Suggestions for UHF DVD?

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

Al knows that you guys have been patiently waiting for UHF on DVD, and now that it's almost a reality, he's promised to make it worthwhile for the fans.

Is there anything special that you would like to see in the DVD release?

No guarantee that Al will be able to do everything you want, but he might like to hear some of your ideas to help make this long-awaited release really cool!

Post your suggestions here!

Thanks,

Bermuda
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, I know a lot of fans would like to see outtakes, maybe even with some commentary from Al and/or Jay Levey. Also foreign language options. That's all I can think of. Those are two stand-out suggestions I've seen before, mostly on the petition to release UHF on DVD. It's sure to be great!

Patti
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

A petition? Cool! Could someone post those ideas here?
catanddogdoctor
Die-hard Fan

Post by catanddogdoctor »

A commentary (covering the whole movie) would be nice. Also, I would love to see any deleted scenes. IIRC, I remember reading somewhere there were a few of those.

Maria
Laurie29

Post by Laurie29 »

Here's my 27 cents on what I'd like to see; some suggestions are repetitive, but maybe if enough people ask for certain features they are more likely to happen! Here goes:

- Outtakes/bloopers (a must!!)

- Deleted scenes (a must!!)

- Commentary, at least from Al & Jay & possibly from other folks like Victoria Jackson, Emo, Fran Drescher, Michael Richards, etc. (or interviews with Victoria, et. al. if they are not able to do a commentary)

- A "Fun Zone" :wink: for the kiddies (and grownups too) with some cool games based on Stanley Spadowski's antics -- for example, something like "Find the Marble in the Oatmeal" where the winner gets to drink from (you guessed it!) *the firehose*!! -- or maybe Kuni's "Wheel of Fish"!

- Photo Gallery (good place to sneak in a 27)

- the "UHF" music video

- Cast bios, with nice tributes to Trinidad Silva & Billy Barty if possible

Holy mackerel (or should I say "red snapper"?), I asked for a lot! Thanks to Bermuda for posting this topic and to everyone for listening! Hope some other folks share my thoughts!!

Have a great day,

- Laurie :smile:

shocked at actually having this much to say in a post :wink:
Scrivel
Occasional

Post by Scrivel »

Kelly Phillips' UHF petition asked for

Deleted scenes

Running commentary

Out-takes

Original trailer(s)

Language options

Featurettes/Extra features (such as games, theatrical/musical career biographies)

Interviews with people involved with the film

Enhanced Dolby Digital/DTS and THX sound

Complete restoration of the print

Special effects (menus)

The UHF music video (1989)

A worldwide release

Her accompanying letter to MGM also threw in a request for them to rescind their "cease and desist" order about showing clips from the film at concerts, which I thought was pretty cool of her. The whole text of the letter is available at her website, wayuhf.com
ktmobile00
Occasional

Post by ktmobile00 »

On 2001-11-14 03:34, bermuda wrote:

There actually isn't much in the way of suggestions for extras on the petition. People only say that they want lots of extras, but nothing too specific. :smile: The only specific suggestion is that there be commentary by Al.

My suggestions:

1. Commentary and/or interviews with as much of the cast as possible.

2. Outtakes

3. Bloopers

4. UHF video and commentary on that

5. Trailers and/or commercials run to promote UHF

I guess that's it. Pretty standard. Thanks for asking our opinions!! That's really cool.

Katie
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Please allow me to respond with an encouraging "Me too" to every request mentioned already....although I don't know what it says about the state of DVD when people have to *suggest* things like deleted footage and commentary. :smile:

There is something that I don't think has really been discussed about the DVD, but I have heard once or twice that UHF was shot in an open-frame format. I don't know how that would affect the picture if the movie was offered in letterbox format or shown on an HDTV.

I am a big advocate of DVD's showing the original theatrical aspect ratio, so I would suggest that MGM talk with Jay Levey to discuss how it would best look on the DVD.

And in case anyone here hasn't seen it yet, a gentleman named Patrick McCart made a really cool mock-up of what the DVD cover may look like. It's up at my page about the DVD:

http://members.aol.com/allthngynk/uhf10th/dvd.htm
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

What I like to see on the DVD is:

-Some Personal words from the bandmembers to the fans (just talk something for 5 min)

-Bloopers

-Some (new?) music video's or previews

-A nice demo about the website of Weird Al (weirdal.com) and maybe this forum :wink: (just kiddin)

-And I would be really really really glad if the DVD will be released in The Netherlands (Please Bermuda, I'm sure I'm gonna buy it :wink: )