Suggestions for UHF DVD?

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alina

Post by Alina »

Thank you very much for asking us, the fans, our opinion on this.

I don't really have anything new to add to the list, everyone seems to have thought of everything I would have suggested. Just having UHF available to buy again would be wonderful. I do not own a DVD player as of yet, but I do already own two DVD's. WAY Live and the Video Collection. I guess my next move would be the actual purchasing of a DVD player.

And may I add, that I live close to Debby, so keep that in mind if you find yourselves hand delivering copies in Ohio. :smile:

Alina
Alapeleke
Occasional

Post by Alapeleke »

a Dvd Player would be nice :wink:

Oh but I have been informed that my computer has that ability :roll:
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

Wow! Thanks for asking us. :smile: Unfortunaetly I have no ideas that haven't been said already, although a few of the best ideas I've seen here are:

-Deleted Scenes/Bloopers

-Interviews with Jay and Al (and hopefully others involved with the production of UHF)

-Different language choices

-Running Commentary throughout the movie done by either Al or Jay on a Second Audio Track much like what Al did for the TSB and IAATP videos on the WAY Live DVD

-Fun Zone for the kids

-UHF and Beverley Hillbillies videos

By the way, I know this is a really dumb question, but is a DVD ROM able to be played in a regular DVD player?

Oh, another thing. WeirdJoe and I made up a poll for his website http://www.barglenawdlezouss.com about what people would like to see on the UHF DVD. It's in the Interactive section, but my computer won't let me go to his website so I can't see how the poll is doing or even if it's still there. I'll have to try again from school or something...

Karen

[ This Message was edited by: Karen on 2001-11-19 06:12 ]
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

Yes the show "Those Darn Homos" was in the original script for UHF, and may actualy play better now, although it isn't exactly what I have come to expect from Al and the band. . .

As far as extras. . .How about Autographs? I have Steve's and Al's but Bermuda, jim, and Ruben snuck out on me (just wait guys...:smile: )

Of course deleted scenes, bloopers and all the stuff already mentioned.

And, as an afterthought, what about throwing in a coulpe of the other "educational films" Al's done over the years that aren't on the LIVE DVD?

harold
mrchips127

Post by mrchips127 »

It'd be cool if the dvd came with a mini-poster
Andrew B

Post by Andrew B »

OK eh, here is my feedback for what will hopfully be the best DVD to ever come out, I hope it helps you out.

Please make it a 2 disc super-duper, newly remastered, five star ulitmate directors limited collecters edition. Put a sticker(s) on the outside that says "never before seen footage", and "bouns collectors item inside".

A collectors booklet with lots of neat pics and info (sort of like the great booklet that came in the CD box set).

Spiffy menus.

I would like to see the movie with an Anamorphic wide screen presentation in its origanl aspect ratio (a pan and scan version will not cut it for me, PS what is the OAR of the movive? I do not quite remember what it was way back when I first saw it at the Clear Lake drive in).

Both a DD 5.1 EX and DTS ES (discrete if posible) sound tracks would rock, a music only sound track, and maybe the origanl audio track DD 2.0??

A how to make a Twinkie-wiener sandwich featurete.

English subtitles.

Subtitle track with useless facts about the film.

Of course the other stuff that may have been mentioned here and there: Comentary with Al, deleated scenes with optional cometaries, bloopers, a making of UHF feature (with interviews with cast members, behind the scenes footage etc.. should be at least 45 minutes long), photo gallery from all aspects of the film (advertising, behind the scenes, etc..) UHF music video, talent bios, trailers, orignal script (a possible DVD-ROM feature due to its size), Backgrounds for coumputers, and screen savers (DVD-ROM content), actors test footage (like the Superman DVD).

Now here comes the semi-negitave part about things that really really bother me about some DVD releases that have come out, that I hope not to see on a UHF DVD.

Things that I would not like to see on the DVD:

Easter Eggs, if its worth putting on a DVD there should be no reason to hide it.

Non-Anamorphic print, or a pan a scan copy. I want to see all of the movie in the best posible way as the director intended.

At anyrate, if the DVD is as good in quality as the Weird Al Live DVD I should have nothing to worry about.

Andrew B
DraculaInVegas

Post by DraculaInVegas »

Ok I think that would be pretty strange to see Al speaking in french (well actually dubbed french insed of Al's english) comming out of his mouth. I want to see Commentary and outtakes! Tralers yes and also a photo gallery!!!!!
HeatherE27

Post by HeatherE27 »

I agree with what everyone has said they want...out takes, bloopers, commentary, interviews, etc but I'd like to add that it *must* be letterboxed, no pan and scan please!!!:)

Heather