The Alprentice Game Play Topic

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Driew_La_27 @ May 24 2005, 03:19 PM wrote: In all fairness, Ryan, half of your posts are in that forum. :P
:lol: Yes, it's only fair. It's like cleaning up after myself.

Anth, I've locked every topic in the Trashcan (a personal pet peeve of mine) which is pretty much all I have the power to do. Being a Read Only forum, I can't change topic names, edit posts, post new stuff (not that I would), or do anything else, really. Sorry I couldn't do more for WOWAY.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Nice job Ryan! :Y
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Thanks for doing that! :Y Since you seem to be so diligent, I'll discuss the possibility of a promotion with WHiZZi soon.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Wow, already? You sure you don't want me to do more? I'll do whatever you want me to.

...Not like that!! :oo
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm guessing that was the plan all along :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

I just want you both to know, we're all pulling for you! :Y
I was elected to lead, not to read.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

spacedingo @ May 24 2005, 05:16 PM wrote: I'm guessing that was the plan all along :P
Well yeah. :rolleyes:
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

FINAL HOST POST

NOTE: In case you haven't taken the survey just yet, you still have a few more days before the results are posted...make sure you get your responses in ASAP! :Y

Before The Alprentice began, I was a little worried that a Weird Al game with a business focus wouldn't be as popular as the five Survivor seasons. I was surprised and very happy to see (via the results of the survey) that people really enjoyed The Alprentice and even more surprised to that a majority of the players and spectators (the ones who took the survey at least) gave my hosting skills pretty high marks. I really appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad that Alprentice won't just be a one-time deal.

But I couldn't have done this alone. So I give my sincere thanks to all of the following...

...Bruce the Duck, for being an associate for the earlier part of the game and for creating Weird Al Survivor, the predecessor to The Alprentice...

...scottidog, Elvis, WHiZZi, Aron, Genius in Maine, and WEIRDAlexis279 for helping with the judging on the tasks...

...Fintron, for fixing up the Alprentice logo...

...WHiZZi and Bermuda for bringing us this awesome forum...

..."Weird Al" Yankovic, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, Steve Jay, Jim West, Ruben Valtierra, Jay Levey, Mark Burnett, Donald Trump, George Ross, Carolyn Kepcher, and everyone behind The Apprentice for the inspiration behind this game...

...Elvis, for agreeing to host the next season...

...and of course, the entire cast of The Alprentice season 1...
DrDecay
Government Pig
Akrovak
spacedingo
WeirdAbbott
Kayy911
Kevbo1987
American Pie
PsychoWardJester27
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
samuraisumo
gtrmu
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
PManplus65
beavis1313

...and of course, our winner, iisryan27, for not only playing a great game but not getting upset when you learned of the twist ending...

...and most especially, thanks to Driew_La_27, for all the help he gave me throughout the game. Had it not been for Driew, this game would not have been nearly as good as it was. Thank you, Driew!

And thanks to everyone for watching The Alprentice! The first season was great; and I can't wait to see what Elvis has in store for season 2! :Y
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Thanks to everyone who took the survey! Here are the results, along with a few of your comments.

2. Are you satisfied with iisryan27 winning the Alprentice? Please explain why or why not.
"Yes, he was the best leader."
"Ryan was a very good player ... yes, I am pleased with him winning the game."
"Yes, because he in my opinion was the best candidate to get the job."

3. On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, how did anthontherun do as host of The Alprentice?
1: 11.1% (1 vote)
2: 0%
3: 0%
4: 11.1% (1 vote)
5: 77.8% (7 votes)
Total Votes: 9

4. How should MIA players be dealt with in future seasons of The Alprentice?
They should be fired after missing three consecutive tasks and the number of tasks should be reduced: 22.2% (2 votes)
They should be fired after missing three consecutive tasks and replaced by the last non-MIA fired: 44.4% (4 votes)
They should be kept around until their team loses a task: 22.2% (2 votes)
Other: 11.1% (1 vote)

"The team should decide when they go"

5. Which challenge(s) was your favorite and why?
"The first one. Designing logos and picking a name is always my favorite part of creative things like that."
"I loved the board game challenge. Lots of room to be creative on that one."
"The Final task because it was fun and hard, plus I found a lot of things they needed to improve on. |)"
"My favorite was the Board Game. We had a really funny (and awesome) idea, and it all worked."

6. Are there any firings or decisions made in the game that you felt were unfair? Please explain your answers.
"Nothing in my eyes was unfair. Maybe wrong but not unfair."
"spacedingo got a raw deal, man. And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm him. He made one simple mistake on one challenge, and then got accused of hurting his team for getting one of it's best players fired when he was trying to help his team and prevent a fiasco involving the other team. He also got accused of purposly getting Ak fired, wjhen dingo and Ak are very good friends on the forum, which really hurt."
"It all seemed pretty fair to me. Dingo's firing wasn't fair, per se, but he requested it so it had to be done."
"No, not really. The game was fair and I thought ran fairly smoothly. I wish I could have stayed in the game longer, but that was my own undoing."

7. Are you looking forward to The Alprentice 2?
Yes: 100% (9 votes)
No: 0%

8. Would you like to see an Alprentice All-Stars edition at some point in the future?
Yes: 88.9% (8 votes)
No: 11.1% (1 vote)

Which contestants from the first season do you feel should be in the All Star season? (As the winner, iisryan is not eligible since he's already held the job.)
DrDecay - Yes: 0%; No: 100% (7 votes)
Government Pig - Yes: 0%; No: 100% (7 votes)
Akrovak - Yes: 100%; No: 0% (8 votes)
spacedingo - Yes: 100%; No: 0% (9 votes)
WeirdAbbott - Yes: 14%; No: 86% (7 votes)
Kayy911 - Yes: 43%; No: 57% (7 votes)
Kevbo1987 - Yes: 78%; No: 22% (9 votes)
American Pie - Yes: 75%; No: 25% (8 votes)
PsychoWardJester27 - Yes: 0%; No: 100% (7 votes)
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh - Yes: 38%; No: 62% (8 votes)
samuraisumo - Yes: 100%; No: 0% (9 votes)
gtrmu - Yes: 100%; No: 0% (9 votes)
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles - Yes: 88%; No: 12% (8 votes)
PManplus65 - Yes: 29%; No - 71% (7 votes)
beavis1313 - Yes: 100%; No - 0% (9 votes)

9. Do you have any additional comments/questions about The Alprentice?
My comments in italics
"Why were there so many graphic challenges? After awhile it became clear that you were firing players that really didn't deserved to be fired if you look at the records just to keep someone who knew how to work the graphics. Beavis and Ryan were the only two who were going to get there. I think one skill should not be the only reason you get to the final two. So for next season I'd say make it an even mix so no one person has an edge."
While Elvis will be running next season and coming up with the challenges, I've already designed five of the challenges for the All Stars edition, and only one of them is a graphic challenge. While I plan to include two or three more graphic challenges, rest assured the challenges will not require nearly as many graphic creations as this season did.

"S'all good Peace out, brutha!!!!"
Oh yeah, you know it.

"Great game and *ha ha* a look back at my glory days in the speech...oi vey..."
Glad you enjoyed it. :Y

"The only down fall I see with the Alprentice was that the majority of the tasks were graphical based ... besides the *cough cough* eBay challenge, they almost all required some sort of strength in that area ... my suggestion would be to diversify it a little more, so that it's a more level playing field. Besides that, very well done and fun game."
As I said above, the All Star contestants won't have to worry about graphics very often. Thanks for the compliment!

"Great job Anth"
Thanks!

"Great job Anth, I had fun being your associate, and I hope I can continue my job as the associate!"
It's all up to Dave, but I put in good word for you.

"Anth- THANKS for putting this whole thing together. It was really fun and I enjoyed it while it lasted."
Don't mention it! I had a great time too.

Please feel free to discuss the results in The Alprentice chit chat thread.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

anthontherun @ May 28 2005, 11:03 PM wrote: "Why were there so many graphic challenges? After awhile it became clear that you were firing players that really didn't deserved to be fired if you look at the records just to keep someone who knew how to work the graphics. Beavis and Ryan were the only two who were going to get there. I think one skill should not be the only reason you get to the final two. So for next season I'd say make it an even mix so no one person has an edge."
There will be less graphics challenges in ALprentice II, so, potential contestants, don't let that discourage you from signing up :Y I'll try to make one or less graphics challenges. And if I have any graphics challenges, I won't hold lack of graphical ability against you. :ph34r:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!