Weird Al Survivor 6 Chit Chat Only Thread

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Ok, it's now time for me to compare the Survivor 6 contestants to the castaways from the CBS show! :whoot: This is pretty much the highlight of the season for everyone; Driew and Jeremy have full admitted that they lost sleep when I hadn't compared all of the All Stars to Survivors from the show. Later, I'll post my season ranking in the reality games thread.

Krazy Kyle: Ramona (S1)
Whenever we have the next Second Chance season, Krazy Kyle is the #1 candidate to include. Due to events that he had no control over, Kyle did not have a chance to show up to the challenge or even vote. In the first season of Survivor, Ramona was sick for most of her 12-day stay on the island. But towards the end of it, she managed to work her butt off to help the tribe. But unfortunately for her, it was a little too little, a little too late.

Naomi I Moan: Ashlee (S10)
Both Naomi I Moan and Ashlee were invisible during their time in the game. They didn't really do anything much in their short stays on the island.

Aron: Willard (S10)
Aron disappointed me because I was really expecting her to be a great player who would go far, just like I thought Willard would. However, Aron didn't really play the game, and thanks to the idiotic editors, Willard was virtually invisible until his boot episode. We later learned that Willard was probably one of the best characters of his season through interviews.

thepowerofpolka: Diane (S3)
One of the best things about WAS6 was that the MIA players got out of the game early. thepowerofpolka really didn't contribute very much to the season, just like Diane in Africa. After Diane felt weak, she basically lazed around...but luckily she was the first one voted off.

weirdalfan95: Gervase (S1)
weirdalfan95 and Gervase weren't exactly strategists, but they were both pleasant people that their tribes seemed to like. However, the tribal breakdown killed any chances either of them had to win the game: The Poor Mountaineers kept losing, and Pagong was being, well, Pagonged.

Kayy911: Clarence (S3)
Kayy and Clarence were major pre-merge figures in their respective seasons. They each had their share of enemies but they were also strong enough for their teams to keep them to bring them into the merge. After the tribes merged, however, they were taken out immediately as threats.

twinkieweinersandwiches24-7: Ryan O. (S7)
TWS and Ryan were both strong players but after the first post-merge Tribal Council, it was clear that they were vulnerable. They both tried their hardest to remain in the game, but it was no use: both of them were voted out at the second post-merge TC.

queen_and_weirdal_fan: Rodger (S2)
In QAWAF's case, he was the last of a dying breed: the Poor Mountaineers. In Rodger's case, he was the second-to-last of a dying breed: Kucha. But while the last Kucha member (Elisabeth) fought to stay in the game, QAWAF and Rodger simply accepted the fact that they were going to be voted off and didn't really do anything to stop it.

weirdstef: Alicia (S8)
weirdstef and Alicia were both part of tribes that had (or were about to) Pagong the opposing tribe. After the Pagongings were complete (in Alicia's case, the last remaining member of the opposing tribe had immunity and couldn't be voted off), both weirdstef and Alicia were shocked when they were the first of their old tribe to leave the game post-merge.

stupidhippie: Caryn (S10)
stupidhippie and Caryn weren't really the biggest characters from their season but they managed to go pretty far. They made strong alliances and were both favorites with the jury before they were voted off for being threats.

samuraisumo: Paschal (S4)
Both Paschal and samuraisumo got screwed by a twist at the final four. In sumo's case, there was not a vote; challenge performance determined who got voted off. In Paschal's case, a new twist was introduced to break ties: the purple rock. Paschal was not even involved in the tie, however, he was forced to pick a rock anyway, and ended up picking the purple rock and had to leave the game.

MarlinsGirl: Kathy (S4)
MarlinsGirl and Kathy were both two of the biggest characters in their seasons. They did well in the challenges and had great strategies to set themselves up for a win. However, in both cases, losing the final immunity challenge is what cost them the game--they were way too big of a threat in the final two.

BigDogz2500: Katie (S10)
I'm sorry BigDogz, but this is strictly based on strategy! Earlier, I said that one of the best things about WAS6 was that the MIAs left the game early. However, one of the worst things was that the final two was almost a repeat scenario of both Survivor: Palau and WAS2. In all three cases, there was one player who was pretty much guaranteed the win against their final two opponent (BTD, Tom, and Akrovak). Their opponent was a trusted ally that had been brought along and really didn't have much of a chance to win the game.

Akrovak: Tom (S10)
Strategically and in the challenges, Tom and Akrovak dominated their seasons. They were a presence from very early on in the game. Each of them attended only one Tribal Council pre-merge. Both of them were occasionally vulnerable from being voted off, but they always managed to find their way out of it, either by winning immunity or by focusing the attention to another player that needed to go. In short, they both were obvious winners from the start, and two of the most deserving ever.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

It's almost like you were playing the game, Anth ... as someone who was playing the game, I have to say your comparisons are very good (and that's without even knowing most of the people from the show).

However, my comparison is a little too generous, I think ... all luck. Luck I tell ya!

(hey, I have to protect myself somehow if there's another All Stars and I happen to be in it!)

Anyway, very good breakdown of the season! And now I can also sleep easier. :Y
PMFL!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yes, but more importantly, how does this season rank compared to the other seasons of Weird Al Survivor?

And even more importantly, how does that amazingly studly host compare to the others?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

spacedingo @ Aug 23 2005, 03:49 PM wrote: Yes, but more importantly, how does this season rank compared to the other seasons of Weird Al Survivor?
In the general discussion, I ranked the seasons by challenges (up to that point--siince Season 6 is over, I may edit my rankings). I'll inevitably rank the seasons by hosts and contestants as well, and I will likely post those here too.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Congratulations Akrovak!! :bigups:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Congrats again Ak!

I think it's safe to archive this baby! 8)

Thanks again, everyone!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?