Award Winning Drooling over Al 24/7

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:

I started this topic to get the "drooling over Al" conversation out from under "Forum Problems." Drooling over Al is not a problem. It's our part in an artistic collaboration. Songs like "Germs," "Like A Surgeon," "Pentiums" and "One More Minute" are really a sort of duet, in call-and-response form. There's Al, writhing and slithering and prancing around the stage, and then there's us, the ladies of the audience. Our part consists of sighing, slavering, screaming, and, if we want to do a really thorough job of it, fainting. We're just doing our best to help him send up that whole sex symbol thing, and we don't (usually) forget that he's doing it all for comedic purposes.

Al is attractive, of course, and I'm actually more comfortable with a good-looking guy doing that kind of spoof; I don't really like put-down humor even when the comic is putting himself down. Too much self-deprecation makes me squirm, and not in a good way.

I wonder sometimes whether Al was a little startled when he first realized that, having set out to spoof sexy music acts, he had become one of them himself. He's certainly never shown any sign, so far as I can see, of considering himself God's gift to women. Far from it; he's gleefully lampooned that attitude ever since his career began.

Original topic can be found here.
Follow me on twitter @ twitter.com/bartdrummer
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

WHiZZi @ Sep 28 2004, 02:32 PM wrote: Orthography Enthusiast wrote:

Our part consists of sighing, slavering, screaming, and, if we want to do a really thorough job of it, fainting.
I don't think I ever screamed louder than when he went out in to the audience at the last concert I attended. :D

It's just a ton of fun.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
LadyKatia
Addicted

Post by LadyKatia »

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about someone you admire and find attractive even if this someone is never destined to be yours - as long as you know where to draw the line! I agree with my fellow Karen's "parallel universe" statement. As in love as I am with my boyfriend, and as much as I know Al is in love with Suzanne, I would never EVER do anything to cross those boundaries, but I don't deny that it's fun to imagine meeting Al while we were both unattached and the posabilities that could result. Heck we're close enough in age and (although I'm not a Vegan), I'd like to think that we have enough in common to at least be friends if nothing more.
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint: It's in my diaper and it's NOT a toaster.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

But we're already friends. Close Personal Friends.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

That's the whole point, Scotti! *feels very ashamed to appear in the Drool topic* :wub:

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".
LadyKatia
Addicted

Post by LadyKatia »

scottidog @ Sep 28 2004, 11:08 PM wrote: But we're already friends.  Close Personal Friends.
:D So true, so true!

Don't worry, Seva - it's good to have some male insight now and then!
(although I'm sure you don't mind being in the midst of all us Al Gals)
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint: It's in my diaper and it's NOT a toaster.
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

I myself have just the most respect in the world for Al. He's the nicest man I have ever met and no matter what, his shows promise to be nothing short of spectacular.

Once I started trying to teach myself how the play the accordion-- I had even MORE respect for Al. The instrument can be an amazing challenge and he is a master of it.

His mastery of words and of humor also amazes me to no end.

I can "drool" over Al in the fan-sense of going to the concerts and screaming my lungs out, but as an Al-gal, what I want most in the world is a chance to shake his hand and congratulate him on his accomplishments, whether it be a superb concert, or the success of his latest album.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
dj's mom
Addicted

Post by dj's mom »

Ya got to admit, he is an attractive man. The first time I saw him in that light was in the Pentiums video (all hail the silver suit :P ) And his performance of Germs has a kind of, ya know, attraction---that you would have for like--- uh... the lead singer for Aerosmith.... there I said it! I need help :S
JulieJ
Deep down, I'm really very shallow.

Accessing my inner blond since 2007.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Al's a hunk. :P
In hiding since 2010
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Ah, the topic has now officially begun :lol:

Carry on
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?