Suggestions for UHF DVD?

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Thanks to scrivel for posting allthe options that were suggested on Kelly's petition! And yes, I signed it, along with lots of other folks. And thanks also to Catra for posting the link to see the mock-up of what the DVD cover might look like. I also like to pic used on the DVD itself. That would be cool!

Patti
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

Wow... OK, here's what I'd like to see (and I'm probably going to sound like a broken record :razz:):

-Extended Scenes

-Deleted Scenes

-Outtakes/Bloopers

-Commentaries

-Trailers

And I also agree with many of the other ideas listed, such as:

-Interactive features

-UHF music video

Also, as far as format goes, it seems most DVDs nowadays are in widescreen format. Which is cool, except not all of us have widescreen TVs yet! :lol: So, I would like to see an option of widescreen or fullscreen format.

I think that about covers it...

Thank you for asking our input! :smile:

C-Bob
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

OK......here's my 27 cents on the subject:

foreign language options. (I was REALLY surprised to see that I wasn't the only one interested in that) More specifically, I'd like to see original scenes/ exerpts featuring a variety of foreign language. (Wouldn't it be funny all spliced together........like Frankenstein! LOL Anyway...........

I would LOVE some UHF trivia. The "Cliff Claven" in me loves that kind of stuff! Not sure how you would include it.........game, pop-up-video-----etc. I am not, at all, familiar with the DVD format. (But I'll buy my first when UHF hits! I've already started pricing them! LOL)

The other stuff mentioned......bloopers, outakes.....Al's thought and commentary, commentary from others involved, trailers etc....all GREAT ideas. I would love to see what Michael Richard has to say these days about UHF and/or Al Yankovic...working with Al, etc.

Word has spread like wildfire that you had even asked. Mad props Berm! LOL

Kim
the great Luke Ski

Post by the great Luke Ski »

Hey yall,

I agree with all the suggestions thus far, but I'd like to add one more to the list that no one's brought up yet:

DVD ROM

Some nifty stuff for our home computers, like wallpaper, screen savers, desktop themes, video games, sound files, and of course a hyperlink to http://www.weirdal.com.

You could even have a special hyperlink to a secret webcam so fans can get a sneak preview straight from the Australian based set of "UHF: Episode II"... wait, wrong movie, sorry. :smile:

Anxiously awaiting,

the great Luke Ski
mrchips127

Post by mrchips127 »

As long as it's widescreen and has that mysterious "Those Darn Homos" segment Al mentions occasionally (although, I'm still not sure if it's a joke or not).
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I'd go for...um...

-Deleted Scenes

-Bloopers

-Commentaries on doing scenes and such while the movie would be running.

-Interviews...

Ah, heck, what I'm saying is a repeat of everyone else!
whatmepolka
Occasional

Post by whatmepolka »

On 2001-11-15 03:46, mrchips127 wrote:
As long as it's widescreen and has that mysterious "Those Darn Homos" segment Al mentions occasionally (although, I'm still not sure if it's a joke or not).

Um............OK. You've got my attention. LOL I must say, I have never heard of it. LOL

I am repelled yet intrigued, simultaneously! LOL
Justmac
Occasional

Post by Justmac »

First of all, thank you for asking.

Second, I have nothing new to add. Everything I want has been mentioned.

Such as:

-Running commentary

-Out-takes

-Deleted scenes

-Interviews with cast members, Al and Jay would be nice

-UHF video (well, of course)

I think just having UHF on DVD IS cool! The fact that Al wants to make it special for us - well, that's REALLY cool. The only thing more cool would be if Al hand delivered a copy of the UHF DVD to my front door. lol

Thanks again for asking.

Debby
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

Just having UHF available on DVD is going to be great! Anything else will be like frosting on the cake...sweeeeet

There have been so many great suggestions! I'd definitely like to see comments from Al, and if possible from Jay. (It would also be kind of cool to know which one of them dreamed up some of those plot ideas.) Cut scenes, cast interviews, etc., would all be really neat, so I'll just add my vote to the ideas already mentioned.

Thanks again for asking!

Cinnamon
watt

Post by watt »

Here's something I haven't seen on the list yet.

A share of U62 stock.

Fred passed out (and created?) these certificates for the performance of UHF/Rocky Horror style at Dementia 2001. Bermuda was kind enough to autograph mine.

watt