The Alprentice Game Play Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Even if you’ve seen the show, please read through all the instructions because some rules are different. And if you’ve never seen the show, definitely read the rules! Also: this is not Weird Al Survivor. The rules are very different.

TEAMS
The two teams of nine people will be randomly chosen in order to make the game as fair as possible. In later stages of the game, if one team has at least two members more than another, a corporate reshuffle will even out the teams. This won’t happen until at least four people have been fired, so you can be down to five members and only then will the reshuffle take place.

TASKS
You will be given tasks to complete, all of which are related to WOWAY or Weird Al. If you work together, these tasks should be very easy to complete. Done alone, they will be much tougher. Unlike Survivor, if your team has more members than the other team, it doesn’t matter. Everyone participates in every challenge.

PROJECT MANAGERS
For each task, the teams will decide on one member to be Project Manager. Once you are Project Manager, you cannot be the PM for the next three tasks after it (this rule will change towards the end, obviously). The Project Manager of the losing team will decide on two of their team members to take into the boardroom. These three people are the only ones eligible to be fired. The Project Manager will be held partly responsible for a team’s win or loss, so make sure you do your best! The Project Manager of the winning team is in a good position: if their team loses the next task, they will be exempt from being fired.

Project Managers will be selected before you know what the task is, so luck is involved as to whether you get an easy task or a hard task.

BOARDROOMS
The losing team will have to go into the WOWAY chatroom for the boardroom meeting. Once the Project Manager decides on which two members to go into the boardroom with them, have a reasonable amount of time (a time limit will be posted in the Game Play thread) to post arguments against their firing or for the firing of another member in the Game Play thread. This is so that members who are unable to attend a boardroom are able to defend themselves. Once that time limit is reached, we'll go to the chatroom for the boardroom meeting. In this meeting, those who show up will be asked questions about the tasks and the game by me and my associates that may help me make a decision for who should be fired.

ASSOCIATES
I have two associates that will help me make informed decisions as to who to fire. In the first task, since we want to have unbiased first impressions, my associates will not be watching you on this task. However, beginning with the second task, the two associates will be almost like an extra team member. You will PM them with information about how the task is coming along, who is working, what parts of the task are complete, etc. These two associates will help me determine who should be fired at each boardroom, as mentioned above.

ALLIANCES
While in the end, it is 100% my decision as to who goes home (unlike Survivor), alliances are still a central part of The Apprentice. If you have an alliance with the Project Manager, you probably have less of a chance of being taken into the boardroom. Of course, picking based on emotions is a sure way to get fired, so make sure you align with the right people.

WINNING
Once there are only four players left, they will be interviewed by another associate of mine about the moderator position. That associate will let me know their thoughts on the answers each player gave. Along with my two regular associates, they will help me decide on two people that will be fired. There will be a rock-paper-scissors game through PM, and the winner decides if they want to have first pick on the teams or first pick on the task. Whichever they don’t choose is given to the other player. The final two contestants will each choose three of the six players who were most recently fired. They will each be given a different task with their team of the fired players. After the tasks are completed, I will have a special boardroom with the fired contestants who will share their thoughts on how the task went down. Then, I will have a boardroom with the two possible apprentices. Finally, I will make my decision as to who will be the Apprentice.

The Apprentice will become a (temporary) moderator for WOWAY.

This game will be played with either 16 or 18 contestants. Sign up ASAP to make sure you get a spot!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

NOTE: This thread is for actual gameplay. To simply chat about the game, use this topic.

Coming Monday, March 21, only on WOWAY!

beavis1313
iisryan27
PManplus65 - 4th place
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles - 4th place
gtrmu - 5th place
samuraisumo - 6th place
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh - 8th place
PsychoWardJester27 - 8th place
American Pie - 9th place
Kevbo1987 - 10th place
Kayy911 - 11th place
WeirdAbbot - 12th place
spacedingo - 13th place
Akrovak - 14th place
Government Pig - 15th place
DrDecay - 16th place
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

iisryan, you can choose to wait for more players to confirm, or you can pick one of the nine eligible members in the above post as your first team member (you cannot pick Driew since he's the other team captain...not that you'd want to :P ).
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Oh, we can start picking already? Ok! In that case, I'll take Bruce my Home-Duckizzle.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Good choice!

TEAM 1 (coming up with a team name is part of your first task!)
iisryan27
Bruce the Duck

TEAM 2
Driew_La_27

Driew, you can pick someone now! After that, it's BTD's pick!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

anthontherun @ Mar 10 2005, 09:19 PM wrote: Driew, you can pick someone now! After that, it's BTD's pick!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

gtrmu
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

You're in GP! We still need more players.

iisryan27
Bruce the Duck

TEAM 2
Driew_La_27
gtrmu

BTD, you pick now!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I'll take TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Yes...would you play? Huh, will you? Please? :D

iisryan27
Bruce the Duck
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles

TEAM 2
Driew_La_27
gtrmu

gtrmu, your pick!