Generic Al Blather 3.0

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

weird27
Occasional

Post by weird27 »

MODS CAN LOCK THIS OR MOVE THIS IF THEY WANT, NOT SURE IF I SHOULD START A WHOLE TOPIC FOR THIS,

but anyways, did anyone ever see that IO triple play 1-800-OK-CABLE comercial? it's the one where a band is singing a song, and at the beginning and end of the song, it says EARLY EDISON as the name of the band and I LOVE CABLE as the name of the song.

?????

because i always thought that that sounded like frank's 2000" inch tv, not exactly the part that says "i love cable", but the beginning...sort of... any thoughts?
(awkward silence)
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I was going to move it to Generic Al Blather, but that topic is getting pretty big so it'll start off a new one.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Post by The Lilac Pilgrim »

Why is it when I post on a topic, it kills it?

Back on topic - I hate the people in my school for an Al-related reason. The credit all the songs that AREN't his to his, but all the songs that ARE his to Adam Sandler!! WTF?!?!

Ahem, sorry.....

Well, I say the people in my school, I mean one or two tht hate his guts for no reason. To annoy me I think.................
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

The Lilac Pilgrim @ Aug 18 2006, 12:41 PM wrote: ...I mean one or two tht hate his guts for no reason. To annoy me I think...
This is why, when I really like an artist, I don't share this info with anyone unless I know they won't give me grief about it. I wouldn't want their insensitivity to spoil it for me.
This means something. This is important.
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Haha, I'm stupid, I let everyone know.

But at least I can rise above it, whereas if I say to them "I don't really like *insert artist here*" (as opposed to their rather offensive "Weird Al Yankovic is a ^&^"£&*"*^"*!&^%£^%$$£%%%@@@£*^#*£&&!!!!!") they turn around and go "WHAT?! YOU'RE STUPID!"

<_<
"We're going to the beach to ride a camel on the sun." ~ Irwin Sparkes (I did a search on my signature because I can't remember where it comes from, other than Irwin Sparkes. These forums are the third result. This is my legacy, friends.)
MarsBar
Addicted

Post by MarsBar »

It`s funny. According to the kids at my school, getting straight A`s in Architecture, and graduating as valedictorian makes you an idiot

Whereas 50 Cent`s constant cursing and profanity makes him the coolest musician ever.
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Most likely to celebrate Weasel Stomping Day
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

I know what you mean :rolleyes:
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

Today on the 3rd day of school, we watched a sexual harassment video. What does that have to do with Al? Well, it's a very weak connection, but the school featured in the video was "Lynwood Middle School". :P The video's from 1994.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
The Lilac Pilgrim
Addicted

Haha, not that the subject's funny but I remember my friend Jimmy had to watch a video in social ed and the main character had the same full name as him :P

Al. Yeah, that's back on topic :-/
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

Well, uhm... I promised myself I would never do this and, even if I did, I would never share it here. BUT...

Well, a couple of nights ago, I was suffering from TWAS withdrawls. So... I wrote a fanfic. A very, very short one that my BETA (my friend who reads it before I post it anywhere and tells me about grammar errors, etc.) thought was adorable.

So, here ya go. Apologies in advance if anyone's brains are destroyed by this.
"Hide and Seek"

(Oh, and, it's written from Harvey's point of view. Why is beyond me, it just... happened that way.)
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥