The Alprentice Game Play Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

iisryan, beavis, you both have come very far in this game. We began with 16 candidates, and you two are the last two standing. That’s something that, win or lose, you should be very proud of.

Both of you were great team leaders who not only motivated your teams well, but also on more than one occasion, almost single-handedly led your teams to victories. I think the entire WOWAY community would be happy to have either of you as a moderator. But unfortunately, only one of you can be chosen. And that’s where my decision comes in.

As I’ve said many times before, you’re both very strong candidates. I don’t really know that one of you is stronger than the other. beavis, you’re a newer member to WOWAY, but you’ve already adapted very well to the forum and are most definitely a respected member. iisryan, you joined back in early 2004, and during your early weeks at the forum, you managed to annoy a lot of members by making 200 posts a day, 199 of which were about rap. :P However, you soon came back from all of that, and have become one of WOWAY’s most trusted regulars.

Both of you have turned in tremendous work on the tasks throughout the game, and I never thought that I would be faced with such a tough decision in the final two.

In fact, I’m so impressed with the both of you that I’ve decided that no matter how the survey results go, the runner-up is guaranteed a spot in the Alprentice All Stars season should they accept it (and if there is an All Stars season). This may not seem like much of a prize, but you’ll be going into that season with a huge advantage based on your performance in this season. I hope that the runner-up chooses to accept it; I’d love to see them there.

So now it’s time to get down to it. I’ve decided to choose the candidate who I feel has dominated the entire game with their work on the tasks. The other candidate is fantastic, but I feel that given a little more time, they’ll be even stronger in the Alprentice All Stars edition.

For that reason, I have to say…

iisryan, you’re hired! :whoot: :whoot:

Congratulations, iisryan! You are the first WOWAY Alprentice! You will be the latest to join the ranks of WOWAY’s moderators as soon as WHiZZi sees the alert. But be prepared; there may be a little twist… :F
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Well, that wraps up the first season of The Alprentice! I think this has proved to be a successful WOWAY reality game, just like Survivor, but I want to know what you guys think. I’ve prepared a survey for you to take to share your thoughts on The Alprentice, its players, its host, and its future. You’ll also be able to share your thoughts on the tasks and if there were any firings that you felt were unfair. This will be very beneficial to the host of the second season.

Speaking of the second season, we have some early details available for you. While there is no approximate time frame just yet, Elvis will be hosting Alprentice 2 at some point after Survivor 6 wraps up. If you didn’t play in the virgin season of The Alprentice, then here’s your chance to play!

The final host post will be made later this week. Thanks everyone for playing and watching. Hope to see you back when Elvis hosts Alprentice 2!

P.S. If you haven’t played already, make sure you sign up for dingo’s Survivor 6! If you’ve already played, watch for the season premiere in late June!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

:) Thank you, Mr. Trump, and many thanks to Bevis for making this the most intense final challenge my team and I have ever sweated through (thanks must go to my background music writers as well).

:bigups: for Bevis!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beavis1313
Obsessed

Post by beavis1313 »

My reason for playing the game was to make new friends. I never even dreamed that I would make it down to the final two. I'm kind of glad I didn't win because I wouldn't have been able to play again at a later date
This Signature should not be read by anyone living or dead and is not a real Signature it's all in your head.
samuraisumo
Off The Deep End

Post by samuraisumo »

So now the game is officially over, I feel that I owe an explanation for my actions during the game.
First of all, unlike the MIA's, I chose to acknowledge Anth for all my schedule conflicts so that I didn't get out for a technicality.
I think the BHD's was a strong team, but it lacked the organization it needed to be successful in the challenges like we should ave. Based on the first challenge, it already looked like Beavis would be the force to reckon with. He actually met me for th first time while we were both working on the first challenge. One secret was that we talked and strategized the whole game. He's actually on my YIM buddy list.
I think the other players were strong in their own right, but I think that the majority of them looked at the game the wrong way. gtrmu looked at it very seriously. which was fine except that it turned ugly when I nominated him for firing. It was just a game and I don't think that personal attacks would have been constructive.
It was an idea to send PWJ to the lungs because he was MIA and the plan was to let it slow them down. Unfortunatly, it didn't work.
Now to explain earlier. I tried to leave the game a few times because of work conflicts. However, it wasn't until two challenges prior to the interviews that I had the chance. basically, I gambled withthe idea tht me leaving then would lead Beavis to the final four. I figured if I made a deal with gtrmu, either he or I would go tht challenge. Turns out I left cause we lost. The next challenge, because of his inability with graphics, gtrmu was fired thereby letting Beavis make the final four. I made a guess that Anth would go for a BHD vs. Lung finale. So I figured since Ryan had been the stronger player, all that would have to happen was Beavis would be honest. He was and he was in the final two. He exceeded his expectations in this game as had I. So I am overall pleased with the results As i said in my previous posts, Ryan has earned my respect by not turning dirty or playing dirty during the game and accepting me as a teammate in the final challenge. Beavis has become a bud of mine and I hope to talk more to him whenever either one of us need the help. I have a new respect for everyone who played this game, even Kay and gtrmu. This was a worthwhile experience and one I hope to repeat when possible depending on if my wrk schedule cooperates. I think I played this game honorably as my code dictated and that it was better than I was expecting.
My only gripe is the number of MIA's in this game. I think we should make it a general rule for all reality based games that possible contestants be able to be available for most of the game. I think that we should know before the game starts if certain people will or will not be able to play. If our MIA's would have been gone from the beginning, either the game would have been faster or people who could have played would have.
Otherwise, great game to all and we'll see what the future holds.
My friends call me Sumo.

Al team member 62!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Ryan big congrats going your way. You seemed to handle the stress and the put down of your tasks VERY well! Have fun at the mod forum. :ph34r:

And thanks to everyone, I had a blast being Caralyn_La_27. I hope I continue the job, and so until next fall, have fun.... :lookaround:

Until next time this is Caralyn_La_27 signing out
:w
In hiding since 2010
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I just want you both to know, we're all pulling for you! :Y
Deliriously Dedicated

Driew_La_27 @ May 23 2005, 08:56 PM wrote: Have fun at the mod forum. :ph34r:
I'm not allowed in :lol: In fact, I'm just a Lover with power over the Trashcan. But if anyone posts crap in the Trashcan, I'll be the first one to get it!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

That's all you get?? What a gip!
I was elected to lead, not to read.
Deliriously Dedicated

gtrmu @ May 24 2005, 10:18 AM wrote: That's all you get?? What a gip!
In all fairness, Anth said we'd be a mod...he never said how much we would mod :P

So, who's up for All Stars? :P