The Alprentice Game Play Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

beavis1313
Obsessed

Post by beavis1313 »

one of my team members I thought was working on it but I have not seen him online sence the start on the task so last night I added it to my to do list and with things going on today I forgot that we needed a press release so one was never created
This Signature should not be read by anyone living or dead and is not a real Signature it's all in your head.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

I'll take the hit for the booklet ... there is a lot of text, and when using something like PhotoFiltre, typing text into a jpeg is kind of an iffy thing (no word wrap). Not trying to make excuses for myself, but the limitations of the program hindered me a little bit.

Plus, it was done in something of a rush ... it was one of the last things I did (and wasn't really prepared to do it), and so it does not present the best work possible.

With that said, I'll just say I did the best I could on it ... tried to make the pages creative ... and should have made the font easier to read.
PMFL!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

anthontherun @ May 22 2005, 08:26 PM wrote: iisryan: The main problem that I had with your project was the design of the booklet. There weren't any pictures, and Driew complained that the font wasn't really a good choice. Why did you decide to design the booklet like this?
I was going for more of a "professional" feel than anything else. I stuck with the color scheme of the DVD cover (widescreen) and I kept the font sizes and colors as uniform as I could. I didn't include pictures because, since TWAS wasn't released on DVD, it was almost impossible to get good quality pictures to go along with it and I didn't want to ruin the professional feel of the booklet by adding pictures that look like they were dropped into a pit of ballpoint pens.

I chose the font because, as a Weird Al show, I wanted something goofy, but still readable with even a hint of elegance to. I found that font to suit my needs perfectly, but, apparently, you didn't.

As for my lack of release date on the magazine ad, I'm sorry, I thought the ad was for after the DVD set was already released (therefore, not needing one).

Side note: X* I knew I should've been nicer to Driew over the year and a half I've been here :P
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Beavis and iisryan, what parts of the task did you do yourself, and which parts were mostly created by your teammates? And when did you begin working on the task?
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beavis1313
Obsessed

Post by beavis1313 »

most of the booklet was basicly put together in the last hour
This Signature should not be read by anyone living or dead and is not a real Signature it's all in your head.
Deliriously Dedicated

anthontherun @ May 22 2005, 08:33 PM wrote: Beavis and iisryan, what parts of the task did you do yourself, and which parts were mostly created by your teammates?
Being a mostly PhotoShop challenge, I must admit with a heavy concience that I did most of it...:( I did the DVDs, the covers, the print ad, and the booklet. Feedback from other team members, though, really helped me with the final design, so much props have to go to them.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
beavis1313
Obsessed

Post by beavis1313 »

Akrovak did most of the basic of the graphics and I did the clean up and did some changes and some additions except for the back of the booklet it was 100% my own creation
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

We've covered just about all the aspects that needed to be covered about the final task. Now it's time to move onto the more important questions.

Beavis: You're a relatively new member to WOWAY, but you've proven to be a trustworthy and responsible member. Should iisryan's seniority play a factor in the decision of who should be the Alprentice?

iisryan: I'm sure that Driew is worried that if you were a moderator that he might be banned. While I sincerely doubt it would happen, if you were a mod, would you be tougher on Driew (or any other members) than most of the other WOWAY community?

Driew, teammates: Who would you feel more comfortable as being the moderator?
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deliriously Dedicated

iisryan: I'm sure that Driew is worried that if you were a moderator that he might be banned. While I sincerely doubt it would happen, if you were a mod, would you be tougher on Driew (or any other members) than most of the other WOWAY community?
:lol: No, I have nothing against Driew or anyone here. I won't be unfair to anyone, especially Driew, but I won't be a softy either ;) Trolls shake in fear when I hold the bat.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Both beavis and Ryan are there for a reason ... they played the game the best. I would be comfortable seeing either one as a moderator.
PMFL!