The Alprentice Game Play Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Nevermind, as I posted that he PMed me his choice!

He's swapping beavis1313 for PManplus65. If you're in any Yahoo groups or anything like that, make sure you change membership accordingly.

Thanks for putting up with me in this crazy pick'em situation guys! As I've said, the game itself is much better!!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Would the teams tell me who they selected as Project Managers for this task ASAP? I cannot post the task until I have the PMs from each team.
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Would the two teams please post who their PMs are ASAP?
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

iisryan is the PM for our team.
PMFL!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I guess Abbot.... :?
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

TEAM 1 PM: WeirdAbbott
TEAM 2 PM: iisryan27

Alright! Good luck to both teams! Your first task is as follows:

Because not all of you have seen the show, we’ll start off with an easy task. You will be doing two things tonight: 1)coming up with a team name, based on a Weird Al song/album/movie/quote; and 2) designing your own team avatar. So that we can have an unbiased judge, you are NOT to reveal your team name anywhere on the forum. If anyone does, there team will automatically lose the task, and it’s safe to say that the person who revealed it will be the one fired. There’s only one other rule for this challenge: everyone that submits an idea must have at least one of their ideas utilized. Don’t worry if they come up with something stupid; they’ll pay for it in the boardroom. Then, shrink down your avatar to 100 x 100 (or smaller). The avatars will be judged on creativity.
Requirements:
1. Your avatar must be a 100 x 100 .jpg (or .jpeg) image.
2. You cannot use any images that aren’t your own without permission.
3. Your team name must be somewhere on the avatar.

You have until 10 PM tomorrow night to complete this challenge. That’s 27 hours, more than enough time to decide on a team name and avatar. In fact, since I readily told you that coming up with a team was part of the first task, hopefully your team has already come up with a team name, or at least attempted to. Have one team member PM me with your avatar when you're done. Good luck and make your potential boss proud.

If you have any questions about the task, ask them in this thread.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

The first boardroom is tomorrow night at 9:30 PM EST. I should have the results by tonight. When I post them, the Project Manager of the losing team will choose two members of the team to possibly be fired.

To speed things up before the PM decides (if they aren't on at the time I get the results), all members of the losing tribe should post their arguments as to why they shouldn't be fired.

You guys have another 3 hours and 20 minutes to send in your avatars.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I have the results...but first, I have some...shocking news for the players. Two of your trusted teammates are not your teammates at all.

They are my associates for the rest of the game. Each of them will be watching one team for every task.

What does this mean for the rest of the players? Each team has "lost" a strong player who was never really there to play. But also, there are two less people to beat. Either way you look at it, George and Carolyn will be watching the teams on every single task and report back to me with information vital to helping me decide to fire. But just who are the Alprentice’s George and Carolyn?

George the Duck will be watching the Mr. Trump's Iron Lung team. Carolyn_La_27 will be watching the Bad Hair Days team.

And now, the results...
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Here's what the judge had to say:

Weeeellll...  I like B the best, but it's not too terribly creative.  A is both creative (I mean, come on!  It's a parody!) Plus it's more colorful, and probably fits the ALprentice theme better.  I'm not a big fan of The Donald, but I give it my vote.

So which one was A?

Congratulations Mr. Trump's Iron Lungs! You've won the first task! iisryan27, should your team lose the next task, you will be exempt from being fired.

Unfortunately, that means that
the Bad Hair Days are going to have to meet me in the boardroom tomorrow night at 9:30 PM EST tomorrow.

WeirdAbbott, please choose two teammates who you feel deserve to be fired. Before he makes his picks, if everyone on the Bad Hair Days could post an argument in this thread for why they shouldn't be fired, it would be a big help. If you see this message after he's made his picks and you aren't one of them, then there's no need to do this.

You have until the boardroom begins at 9:30 PM EST tomorrow night to post your arguments.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I realize that I did not make a big contribution on this task, but let me explain why. First of all, I had an unexpected play rehearsal last night. I also had computer trouble today. Also, this task did not really involve my strengths. By the time I was able to get on, there were already many great name suggestions. Also, photoshopping and creating avatars is not something I know how to do. I guess I'm saying I should not be fired because I have strengths that will be of use to the team in future tasks.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.