:57 AM wrote: Good news, Survivors!! :whoot:

Driew was in the Chat Room with us during the Challenge and during the TC Chat! He hadn't signed out last night form the Chat Room when I discovered I'd closed my Chat Room window! So thanks to Driew, we have our log of BOTH!! I will post both of these here shortly, each slightly edited for space.

Thanks again, Driew!!!

Doc Probst
:D No problem, Jim. Glad I could be an assistance. :F
In hiding since 2010
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim, that challenge was hilarious! Here's a hint for next time: When designing tie-breakers those tie breakers need to be designed in such a way that another tie would not be possible. For example, for this particular challenge, you might have simply posted a person and three possible definitions, and the FIRST person to respond to you with the correct answer would win immunity. But anyway, like the gals said, it probably didn't matter which of them won! I for one CANNOT wait to see these two go up against the likes of Driew, anth, dingo, and Elvis in the All Stars! :onfire:
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Bruce the Duck @ Sep 1 2004, 04:55 PM wrote: I for one CANNOT wait to see these two go up against the likes of Driew, anth, dingo, and Elvis in the All Stars! :onfire:
Neither can I. |)
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Well, they're going to be the final two this time. At least, I hope so (no offense, AP!).
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I get to use this probably for the last time:

:P

Doc Probst
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Doc, you never gave us the answers for challenge #8.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #9 RESULTS

[Click here to enjoy some music while you await the results.]

I've now tallied the votes. Once the votes are read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

Again, a reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)

WeirdAlFanatic27
WeirdAlFanatic27

That's 2 votes for WeirdAlFanatic27.

Next vote:
WeirdAlFanatic27

and the fifth Survivor voted out of the MINSTREL Tribe and the fourth official member of our Survivor 3 Jury is:

WeirdAlFanatic27

That's 3 votes. That's a majority.
Since the last vote could not affect the outcome, it will remain a mystery.

WeirdAlFanatic27, you need to bring me your torch and relinquish your Survivor Avatar.

WeirdAlFanatic27, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread.

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!
And weirdallie27 and DrSteggy, remember to again remove your immunity avatar and return to your tribe avatar as soon as possible after this TC. Click here to find your tribal avatar quickly.

Remember, Survivors ... every Survivor who is voted off from here on out will end up on the JURY! These folks whom you have voted off and those you will vote off in the very near future are the same ones you may end up asking for their vote for YOU as Sole Survivor!! Your game play strategy should consider that fact.

And Manda, stupidsurgeon27, AlsGal27, and now WeirdAlFanatic27, you four and the one other future Juror should still continue to follow the game, even though you are out of it! It will be your important task to determine a winner at the end of this game in the Final Tribal Council, so knowing how the others have played will help you to decide which of the Final Two Survivors deserves the Grand Prize!

Click here to end this Tribal Council appropriately.
[Thanks again, Driew!!]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL COMMENTS:

Your LONG journey is nearly at an end, Survivors. Our last Immunity Challenge will be over in 24 hours. Then your work is done. All the work hereafter will be done by our Jury.

And there's room left in that Jury for just one more of you. Rest up. If you're not in top condition for the Challenge tomorrow, that last slot WILL be yours.

Grab your torches. You can all head back to camp. Good night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

IT'S TREE MAIL TIME!!

TREE MAIL #10

This final IC is the most crucial of all.
The winner alone picks the one who will fall.
The Challenge will be over as quick as can be
If you know your Weird Al and you know your TV.
There's no more Tree Mail, my rhyming is through.
[And I know that you're all just saying "Boo Hoo!!"] <_< :P

======================================

The final Immunity Challenge between the three remaining Survivors begins promptly at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on Thursday, September 2, 2004. It will take place entirely in the Chat Room. It will -- repeat, WILL -- be completed fairly promptly.

This is quite frankly the most important Immunity Challenge in the entire game! Since players cannot vote for themselves, the two people who lose this challenge will NOT VOTE in Tribal Council. The winner of the IC will be the only person voting. That Survivor will choose the person to vote out of the tribe and thus the person who will be the last member of our Jury. But more importantly, that means this person will wind up choosing who goes with him or her to the Final Two! It is the last act of power that the tribe members will have. After that, ALL of the power in the game is controlled by the Jury of five former Survivors.

The Tribal Council will last less than ONE HALF HOUR! It will begin shortly after the Challenge is over. However, the winner of the IC will not get a whole day to vote, as usual! Instead, that person will need to submit a final vote to me shortly after the challenge! Before that player votes, however, I will give each of the other two players the opportunity to state why they think they should be chosen to go with the winner into the Final Two [hence, the half hour]. So, after the challenge is over, please don't leave the Chat Room! After the two players have made their cases, I will ask the winner to PM me ASAP via WOWAY their choice for whom to VOTE OFF -- NOT whom that person wants to be in the Final Two. Once the vote has been received in my PM box, the result will as soon as possible be read in the Chat Room and soon thereafter posted in the Game Play thread. And then our Final Two will be set!

I will post some instructions on our Final Tribal Council shortly as well. All Jury members and current Survivors must review this information CAREFULLY!! Thanks!

Doc Probst
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

And now a word about the Final Challenge #11 -- the "Final Tribal Council". Once the vote above is known and the final Jury member has been chosen, I will PM all five of our Jury Members with the names of the Final Two. We will have a Final Tribal Council Chat soon, where each Jury member may ask any questions they like of our Final Two Survivors. This is being done to help get the information each of you Jury members may need to make a decision of which of our Final Two Survivors better deserves the title of "Sole Survivor" of Survivor 3. In my PM to each Juror, I will ask them to each think of a question they would like to ask our Survivors. If they are unable to attend the Final Tribal COuncil at the announced date and time, then they may submit a question to me in writing in WOWAY PM, and I will ask the question on their behalf at the Chat. As usual, the full transcript of the Tribal Council Chat will be saved online here for your use and review after the event.

Jurors!! I expect a response to the PM I will send to each of you about Final Tribal Council. Again, you NEED NOT be present to ask a question of our Final Two, but you NEED to ask at least one question. I will post all information for you to make your decision in the latest Game Play Thread. If you do not respond at all however by the date listed in your PM, I will assume you no longer wish to participate in the Jury or in the game. Your name will then be removed from the list of Jurors, and you will be replaced by the person voted out just before the Jury was being formed [in our case, TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles]. If two Jurors are lost, the last TWO Survivors voted off before the Jury formation will replace those two [and so on], until we have five Jury members commmitted to voting.

As Monday is Labor Day, some of our members may be out of town on Monday, or just arriving home that night. [In fact, my own family and I are going out of town that weekend, and we SHOULD be back by 8:00 PM that night.] If our Final Two and our five Jury members are in agreement, we will still hold the Final Tribal Council Chat live at 8:00PM EST on Monday, September 6th. Please submit any objections to this date ASAP in the Chit Chat thread; if there is enough of a hue and cry, we'll move it. [But I warn you now, that hue better be LOUD .... <_< ... cuz we GOTTA get this game finished!!]

Again, a reminder, all Jury members who can attend that night should come and bring their questions with them. Any Jurors who cannot attend that date should submit their questions to me via PM as soon as they can after this Thursday night's Tribal Council is over. I will post the transcript of the Final TC Chat soon afterwards on Monday night for all Jury members to review, and the Jury will have till 8:00 PM Wednesday September 8th to submit their votes. If I do not see a vote from a Juror by Wednesday morning, I will incessantly PM and e-mail you until you do!! [Remember, I *HAVE* all your e-mail addresses for just such an emergency!!] Seriously, our Final Two will be anxiously awaiting the outcome, so your promptness in sending your vote before Wednesday evening would be greatly appreciated.

The final votes will be read shortly after 8:00 PM Wednesday. The winner of the title of Sole Survivor will be awarded, as will the Grand Prize which -- as they say on the Newlywed Game -- "will be a special prize chosen just for them"!! [Read, one I will make every effort to be sure it is something they WON'T already have!] I'll make some final comments, give thanks to several people, yada yada yada ... and that'll be it. Survivor 3 will be at an end ... *whew* :F ...

We're winding down, folks! It won't be long now!!!

Doc Probst
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

This is a placeholder post. The post following this one will be posted at 8:00 PM EST on Thursday September 2nd, and will be the one starting this game.

Doc Probst