Hangin' 27 - Part Dos

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Mystik Tomato @ Apr 23 2008, 02:28 AM wrote: I put Al's default pic for MySpace throgh, and got Kareena Kapoor (?), Don Adams, Clint Eastwood, Chen Yi and Linda Lovelace. Al looks like a girl, lol.
He simultaneously looks like one of the manliest men ever (Eastwood) and a woman? That's the talent of our Mr. Yankovic; only he can be that funny and weird.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

I'm really happy to find out that, should I want to go clubbing in Jerusalem, I'll be able to find a bar that will play Al songs. 8)
Vikki
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Now that's what I call news you can use. But do they play anything besides "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi?"

(yes I know the song is full of all the oldest Jewish jokes, but if you look carefully it's actually very complimentary to the clergyman in question)
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
nerdforlife
Obsessed

Post by nerdforlife »

like_im_27again @ May 1 2008, 08:00 PM wrote: I'm really happy to find out that, should I want to go clubbing in Jerusalem, I'll be able to find a bar that will play Al songs. 8)
Vikki
:lol: That's awesome!
Hi. Name's Raquel.
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Orthography Enthusiast @ May 1 2008, 11:45 AM wrote: Now that's what I call news you can use. But do they play anything besides "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi?"
:lol:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here's a sweet pic of Al graciously allowing his day at California Adventure to be interrupted by some girls who wanted a photo with him.

(I find it a little improbable that Al would be riding the pillbug bumper cars all by himself; it may very well have been a good thing that these fans weren't the kind of die-hards who can recognize Suzanne-- and thus any little passenger who may have been riding shotgun in her pillbug-- on sight)
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Aww, how cool is that? I love the little gal on the far right's expression. That's very sweet!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

That's awesome.
And Peggy
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Orthography Enthusiast @ May 27 2008, 04:15 PM wrote: I find it a little improbable that Al would be riding the pillbug bumper cars all by himself
Oh, I dunno...

He looks wonderful. And happy. That's what makes it wonderful. :inlove:
nerdforlife
Obsessed

Post by nerdforlife »

Orthography Enthusiast @ May 28 2008, 12:15 AM wrote: Here's a sweet pic of Al graciously allowing his day at California Adventure to be interrupted by some girls who wanted a photo with him.

(I find it a little improbable that Al would be riding the pillbug bumper cars all by himself; it may very well have been a good thing that these fans weren't the kind of die-hards who can recognize Suzanne-- and thus any little passenger who may have been riding shotgun in her pillbug-- on sight)
Oh man, that is awesome...ain't he sweet. :wub:
Hi. Name's Raquel.